Fri May 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8hp91ItrnU

Dev Room Progress Report Vol. 3
Posted by Ys Net (Creator)
Greetings Everyone,

In this month’s update we present to you our third development report!
Who’s this new face…? Please check it out!

Thank you for watching and we hope you enjoyed it!
We have also been receiving questions from our backers regarding our plans to participate in upcoming game shows. While our schedule has yet to be finalized, we will be devoting June to game development and as a result, will unfortunately not be participating in any game shows. On the other hand, we look forward to bringing you our monthly updates and hope you do too!
Thank you!
From the Shenmue III Team

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1895449
by Himuro
Sun May 28, 2017 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

I had a problem with it looking cartoony as well, but then I realized that there's no lighting or detail at all on the model. Also, characters like the yakuza boss and Goro also looked somewhat cartoony despite the realistic aesthetic.
by Himuro
Sun May 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

That blue text is making me blind. Make it stop, please.
by Himuro
Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Again, I'm fine with this model. But if they make it entirely like a stylized manga like Spaghetti is proposing...
by Himuro
Mon May 29, 2017 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

I'm not expecting to reach December 2017 now. But I hope we get to see some thing before then. Unfortunate, but I can deal.
by Himuro
Mon May 29, 2017 4:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Shenmue forum signature

Mine is the best.
by Himuro
Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would make you not play the game?

I'd have to be dead before I don't play this game.
by Himuro
Mon May 29, 2017 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lurking for now, but I have not seen a single piece of this thread have anything remotely worth moderating? Why is what ChiefNeo and Darksniper says considered to be hostile and not Dojo worthy but Peter is allowed to call pieces of the conversation bullshit? I thought we were supposed to be talking about this topic without emotion, but Peter is allowed to call it bullshit. Pardon me for asking, but I'm really confused on what the line is?
by Himuro
Tue May 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So then your rationale as a mod is to make the situation worse by calling posts in an already tense thread bullshit? Under your own rules you should get that 30 day ban. You have made the situation worse by threatening bans without justification when you're just as emotional as the people you threaten. If you're going to make threats and ultimatums state the base line. If you're going to moderate then don't call posts bullshit without stating what you find to be bullshit. You talk about how people aren't comprehending people's posts, but you are doing an awful job explaining your posts, making them easy to be misinterpreted. As a staff member you can and should do better.
by Himuro
Tue May 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guilin is the best part of any game to me

Himuro,
it's surprising, yet inspiring, to see your love for Guilin. Here are the main reasons you said you love it:

It's so beautiful in its contrast to the rest of the series with its sights AND sounds. The fateful meeting, the ambient music, the conversations, the easy-going tone of it, the mystery of the stone cave.

Urban vs rural; the physical vs mystical; patience vs impatience.

The music is probably the most staying part for me.
The hawk scene still gives me chills when I see it.

Pretty much every mystery in the series is grounded in Guilin.

Which of those reasons (or another) is the cherry-on-top of your love of Guilin?
Did you love Guilin that much 10 years ago?
Have you visited Guilin IRL?

I think the urban vs rural and material vs immaterial is my favorite. It really changed my perspective on how I viewed things, such as rural life which I considered inferior to my suburban living when I played it. It literally changed my world view and made me hope for something more in nature and in this world. I remember one part where they're talking about cows and how in Japan, they eat cows. I thought that was natural because I was American and hey, we eat burgers. But Shenhua talked about how they couldn't eat cows because otherwise they'd have nothing to fertilize or help till their land. It truly showed the disparity between lifestyles Ryo (me as a stand in) had in contrast to Shenhua. And while it seems obvious, it really opened the mind of a naive 20 year old city kid's mind to a different way of living. I learned that there's some things that the city doesn't and can't offer. It has inspired me to want to go camping out in nature and just look at the stars some time. I've been planning on doing that once a year, actually.

Yes I have felt the same exact way about Guilin since I first played it in 2006.

I have not visited Guilin but it is one of my goals to do so someday.

Why is it surprising I love Guilin so much? Almost all of my Shenmue related avatars are Shenhua doing something rural in Guilin and it's deliberate - I am in love with the area so much and I cannot wait to explore it in III.
by Himuro
Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic