Search found more than 1428 matches

Return

Re: Rep gone?

NOOOOOOOO!! My life's work ruined!! I'll get you for this Gadget!
by Rakim
Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

The Shenmue Dojo moderation team has been modified:

Yama (Admin)
Henry Spencer (Mod)
Peter (Mod)
Mr. Kyodai (Mod)

OL: Awaiting response.

We will have a new wave to follow in the coming months, adding one to two new moderators.

Thank you for your support!
by Yama
Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

...what about KiBa?
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yay. The Irishman is green again! I feel so much better now. Thanks for everyones support prior to this. Onwards and upwards gentlemen :D
by Peter
Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Voting For Mods

I would wish to be the first to suck up to welcome our new Kiba overlord. =D>
by Sonikku
Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

I like this guy, but dude, you need to change your name as it reminds me too much of people like ryoman lol.

Your sig is AMAZING. \:D/
by QWERTY
Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I or II (v. 2012)

Shenmue II is much more grand and develops far more as far as the plot is concerned, though Shenmue's atmosphere is still untouched in ways. Dare I say it all felt so... cozy?
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never mind anyone disagreeing, Guilin is still my favorite part of the series. It was beautiful, grand, formally introduced my favorite character Shenhua, developed the story and represents the series moving forward. And come on, who didn't love those QTE sounds? :)
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It does look amazing via VGA, it's the only way I prefer to play.

Though Shenmue IIx also looked great via X-Box's HD component cables on a native 4:3 HD CRT. I miss mine so much.

Ahh, the good ol' days...

http://i.imgur.com/rOyzE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ijU7R.jpg
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KiBa wrote:My Captains, ye know not what OCD goals ye have destroyed!

Anytime. :-"
by Yama
Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I worked hard to post just enough solid gold to reach 13th place , then post just enough to maintain that perfect place, never more, never less, like the time I reached the perfect number of posts, so I stopped posting, and a great hero spoke for me.

My Captains, ye know not what OCD goals ye have destroyed!

Speak for yourself. The last time I checked my ranking, I was sandwiched inbetween Bambi and Ziming. Have you any idea how difficult that was to achieve?! [-X

Inversely, I suppose they both dodged a bullet. :oops:
by Sonikku
Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Music similar to Shenmue OST

The soundtrack from Shenmue remains my favorite video game soundtrack of all time. I've been searching for another video game OST that's similar in style and quality ever since and have not found anything.

I was wondering if there are any soundtracks that you guys can recommend that's similar to Shenmue's OST.

Thanks
by xmizer
Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

KiBa wrote:Does anyone have a Kowloon elevator shot? Nice color and atmosphere, as I recall.

I second that, a 1080p render of this would be amazing.

With the special Wude poster too ;-)
by shengoro86
Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

^ I had a dream he would return today.
by Sailors?
Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Running it? You mean sitting-on-your-arse-and-doing-fuck-allin it?
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

here's an avatar if you like it ;-)
by south carmain
Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

Natsuki has dreamed of being a housewife since she was a child. After graduating from college, she got a job for a construction company for the short term, but ended up working there for almost 10 years. When she was nearly 30, just as she was starting to think she'd never find someone worth marrying, she accompanied her boss to a meeting one day with Mikio Sumiya, an elite government official of the Ministry of Construction. She and Mikio fell in love and married after a breif courtship; so at last, Natsuki is fulfilling her dream. Her fellow workers still talk about her story as a fairytale ending. The couple bought a house in Sakuragaoka when their first son Kotaro was born, 11 years ago. Mikio is frequently transferred and is now in Hiroshima living alone. Sumitani really likes chitchatting. One of her pastimes is to gather information on show business from TV programs and magazines and be the first to tell friends about it. Furthermore, she likes to gossip about her neighbors. She is not satisfied unless she knows everything that's happening in the community. She might have useful information for Ryo, bu there are times when she slanders people. She may appear to be concerned about an incident, but more likely she wants to know so she can spread the word. It also known that she...

CAN'T SEE SHIT!

What a beautiful story.
by Yama
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II Music: Ryo's Arrival to Guilin (Dreamcast)

Ok it turns out this is not a unused track after all. This track is used in the beginning of the Guilin chapter for the Dreamcast version. I labeled this "unused" because I was using the Xbox port as a reference. If you listen and compare both versions it's obvious they are not the same.

Xbox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLO2lkidgY&t=91s

Dreamcast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovBrPi1V9U&t=1m43s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp9IEOhyoqE
by Ziming
Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am bored

And then I remembered that you guys were worth a chuckle or too. It's been a while. How the fuck are ya?
by Sir JC Denton
Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am bored

So we meet again.....

*drills hole into JCs head*

*powerbombs him through burning table*

Welcome back man :)
by Samanosuke Akechi
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

80 year old lady has stunned art experts around the world after she destroyed a church fresco by attempting to restore it

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/909419-wel ... ting-tunic

:lol:
by redline
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just use my own judgement when linking images. If the site allows it and is big enough, it shouldn't be an issue. If it's some low tier monstrosity, I just upload it so it won't end up broken down the road.
by Yama
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elderly woman destroys 19th-century Spanish fresco by Elias

http://i.imgur.com/NU27e.jpg
An elderly woman has destroyed a 19th-century Spanish fresco in a botched restoration conducted without permission.

Three separate photos show the extent of the damage done by the unnamed woman to Elias Garcia Martinez’s work ‘Ecce Homo’.

The damage was discovered after Martinez’s granddaughter made a donation to the Centro de Estudios Borjanos which holds an archive of local religious artworks, a couple of weeks ago.

Staff then went to check on the work at the Santuario de Misericodia church in Borja, near Zaragoza in north eastern Spain, only to find it dramatically altered.

The three photographs show the changing face of the artwork over the last two years.

In the first photograph, taken in 2010, slight speckling is apparent. In the second photograph, taken just last month, large patches of white dominate the picture. One theory is that the elderly woman had already begun her work on the painting at this point, and the white marks are the result of her scraping away the paint.

The third photograph shows the image transformed beyond recognition, with a childlike reworking of Jesus’ face, broad brush strokes removing any subtlety from the clothing and thick layers of red and brown paint covering several key details, including the crown of thorns.

Despite the terrible results, the restoration, which was completed without permission, is not thought to have been malicious; rather the work of an enthusiastic, if somewhat misguided, amateur who lived near to the church and simply wanted to repair the ageing artwork.

Culture councillor Juan Maria de Ojeda was quoted in the Spanish newspaper El Pais taking a somewhat sympathetic tone, saying the elderly perpetrator had undertaken the project “with good intentions” and had reported and admitted causing the damage when she realised it had “gotten out of hand”.

Despite being a work of little artistic importance, and not part of any painting or altarpiece, it did have some local sentimental value.

"The family used to come here to spend the holidays. One summer the artist made the portrait and bequeathed it to the people," Ojeda said.

The damage is currently being assessed in an attempt to work out exactly what materials the amateur restorer used. The long-term hope is that a professional may be able to remove the layers of paint and restore the work to some semblance of its former state.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/elderly-woman-destroys-19thcentury-spanish-fresco-by-elias-garcia-martinez-in-botched-restoration-8073267.html
by south carmain
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sleeping Mods: Shenmue III (almost) released!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDdgKAf6f6U[/youtube]

:mrgreen:
by Mitsuzuki
Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

As mentioned elsewhere I picked up Dark Souls recently and I must have spent a good while in the character creation screen, not just to determine my starting stats and appearance but because of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPK2oskj06E

To me, I felt the same vibe as being in a typewriter room in the early RE games. It's soothing, beautiful and a little sinister. It also lends itself well to the game, just like in RE, where it provides a sense of security and comfort. A time to rest and meditate before stepping out into hell.
by Tuffty
Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Short Shenmue Video

Hi guys,

Made this short Shenmue video a little while ago after getting Shenmue nostalga from the start of a Devil Wears Prada song - it sounds like something straight out of Shenmue. However, anyone unfamilar with the band, Shenmue sounding songs like this aren't something you're gonna find if you search for them on Spotify :mrgreen: , but to me, this particular song gives me Shenmue fever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogsQvm-IzCE

Tried my best to include footage that kind of went with the lyrics :)

Hope you guys enjoy!
by SkillJim
Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

I'm at Season 2 Episode 4 of Breaking Bad.

You guys weren't kidding. It's getting better.
by Kenny
Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm using my month free trial on Breaking Bad. Watched the whole first season yesterday..
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I watched them at a similar rate. It really is one of those shows where you want to watch the next episode straight away. That's why waiting a week for each new episode now seems like a big pain in my ass. But yeah, it's amazing.

If you thought series 4 was dark, just you wait for series 5...
by Sailors?
Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And I present to you...

Spokanes new GF
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xzWbRwOio[/youtube]
by AnimeGamer183
Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Neil Armstrong dead

Great scene here from the movie documentary "In the Shadow of the Moon". Proof this guy had balls of steel.
I recommend everyone see this whole doc sometime. Its one of my favorites.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPT5gBqmYbY[/youtube]
by Axm
Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

KiBa wrote:Rune Factory looked great. Anybody play it? Was it any good?

All the DS ones were really good. Never played the first Wii Rune Factory but the one that came out for PS3/Wii was rubbish.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sailor Moon

KiBa wrote:I was jealous of Sailor Uranus.

:lol:
by south carmain
Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Picture Association Game!!

Got this idea from some chatting in another thread, so dont know if it will work or not. But meh why not give it a try. Just a case of "say what you see" really. I will start off with an easy one:

by Peter
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z9R6cdz8dM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL2OT6a1MXU[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VUMULLYVOTS

I'd just like to wish Vumullyvots a happy 46th birthday. A great member. Sorely missed.
by beedle
Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone want me to create them a new avatar or sig using photoshop? Give me the subject and what you might want in it, I'll create it if it is a good idea. Better yet, if you think someone has a shit avatar or sig that needs a serious cosmetic makeover, let me know and I will make it for them. Then Yama will edit their profile and force them to use it. :twisted:

PS - OL can vouch for my sig skills.
by Joe Pesci
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ys & Falcom

Stop with the spamming.
:roll: It's not tho!
Sqeee was because it's an expression of joy to the news Manny posted!

My last post was a joke to Kiba as he has been posting as me and he was being that telemarketing guy. Dead god am I going to get banned for having a small joke yet again?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O-SX_W0lrQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlSF0dtDRD8
by Bluecast
Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Causing Trouble At School

Was on a football forum and see a thread about the worst things you did at school. These where my favorites.

Amongst all of the fights, countless letters home and detentions my finest moment was when I tried to burn the school down..and almost suceeded. There was a paper recycling bin next to the chemistry department (very stupid place to put it) and I chucked in a lit piece of paper, next thing I know the thing went up in a smoke within seconds. I did a runner and sat in the library. Next thing loads of my mates pile in pissing themselves laughing saying all the teachers were panicking trying to put it out. They struggled for quite a while but eventually managed it, then the investigation commenced.

Must of gone on for a month - first they claimed they had cctv evidence of who did it, but I knew where the cunts put those camera's so I called their bluff..they were lying. Then they gave the whole school detention for weeks on end hoping someone would grass, but no one did. Then they did a compulsory anonymous ballot for everyone in school to put a name down and mine came up but to my surprise so did another kids who I hated. We had an intesnse week long interrogation and eventually with my cool calm persuasive skills they pulled me to one side and apologised for wasting my time and said they knew it was him all along.

I found it hilarious, went home told my parents and the cunts rang up the school and grassed me up..something about morals and you do the crime you do the time. Got excluded for a week, bastards.

When I was 12 (year7?), I discovered a larder in the food technology department, that stored all the choc bars and crisps for the tuck shop - remember those? After staying behind for a club one day I chanced it and was delighted with a sneaky haul of several boxes of dairy milk and mars bars which I transferred into my locker, with the intention of selling them for 30p a time which was a good rate back then. A good trade developed over the next few days but some fat kid who had bought one grassed me up because he thought they were stolen.

The lies that fell out of my mouth that afternoon in the headmaster's office. I concocted a story that a bad man waited in the field in our village where I trained on thursday nights with the under 13s team, and when we were doing our laps at the start I had to go into the next field where he waited and give him the money I made from selling them. I told them if I didnt get him enough money each week, he had threatened to rape me in the butt.

I was expecting a compassionate understanding response.

I was not expecting to be jogging round the field that thursday, as 8 police officers waited in various hiding places - a dog unit primed for response nearby and my foster mum sitting in a car with my social worker sobbing uncontrollably. Needless to say the mystery man didn't show and I just stood there like a lemon for half hour thinking ' fuck,fuck,fuck...'

Summer holidays were particularly shit that year. And I was never allowed a locker again :(

What's the worst shit that happened at your school that either you or mates did?
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

I missed another dojo drama show?

by Who Really Cares?
Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

Crimson Ryan wrote:And things were going so well :roll:

One member doesn't decipher an entire forum and if they do, I blame the community as a whole not the member.

Needless to say, this is all in Junk... a forum that will soon be deleted, so it's really meaningless.
by Yama
Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Sounds like a fetish request to me. :lol:
by Spokane
Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does Yu Have The Eye Of The Tiger?

This........... is what happens when deprived of Shenmue III for too long.
by Yama
Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic