Search found 70 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Yep. We're going to easily surpass 10 million with that.
by TwiceFriedRice
Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Secrets and Easter Eggs

Did you know you can stay up past curfew when you're meeting Ren at the warehouse where Yuan is, and through the chase to the construction site? I stayed up until 3 am. It was weird. The three ladies were still sitting outside Pigeon Cafe.
by TwiceFriedRice
Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue I too SEGA?

I can't believe this would bother someone.
by TwiceFriedRice
Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens-Full SPOILER discussion ins

Will you guys keep it down? I'm trying to do drugs!
by TwiceFriedRice
Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di? Just a man.

SMDzero wrote:But he's Lan Di.. basically a god among men. I don't think balancing on a ladder with no hands is too much to ask a man with his super human capabilities.

What super human capabilities? The ability to beat the shit out of a 50 year old man? I must be a god.
by TwiceFriedRice
Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

Sonikku wrote:
Monkei wrote: ^ The NX version has to look better though. They're probably talking gameplay?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda- ... 0-6440876/

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/z ... xperience/
by TwiceFriedRice
Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

^ The NX version has to look better though. They're probably talking gameplay?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-on-wii-u-and-nx-will-be-t/1100-6440876/

"It doesn't even sound like graphics will be affected." - that's pure speculation based on nothing, graphics weren't mentioned at all. I really doubt both versions will look the same.

Check out the link I posted. Aonuma confirmed the graphics will be improved in the NX version, which was pretty obvious.
by TwiceFriedRice
Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nintendo Switch

Looking at it from perspective, despite a lot of killbuzz at launch, the switch has planned one of the best year one lineups in years (on par with the DC ).

Zelda, MK8, ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey ?

That's pretty ridiculous right there.

EDIT: Xenoblade 2 is also scheduled for 2017 ??? that's damn sick.
You're kidding right? Six games for the whole year and you think that it can beat the Dreamcast? Don't be ridiculous.

When the Dreamcast launched in the US on the 9/9/99 it had 19 games day one. That's more than three times the content that the Switch will see in all of 2017. The Switch is never going to match the quality of the Dreamcast's library because Nintendo can't solve their lack of third party support problem.

I'd like to see your math on that one.
by TwiceFriedRice
Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

All he did was point those out. Yet, you still said that the Switch's announced lineup this year was lackluster, which isn't the case. It's not nor won't be on par with the DC (what is?) but it's going to have a good first six months.
Here's the thing - first party games alone can't ever make a respectable line-up. You need both quantity and quality. Thus far, Nintendo is faced with the same embarrassing software drought they've had for several console generations. Heck, the only decent thing Nintendo has going for it after Zelda at launch is a port of Wii U game, that's just sad.

Here's the thing: If you have a steady stream of releases, it doesn't matter if it's 3rd party or not. Games are games.
by TwiceFriedRice
Thu May 18, 2017 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Boxart

:) Another World. It was one of the first videogames I ever played.
http://umbcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AnotherWorld-boxart.jpg

This item is not mine, but this is the EXACT same version I still own after so many years :cry:
https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/ZjcAAOSwo4pYic5R/s-l225.jpg

:) Here's the original artwork by Eric Chahi himself:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/437199346625214492/CC5EAFC7DBE6EF0CD114C6F04833CFEE7263CF61/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:*

Interesting game to pop your cherry on.
by TwiceFriedRice
Fri May 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Chris Cornell

Soundgarden >>> Nirvana and Pearl Jam

Superunknown is one of the best albums ever recorded. The dude's voice was fucking insane. Like so many musical icons we've lost in the last few years, he was an absolute treasure and will be missed.
by TwiceFriedRice
Fri May 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NEW 2D METROID MUTHA FUCKAS!!!!
by TwiceFriedRice
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In unrelated news, it turns out that Monster Hunter XX won't be getting a Western release: https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874767706716852224

This decision by Capcom not to release the game in the West, instead focusing on Monster Hunter World, makes Nintendo's already meagre third-party support significantly weaker.

You're a real dumbass.

All it says is that there's nothing to announce currently, not confirmation that it's not coming at all. The game is a port of a game that got a release in the US, so you can bet your ass it will get a Western release.
by TwiceFriedRice
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

The character models are final.
by TwiceFriedRice
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

I just made the mistake of reading the YouTube comments section (always a mistake). Holy shit people are fucking dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by TwiceFriedRice
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

I just made the mistake of reading the YouTube comments section (always a mistake). Holy shit people are fucking dumb.

by TwiceFriedRice
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka wrote:According Yu Suzuki, the main story will take 20 hours to finish. Add 20 another hours to complete the secondary quests.

Awesome. That's about in line with the rest of the series.

by TwiceFriedRice
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

all over the internet people are now laughing at this. they should not have released any trailer as shit as this one. gives shenmue 3 a very bad rep. I'm sure the faces will be fixed but to people and journalists watching and rating this they think this will now turn into shit. the youtube video also got a ton of downvotes.

Still the appearance at Gamescom and the Trailer on Sony's official PS channel got S3 a ton of exposure. The S3 Trailer is standing at 370k views at the moment and counting. The video is standing at about 7500 upvotes versus 2000 downvotes, which means that roghly 80% of the viewers who give a vote like the trailer.

Sure, people will see the facial animations aren't there yet, but people will also see the environments and the fight scenes looking fucking phenomenal. Those people just don't tend to be as vocal as the sour and hateful people.

Also, for me personally, I've made it a general rule of thumb not to read any user comments. Not just related to Shenmue or gaming in general but on all websites. User comment sections tend to be dark places in general, and especially on Youtube. One should not read user comments. Ever. No matter what video you're on. :D
mass effect andromeda got a ton of bad exposure as well and the game failed.

It got a ton of bad exposure right before release when it was clear the game was going to ship that way. It didn't have the benefit of later impressions. Big difference.

by TwiceFriedRice
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spaghetti wrote: Unfortunately this event does solidify the fact that developers can rarely be honest with their audience about the state of their game while in development. Smoke and mirrors forever and ever.

Shenmue innovates again.
by TwiceFriedRice
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

Maybe Chai got kicked out of the Chi You Men for his failures, and now is following Ryo around wanting to be his protege. lol

by TwiceFriedRice
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Is the Yakuza games and AAA games the only games you play and thus hold Shenmue 3 to the same mark to? You have a very tunneled vision of today's modern gaming.

Well comparisons need to be made somewhere to give a frame of reference so stop the condescending attitude.

You are going on about scaling the game back and ending it, which is never gonna happen.

The game is going to be inevitably scaled back, it will never be the ground breaking epic Shenmue 1 and 2.

It's been explained in the Kickstarter and numerous interviews what this game will be, how big it will be, that it won't end with 3. Why are you drabbling in about stuff that really doesn't matter?

Don't tell me it doesn't matter, I've been waiting for what seems to be over a decade for this game. Do you honestly think waiting over a decade for an answer to the cliffhanger from one of my favorite games doesn't matter? I don't want a repeat of that with Shenmue 4.

You've been waiting 15 years for a series to continue, and now you want the series to end. Logic is not your strong suit.

If the only thing you're worried about with Shenmue is the conclusion, you are missing the point. Trust me, reading the story or getting it in some non-interactive form would be extremely underwhelming. The story is nice and all, but it's only great because of the whole package that it's included in.

by TwiceFriedRice
Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Super Blurry Development Screenshot

The game sucks so bad it's even putting its developers to sleep!
by TwiceFriedRice
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Super Blurry Development Screenshot

Sonoshee wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote: The game sucks so bad it's even putting its developers to sleep!

Lol, thanks for stating that before the cavalry arrive :P

It couldn't possibly be because they are working all hours God sends :-"

The camera probably just caught him blinking.

by TwiceFriedRice
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic