Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: The people on this forum...

Rakim wrote: You're still alive? I thought you were told to go choke on a feces covered dildo?

just kidding. welcome back.

Haha, thanks. I take it from your username you like Eric B. and Rakim? :mrgreen:
by Latin King
Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Perfect_Chaos wrote: Rakim THE FUCK is up with you and pics of under age asian girls? :|

Asian women are beautiful. The women in the gifs he posted are most likely not underage, Asian women just tend to age well ;-).
by Latin King
Wed May 22, 2013 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

Don't get your hopes up. Every E3 a lot of Shenmue fans go through this. It's best not to expect anything.
by Latin King
Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hip Hop

Producers
10) Q-Tip
9) Necro
8) Scott Storch
7) Pete Rock
6) The RZA
5) Large Professor
4) The Alchemist
3) Dr. Dre
2) L.E.S.
1) DJ Premier

Emcees
10) 50 Cent
9) AZ
8) Rakim
7) Big Punisher
6) The RZA
5) Eminem
4) Big L
3) Inspectah Deck
2) Royce Da 5'9"
1) Nas
I wanna do this list!

Producers:
1. DJ Premier- Quite simply, this man can make beats. The production on the Moment of Truth album is insane, and one of my favorite albums ever. He also produced my favorite track off Illmatic, Memory Lane. His production on Moment of Truth alone makes him my favorite producer.
2. Dr. Dre- A legend, especially for the west coast. His beats are so lush and both The Chronic and Chronic 2001 are classics, in my opinion. I also really like how he had live instrumentation on the The Chronic 2001 instead of just all samples.
3. Q-Tip- Love love love Tribe Called Quest. The beats are so smooth and well put together. He also produced some amazing tracks for Mobb Deep (Give Up The Goods, Temperature's Rising, Drink Away The Pain), my favorite rap duo.
4. DJ Quik- Another west coast legend. Not only a producer, but also a pretty solid rapper. He was at his prime during the G Funk era, probably my favorite era of hip hop. Also produced tracks for 2Pac, Snoop, AMG, Kurupt, Nate Dogg, Talib Kweli, and others.
5. Kanye West- The man's beats are so elaborate, of course he would have a spot on this list. Gold Digger, Testify, Heard Em Say, Drive Slow, Homecoming, Otis, Mercy are the main highlights for me.
6. Daz Dillinger- aka Dat Nigga Daz! Another G Funk era producer/rapper. Made some dope beats for Pac, Kurupt, Snoop, Ice Cube, and Tha Dogg Pound of course. His beats were hard hitting. My favorites include C Walk, What Would You Do, I Ain't Mad at Cha, and Ambitionz As A Ridah. He's also the guy in my signature, lol.
7. Nujabes- He did something very special in hip hop. Even though he never rapped, he produced some of the most mellow and upbeat jazzy hip hop tunes. A lot of underground guests appeared on his tracks, especially from CYNE. To this day, his beats are some of the most unique I've heard in hop hop.
8. Pete Rock- Another producer with fabulously jazzy beats. Also made some dope beats for Big L and Nas.
9. J. Dilla- Love his work with The Pharcyde, Common, and A Tribe Called Quest. He produced one the best hip hop songs I've ever heard, The Light by Common.
10. Tyler, The Creator- He's an up and coming producer. I really like the synths in his beats and he produced my favorite album of 2013, Wolf, completely by himself (with the exception of the final track). I like his unique approach to his beats.

MC's:
1. 2Pac- I know many people find him overrated, but I truly find him to the most inspirational rapper around. He didn't have all the fancy wordplay or the best beats, but his music sent a powerful message in not only the community of hip hop, but the community of music in general. Not only was his music inspirational, but he also had some killer G Funk and gangsta tracks (California Love, Hit Em Up, Can't C Me, To Live and Die in LA). 2Pac left behind a great legacy, and I believe he will always be remembered as one of the best musicians of his time. A true legend.
2. Eminem- Although most people associate with him his shock value, Eminem has a lot of interesting and unique wordplay. Yes, he fell off a few years back and his recent albums don't even come close to his older work, but Infinite, The Slim Shady LP, and Marshall Mathers LP are all top notch albums in my opinion. Great production, catchy flows, and comical and interesting rhymes.
3. Nas- A legend. Known for making what is considered widely to be the best hip hop album of all time, Illmatic. He brought the East Coast hip hop Scene back to life when the West Coast was taking over with gangsta rap. His flows, wordplay, rhymes, and production are all on point. Albums like It Was Written and Street's Disciples are also very good albums in their own right.
4. Big L- Although his career was short-lived, no one can deny that L was a MONSTER on the mic. The man could spit and had insane wordplay and punch lines. Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous and The Big Pictures are classics. Songs like the 7 Minute Freestyle with Jay Z and 8 Iz Enuff really showcased both his lyrical and technical abilities on the mic. A legend gone too soon.
5. Slug from Atmosphere- I feel he's one of the most underrated rappers around, seriously. Slug, in my opinion, is one of the most consistent and hard working MC's today. He's been making music since 1997 and still putting out good tracks even now. Overcast! is one of my favorite albums and has some great production. Sound is Vibration, Brief Description, Yesterday, You, The Ropes, The Number One, and Don't Forget are a few good examples of Slug's work.
6. Immortal Technique- Hands down one of my favorite underground rappers ever. His music is not for the faint of heart, and I love how raw he is. Tech sugarcoats nothing and says exactly how he feels. His first album is in my top 10 favorite hip hop albums. His flows are great and rhymes are top notch, in my opinion. I'm not big fan of his conspiracy theories but they provoke some interesting questions.
7. Andre 3000- I love OutKast, and Andre outshines Big Boi for the most part on the majority of their songs. No disrespect to Big Boi. Andre is incredibly consistent, and I can say he's one of the few rappers that I haven't heard a bad track from. I love all of OutKast's work. Andre is an excellent rapper who has made some of the most unique tracks in hip hop. My favorites include Roses, Hey Ya!, Wheelz of Steel, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, Crumblin' Herb, Prototype, Player's Ball, BOB, Ms. Jackson, So Fresh So Clean, and many others.
8. Kanye West- Kanye West is definitely one of the most prominent faces in hop hop today, and personally one of my favorites. Not only has he produced some great tracks, as I discussed in my favorite producers list, he's also an awesome MC. The College trilogy (College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation) is top notch music and Kanye has some great flows with some very personal topics thrown in. I also like how Kanye isn't afraid to take risks, like what he did with Yeezus. Although I'm personally not a fan of his personality or his insane ego, I recognize and respect his talent as a rapper and producer.
9. Snoop Dogg- Snoop is definitely not the most consistent rapper around, but he's personally one of my favorites. Doggystyle is a G Funk classic and he contributed a lot during that era of rap. His tracks were fun and had a good funky rhythm to them. Songs are like Ain't No Fun, Who Am I? (What's My Name?), Gin and Juice, Vato, Bitch Please, and Lay Low are some of my personal favorites.
10. Tech N9NE- Definitely one of the strangest and weirdest rappers around. I love most of his beats and Everready is an awesome album. I like his hard hitting, rock influenced beats. His flow is also crazy and he spits amazingly fast in some of his songs. He has also has nice variety of his tracks in his catalog. Tech N9NE is hated by many, but I personally love his music.

These lists are just my personal favorite rappers and producers, and I recognize that there are many important figures in Hip Hop that I did not include in my lists (Rakim, Wu Tang, Run DMC, Big Daddy Kane, Redman, Jurassic 5, The Roots, Ice Cube, Eazy E, NWA, Kool G Rap, Naughty by Nature, and many others). I recognize that those not included in my lists contributed a great deal to Hip Hop and are extremely influential in the genre. I also really enjoy modern rappers as well, Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, A$AP Rocky, and Joey Bada$$ are all great. I love and respect all Hip Hop, but my personal favorite is West Coast G Funk, having grown up in Los Angeles. Hip Hop as a whole is my favorite genre of music and I love talking about it. So if anyone is interested in a Hip Hop discussion, I'm totally down. :D
by Latin King
Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hip Hop

Gang Starr is awesome, Guru's rhymes and Preme's beats just come together perfectly. As for my favorite Gang Starr album, that's tough but I choose Moment of Truth. I just LOVE the production on that album, so many great beats on that album. And good to see you blastin' Pac man! I grew up on Pac, Snoop, NWA, Dre, Tha Dogg Pound, DJ Quik, all that G Funk/Gangsta hip hop. It was played all around me as a child (born and raised in LA). Anyways, All Eyez on Me is a classic. Gotta love Ambitionz As a Ridah, Can't C Me, Thug Passion, California Love, All About U, I Ain't Mad at Cha, 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted. Daz's production was on point for that album.
by Latin King
Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should I buy the Japanese or European version of Shenmue

You don't need a Japanese Dreamcast to play a Japanese version of Shenmue II, all you need is a boot disk.
by Latin King
Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Neogaf Community Thread Is HERE!!

Def a long process. You have to sign up and then wait for your account to be approved manually. It took me about 2 months. I have heard others being approved within a week though, so I'd say sign up.
Yeah, I signed up there almost two months ago and they still haven't "approved" my account. I don't know why they're so strict about letting people in, but whatever. I heard it's pretty easy to get banned there too. Also, the place seems full of weeaboos after reading through a few threads. :lol:
by Latin King
Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

I'll say this for you, even though you're a Xbot , your posts on the project forum are useful to my current Virtua Fighter project, so I'm glad I couldn't /add ignore you. Now I feel bad that my Henchmen cut off your junk. Apologies. At the end of the day, who cares what console Shenmue 3 gets released on as long as we finally get the game. I'd buy an Xbone for it if it was an Xbone exclusive, but Phil Spencer recently said he has no interest in funding Shenmue3 , so it's unlikely
Hey! You're the guy that told me to kill myself with a feces covered dildo back in 2006! Glad to see you're doing well.

Latin King, go kill yourself with a feces covered dildo. Choke on it.
From this topic . Lmao.
by Latin King
Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Whatever happened to Cornchipz?
by Latin King
Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game mechanics you want to see added/removed to Shenmue

I would like to see more meaningful side quests and side stories. Not having to obey a curfew, just staying out as late as I want and exploring. I know Ryo's outfit is iconic, but I would like to see some more clothing options in Shenmue III, doesn't have to be extensive, just a few new shirts and different options for pants. More in depth dialogue choices like Mass Effect. Like South Carmain said, make items in the inventory actually have use. I'd definitely like to see fast travel and time skipping again in S3. I know some may be opposed to this, but I would like to see the story get a little grittier. More intense fights, darker villains, harsher language, stuff like that. I also would finally like to see Ryo get romantic or intimate with a woman, not really a game feature or mechanic but it's something long overdue IMO.
by Latin King
Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How Do You Feel About Shenmue III Becoming More Spiritua

I have to admit that I loved the down-to-earth, realistic feel of the first two games. However, it's obvious from the end of II that the series is going in a "supernatural" direction. I have faith that Yu will handle this tastefully and will ease us into it so that it doesn't seem odd or too "out there".
by Latin King
Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall Asks Fans To Help Get Shenmue On Conan

I really love how Corey Marshall is so involved with the Shenmue community. It's great!
by Latin King
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic