Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Trailers

I always loved that Shenmue II Xbox trailer. I watched that countless times back in the day and each time i got pumped up for its impending release.
by Jesse
Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki doing Reddit AMA tomorrow!

Will we see nozomi and gui zhang at some point down the line? Is there 11 or 16 chapters? Who's the Jacky Bryant looking character in project berkeley and shenmue online footage?
by Jesse
Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona 5

My only hope is that we'll get dual audio tracks this time around. Namco have been smart enough to start doing that with their Tales series; no reason at all that Atlus USA shouldn't learn a thing or two from that.
Not that the previous Persona games had bad dubs or anything, I'm just so tired of listening to the same old Northern American voices and accents which scream absolutely nothing but "anime" when I hear them.

http://personacentral.com/atlus-usa-releases-an-online-survey-about-dual-audio/

^ Atlus USA did a survey back in April and dual audio was one of the questions. According to message boards dual audio was leading by a big margin by people who took part in the questionnaire.
by Jesse
Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 List

Ps4 versions of Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. Horizon: Zero Dawn
by Jesse
Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

Has he considered changing parts of the story because it's been 14 years since two and his thoughts or feelings may have changed since all those years ago?

Who's the Jacky Bryant esque looking character in shenmue online?

Did he ever consider making a spin off game where you play as one of the main characters in the game in between the main series? ( Example: playing as gui zhang after his injury in between 2 and 3 )

How many months or years does the series stretch? Such as does it make it to 1988 or possibly beyond.

Any chance of seeing nozomi or any of the other shenmue 1 (aside from lan di or through flashbacks lol) characters in future installments?
by Jesse
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New details on Persona 5, including the reveal of its fifth party member, have leaked via Japanese magazines.

Our heroes shake up the big city as the “Heart’s Phantom Thieves.” They send notice in advance to persons to confess their crimes and reform, and set out to steal the “rotten hearts” from “rotten adults” for the sake of changing a rotten world.

The fifth member of the Phantom Thieves is a young man named Yuusuke Kitagawa, voiced by Tomokazu Sugita. His persona is Goemon. He is a scholarship student that attends the Kousei Public High School as part of the academy’s art course. He is a live-in disciple of his Japanese painter landlord Madarame.

According to the director of the Tekken series Katsuhiro Harada, he was out drinking with the Persona director Kazuhisa Wada, Persona designer Daisuke Kanada and the Gravity Daze/Rush director Keiichiro Toyama.

As they were drinking sake, Harada says that the reactions from the fans when Persona 5‘s delay from 2015 to Summer 2016 was announced on Niconico apparently made Kanada have a pale reaction.

After that, the members out drinking concluded that maybe it would be better to return to work.
This scenario could possibly be related to why Hashino was too busy to make it to the TGS 2015 Game Awards ceremony—thanking the fans despite this in that blog post—where Persona 5 was fan voted at the convention as one of the most anticipated games:

Ace Attorney 6 (3DS)
Star Wars Battlefront (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4 / PS3)
Tokyo Xanadu (PS Vita)
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4 / PS3 / PS Vita)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV (PS4 / Xbox One)
Fallout 4 (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
Persona 5 (PS4 / PS3)
Monster Hunter X (3DS)
by Jesse
Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue IV a possible reality at this point?

Yes i believe Shenmue IV will be a reality hopefully itll be out by 2022. Regardless itll happen we have waited to long to settle for anything less than the finale of the saga.
by Jesse
Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

They could do a thing like GTA V does which is they have the names of streets and cars appear in the bottom corner of the screen once you enter them. Or have it load into the level like Heavy Rain did. Just as long as they aren't bad load times than it's fine with me. Whatever is easier to implement for the developers.
by Jesse
Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 - Dates, Games, Rumors.

Atlus USA have confirmed that Persona 5 and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse will be among the games they have to show at their booth during the expo in June.

This follows the news that Atlus USA’s E3 2016 booth would likely be right next to SEGA Europe’s for the first time.

Last year, Atlus USA showed the following exhibitor games off at their E3 2015 booth:

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Lost Dimension
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Stella Glow
The Deadly Tower of Monsters
The Legend of Legacy

Their booth was also Persona 5 and Persona 4: Dancing All Night themed (complete with dance floor)

I plan on watching Sonys presser. I expect The Last Guardian fall release date. The ps4k date and details. Hopefully a Shenmue 3 showing of some sort but not banking on it. That may be at next year's e3. Sony Bends new IP. Crosses fingers gameplay of Detroit but Sony may show that at gamescom

I expect Horizon Zero Dawn to be delayed til next year. It would be great if atlus announced a December u.s. release date for Persona 5.
by Jesse
Wed May 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actual Weather poll

I was wondering how many dojo members have used the actual weather option before. I personally have always thought about using it but never did. Probably because I'm so used to the magic weather option. For those that have how does the weather change through the game?
by Jesse
Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Favorite minor character

I posted this topic years ago but can't find it using search. So who is everyone's favorite minor character in Shenmue 1?

Mine is Noriko I always wished the minor characters had more to say and she is on the top of the list. Hope I find out down the line that she's gotten that elusive kindergarten teacher job.
by Jesse
Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nozomi's mom?

I'm doing my yearly playthrough of the Shenmue series and I think there's a mistake with Nozomi's mom? Granted I could've missed dialogue before at the flower shop about it but this is the first time I've ever noticed it.

When you get the call from Nozomi at your house to meet at the park. She tells Ryo how she feels. She says that her mom called from Canada and her dad is insisting that Nozomi return home.

When you meet her again at the park and she's crying she says that her mom will stay here in Japan but she'll have to go to Canada. Is that a mis translation or a minor plot inconvenience?
by Jesse
Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I beat p5 on April 24th and have been decompressing and going over my thoughts about it. The major critiques I have with it are the dungeons specifically the bank vault, spaceport, pyramid, & mice maze rooms on the cruise ship were added I felt to pad the overall runtime. The mice mazes were infuriating cause they kept dragging on and on.

Also I felt like in p4g I had alot more days overall to do whatever I wish. Having to skip almost the entirety of January was a bummer to me.

I would give p5 a score of 4 out of 5 but Golden is still my favorite and it's not even close. I have beaten Golden probably 6 or so times and will more than likely come back to 5 in a year but having to redo those dungeons is something I'm already dreading.
by Jesse
Mon May 01, 2017 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue AM2 Podcast

ShenmueAM2 wrote: TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

A wonderful podcast by 2 great fans. I was wondering if you would take suggestions for topics or will eventually read questions on air?
by Jesse
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After Shenmue what did you envision games becoming?

I was wondering after you first played Shenmue back in 2000. What did you think games would become in the future?

I remember thinking when I was 12 that the majority of games would have a day/night/season cycles and they would feature all kinds of different real world locales and characters. What were some of yours?
by Jesse
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs in Shenmue?

I always assumed Nozomi was on something that kept her up all day and night cause 99% of the time she's minding the shop.
by Jesse
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3's overall reception

I have always expected the review score to be in the 70's range. With the possiblity of some giving a 8 but that's the highest I'll go. The lowest I believe some sites will give it is 6.
by Jesse
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

This is the first time where I feel like whoever signed off on showing this old footage was a bad business decision. It just doesn't seem like a smart move to me. The fighting and movements looked nice except specifically when ryo backhands that guy looks a tad off and a bit robotic to me for some reason.

The backgrounds look wonderful as per usual. Looking forward to the interviews today
by Jesse
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

This is the first time where I feel like whoever signed off on showing this old footage was a bad business decision. The fighting specifically when ryo backhands that guy looks a tad off and a bit robotic to me for some reason.

The backgrounds look wonderful as per usual. Looking forward to the interviews today.

When are they going to take place?

I saw on Twitter where I believe both Shenmue master and 500k have interviews lined up today if I'm not mistaken
by Jesse
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic