Return

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd7mtr81ww[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Started with getting Wide Screen HD images of Shenmue 2. Here's the first 2 I took.

3 Blades St.

Pop Ice Cream

by wdrpgwd
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. After having 100% on the first two on 360, it's finally time to beat this one. I must say, even though BK fans tend to diss this one, I love it. It's basically classic Banjo-Kazooie, except the transformations of old are replaced by building your own 'transformations'. The platforming element is much reduced, but that's OK. In my opinion, most of those who decry Nuts & Bolts for not being a platformer probably haven't played Banjo-Tooie. That game took the old BK platforming formula to it's ultimate extent.

Aside from the graphics, there's really nothing they could have improved. 'Tooie is massive, and the later levels are ridiculously-complex. The levels are all interconnected, and some jiggies require a lot of work. I remember one in Jolly Roger's Lagoon which requires work in three different worlds to get. Nuts & Bolts is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Not just a great game, but a great BK game. Such immense fan-service in N&B.
by Martin
Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

I recently went for a short break on the Isle of Wight, there are a few cool game shops over there which i visited, i bought a brand new dreamcast and i also picked up 4 games for my collection, these were; Test Drive 2: The Duel, Skeleton Crew, Record of Lodoss War & Looney Toons space race.

http://shenmue-uk.com/Cars/NewDreamcast.jpg
Brand new DC, sexy! Note the colour difference on the second controller connection, one of the controllers from my old console. The Whole console was yellowed to fuck.

http://shenmue-uk.com/Cars/NewGamesAugust2012.jpg

Test Drive 2: The Duel (Genesis) - I picked this up on a whim, i dident go out my way to find this game, but saw it sitting there on the shelf and it jumped out at me because i used to rent it when i was a kid so nostalgia made me buy it, was very risky at a fiver lol i was actually pleasently surprised, it was better than i remember it being! i love the fact its one of the very first "driving sims" rather than arcade racer, as you get an in car view with steering wheel and gauges, and rather than circuits its open road (like the first NFS) with a rival car, traffic, roadside cops and the need to stop for Gas! superb cheap buy.

Skeleton Crew (Megadrive) - another impulse buy just out of curiosity, more risky at a tenner, but i saw the "Core" logo and knew it couldent be bad. Turns out this is an awesome game, Isometric shooter with co-op mode or single player. Pumping soundtrack and lots of action, how had i not played or heard of this before? it has made me want to go out and buy "The Chaos Engine" on Megadrive, otherwise known as "Soldiers of Fortune" to your Americans, made by Bitmap Brothers so has got to be good (and it does look and sound excellent from video's ive seen)

Record of Lodoss War - This was on my "wants" , think i paid about £15 but was well worth it, was just as good as i remember it being 10 years ago, an awesome action rpg, am loving it again!

Looney Toons space race - Only ever played this as a Demo back in the day of ODM & loved it, always wanted the full version. Finally picked it up for a tenner , bargain IMO ive seen it go for more on Ebay, top game aswell, not disapointed at all with this one either.

Good haul this time round, very pleased. Its nice to actually go out and buy games in a shop for a change rather than ebay, and nice to buy retro games in a shop. Ashame GAME ruined GameStation by taking away their retro, i really miss browsing retro stuff. Love the Independants, but they are hard to find.
by ShenmueAddict
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i see the shenmue 3 campaign is underway :)

by redline
Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Just canceled my Wiiu pre order and I'll be getting an iPhone 5. Nothing interests me on it other then Pikmin 3 and that won't be out for a few months. I'll most likely get the Wiiu on the day Pikmin comes out or soon after.

This whole iPhone v Wiiu debate is ridiculous anyway. They are two separate things one's a games console and ones a phone/mp3 player. It's like debating that people who buy a new mattress this year aren't real fans of freezers.
by Riku Rose
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Gah. I will try it tomorrow. I started a brand new Shenmue game instead. Still all i can say is i am still fucking blown away. Its almost HD clear like, how unrealised was this damn game, and console! FUCK if anyone on here hasnt played Shenmue through a VGA box on a LCD TV, do yourself a favor and just get it all! The hair on the characters is so individual and crisp, fuck you can even see the jagged edges on the snowflakes!! Unreal, i am just floored, i have never seen Shenmue like this :shock:
by Peter
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think F8 works as well.

Stone Pit

Bright Tea Shop

by wdrpgwd
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice work wdrpgwd :)

the library
by wude
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbBO7bKngwM[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

awesome reminds me of this :lol:
by wude
Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Promotional marketing idea's for Shenmue HD

Show people the game, this time.
by Martin
Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Online Gaming: Your Genius Moments

I always hate people that sit and wait for planes on battlefield, so sticking C4 on them, and detonating it when its in the air is always fun.
by HappyKillmore
Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Robocop suit

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0yuaUCKFII[/youtube]
by Martin
Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favourite gaming steeds

Lagi from Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei

I'm sort of attached to the little dragon in PD2. Starts off as a baby and you really kind of feel the need to protect it. The part where he flies for the first time is one of my favorite moments in any video game.
by Thief
Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPnK2Bl0Pk[/youtube]
by Martin
Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBLqGsxjc0[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That was... possibly the most random recommendation I've ever seen.
by OL
Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Don't remember when the biggest games on ps3 were full auto 2 and Ridge Racer 7 (which were just full auto and ridge racer 6 ported over).

I wasn't saying no system has ever been like that, just that I cease to care about a system until there's something truly new and worthwhile on it. As it is right now, WiiU is just set to be a PS3/360 with a touchpad.
The excitement I see people developing over that doesn't make any sense to me.
All I was saying is that I'm waiting to get excited until I see something new, exclusive, and interesting. And right now, almost nothing on it fits that criteria for me.
by OL
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Sonikku -
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7WJ6o-KnENk/TkOWFtUAR9I/AAAAAAAAAME/TSBdcyeakLs/s1600/Transvestite.jpg

Mitts -
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Chav_tracksuite.jpg

Ryudo -
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/fat-american.jpg

Riku -
http://2dboy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nerd.jpg

Animegamer -
http://geeksdreamgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/gaykiss.jpg
Either of those, doesn't really matter.
by Sailors?
Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Raid

For those here who have seen the martial arts movie "Merantau". The lead actor from it is starring in his next film "The Raid".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlmhMSnVdM

The style of action can be compared to Tony Jaa's movies.

Merantau Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtkLFm3QrmA
by Ziming
Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That was less of a justification of why you like the game and more of a personal attack on Dorian.
by Kenny
Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Who Really Cares? wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TRBwKFfJv4[/youtube]

by Dorian
Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

N & B is just terrible. I already posted Jon Tron but everything he said is correct.

Must say I don't agree, Ryudo. I probably love N&B just as much as the first two, which is saying a lot as they're two of my absolute favourite games. I said elsewhere more-or-less my opinion of N&B, why I think people don't like it, and why I love it and think it's totally Banjo-Kazooie.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. After having 100% on the first two on 360, it's finally time to beat this one. I must say, even though BK fans tend to diss this one, I love it. It's basically classic Banjo-Kazooie, except the transformations of old are replaced by building your own 'transformations'. The platforming element is much reduced, but that's OK. In my opinion, most of those who decry Nuts & Bolts for not being a platformer probably haven't played Banjo-Tooie. That game took the old BK platforming formula to it's ultimate extent.

Aside from the graphics, there's really nothing they could have improved. 'Tooie is massive, and the later levels are ridiculously-complex. The levels are all interconnected, and some jiggies require a lot of work. I remember one in Jolly Roger's Lagoon which requires work in three different worlds to get. Nuts & Bolts is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Not just a great game, but a great BK game. Such immense fan-service in N&B.

In short;

N64: Large hub world. = 360: Large hub world.
N64: Large sub worlds. = 360: Large sub worlds.
N64: Complete tasks to get jiggies/other collectibles. = 360: Complete tasks to get jiggies/other collectibles.
N64: Learn moves as you progress. = 360: Earn vehicle parts as you progress.
N64: Use new moves to get things you couldn't get earlier on. = 360: Use new parts to get things you couldn't get earlier on.
N64: Mumbo transforms you. = 360: Mumbo runs the garage where you transform yourself into whatever you want.
N64: Awesome humour and likeable characters. = 360: Awesome humour and likeable characters.
N64: Awesome music and overall sound design. = 360: Awesome music and overall sound design.
N64: Beautiful visuals for it's time. = 360: Beautiful visuals for it's time.

I think if people want more pure BK platforming, then they probably just haven't played the second game, and almost certainly haven't gotten the most out of the first two games. It's good that they twisted the BK formula slightly. At the start of 'Tooie you have all the moves from the first game. Keeping track of all of them was one thing. By the end of 'Tooie you got an insane amount of moves to remember. There's literally not enough buttons on N64 or 360 to keep track of them all, with some having slightly obtuse combinations to initiate.

That and the overall pant-shitting complexity and difficulty of 'Tooie in terms of real completion. 100% completion in Banjo-Kazooie was very difficult. Merely getting enough jiggies to face Grunty in the final battle of 'Tooie is just as difficult. 100% it is.. well. Let me just tell you that my 100% file of BK is 11 hours, whereas my 100% of BT is 22 hours. Banjo-Tooie is one hard fucking 3D platform game, and in my opinion, one of the ultimate examples of the genre. It's an insanely tough game to complete.

I wish before people write-off Nuts & Bolts as some kind of travesty to the series and fans, they'd make sure they've gotten the most out of the first two games. Every drop of gameplay (it is a collectathon, after all!). After doing that, I can't see how anyone what want the same thing again, just with better graphics and even higher levels of complexity/difficulty. As I said before, where the hell would all the new moves go? Not have new moves? That's lame.

I'm rabbiting. I love N&B, but it's OK to think it's shit as well if that's what you really think. Can't see why, personally!

Not liked a single thing Rare has made since N64. N & B looked pretty but hated it. I ave the first on N64 always have had Tooie on the list. Just not seen it in the wild yet.

It's an expensive game on N64. I had it on PAL (sold it for £70), but still have a loose NTSC cartridge. Selling all my PAL stuff. The loose cart cost me £30ish, I believe. OK deal.

Get it on 360 if you can. Better and cheaper. Nothing wrong with the original version of course, just the price.
by Martin
Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol, clash like Titans. More like two flies.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1KZueNQsY[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Robocop suit

Maybe we should wait til it comes out before we judge and judge it based on it's own merits instead of comparing it to something we grew up with. Nothing will ever compare if we keep holding it to something we are already biased towards and have a on high pedestal.

*cough* Devil May Cry *cough*
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These past few pages.. What the fuck am I reading.
:lol:
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intende

I hate that topic with a passion. Too broad a spectrum for it's existence to be justified. It's like a single topic for video games on a technology forum.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

Is it me, or does this just feel like a conversation between us three?
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Fable Series

mrslig100 wrote: I didn't like fable one. I didn't like fable two. I didn't like fable three. Nuff said :P

why'd you bother to keep playing them then?
by AnimeGamer183
Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Billie Joe Armstrong losing his cool.

I thought that shit was so funny. Like he's trying to be all punk rock about it. :lol:

I honestly don't think I've ever seen another mainstream band that tries so hard to fit into a specific "scene" label as much as they have. I remember seeing a Behind the Music with them, and half the damn thing was them talking about how every time a new album or song came out, they'd wonder "is it punk enough?"
Hilarious and pathetic all at once.
by OL
Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Billie Joe Armstrong losing his cool.

Do you think he got beat up alot at school when he was younger?
by AnimeGamer183
Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TWITTER

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5PAVp1t0go[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Celebrities reaching out to their fans, networking to boost business, posting news? Very useless...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, all celebs have someone post for them... And they never give out info like tour dates, up-to-date-by-the-second news of who they're working with for their new album, or interesting facts or opinions about their current or previous work.

Yet another invalid opinion from anti-mainstreamists who look down their noses on anything popular. I'm sure a person who starts topics titled "Dev Comment of the Day" and "Gaming Thoughts of the Day" would have no interest in such a site...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes I'm cooking for my son and his wife. Its his thirtieth birthday. SHATTO APPU ANDO EAT!
by Rakim
Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your personal saddest moments in Gaming *SPOILERS*

Being forced to kill in Conviction.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic