Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

What is this Ni No Kuni everyone's waiting? Yes I know it somekind of JPRG but what is so amazing about it? Havent played rpgs for a years or at least good one so how is this different to let say FFXIII which I didnt like.

It's causing kind of a stir because it's sort of a throwback to how JRPG's were when most people first fell in love with them. Seems like a generally simple battle system, a wide-open world map, an innocent, endearing story and art style... just a whole lot of lovability to it.
Most JRPG's that have come about in the past several years have been trying -- almost desperately you might say -- to make grand changes and alterations to the established JRPG format. In some cases it works out into something truly original and great (Resonance of Fate), while other cases seem to have a much rockier time finding their footing (Final Fantasy XIII). But in just about all of these cases, whether good or bad, it can be said that they're all pretty far-removed from how JRPG's were "back in the day."
Ni No Kuni seems like it's presenting a style much closer to that golden age of JRPG's that so many people were once fond of. And, as games are now, that makes it stand out from the crowd. So people are jumping onboard with a lot of enthusiasm.
Oh, and its animation and designs are done by Studio Ghibli. That's not really the main selling point for me personally, but I'm sure that's part of the reason for all the clamor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd0q8w1yj_s

Awesome avatar by the way.
by OL
Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Deta wrote: Image

Yama wrote:

Love that sleeve. Despite CVC being the better title to own, that alone makes it a must have.

Yes indeed.
by Bambi
Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love that sleeve. Despite CVC being the better title to own, that alone makes it a must have.
by Yama
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got a hold of the Get Bass Fishing Controller Box that was the last missing piece in my DC collection.
So I just use the opportunity here to show off my now complete Dreamcast PAL collection. 8)

by BlueMue
Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

YSnet aren't going to say where the money is from, so this is cyclical and pointless if you're not satisfied by valid suggestions made by other posters.
I'm also surprised that nobody has mentioned the recent job listing updates in this thread.

For those who either don't recall or haven't seen it in another thread, (I don't remember which thread at this point) they removed 'urgent' from multiple job listings at some point within the last 2 weeks. Those listings are still up, but no longer urgent. It's likely that they weren't even spending money as a fast as they wanted to because they couldn't hire as many people as they wanted to. The delay gives their existing team more time to finish, and the money they would have spent on additional staff is just shifted towards paying the existing staff for longer.

As others have said, they wouldn't have delayed for that long if they didn't have the budget for it. Although they might be hoping for some additional slacker-backer funds after the first two are re-released.
by Sappharad
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be honest, in hindsight, the original Dec. release date seems all the more puzzling now.

I suspect that Suzuki & co originally low-balled the backer minimum ($2M), almost expecting to make an interactive movie of sorts. The backing then quickly took a legendary turn, with the team now tasked to meet an almost impossible release date. At this point…when do you announce a delay? Certainly not towards the beginning, as the “press” would have jumped all over it.
(I can see the “Shenmue Trouble: Suzuki asks for patience (and money)” headline already.)

All in all, I’d say the timing here was as close to “perfect” as possible.

Then again, perhaps they really did try to meet this impossible release date for the longest time (sleeping at the office/ etc/ etc), before finally giving in to reason and planning ahead accordingly. Who knows.

One thing is for sure: this entire KS has been nothing short of a fascinating experiment.
Whatever happens, it’s been one hell of an exciting ride. For everyone.

…Only thing missing now is that fabled HD remaster announcement ;)
by punkmanced
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YSnet aren't going to say where the money is from, so this is cyclical and pointless if you're not satisfied by valid suggestions made by other posters.

I know YSnet wont tell where the money is from. It was more of a rhetorical question. Brain storming.

What are the valid suggestions exactly? All I see is ppl belittling this one dude because he was concerned about the financial side.
I know its pointless. I didnt start it, I just made my statement but someone just had to come and start spewing nonsense and claiming they know what is truth and what is not.
YS never planned on releasing in 2017. It was either an overly optimistic estimate they used to help generate funds on Kickstarter, or the true estimate if only $2,000,000 was raised. I'm positive that from the start of development that 2018 was their true target, and all budgeting has been planned as such. There is no need to worry about a delay at this point because it does nothing to reflect on the current state of development.
by mrandyk
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Immersion": Yu Suzuki's Keyword for 2018

shmoozip wrote: There is no immersion if it is a puzzle fighter. I really regret buying this game last 2 weeks. No fighting in shenmue is not shenmue at all. And qte or puzzle does not count for me

I love the idea of having to solve a jigsaw in order to defeat Lan Di.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Immersion": Yu Suzuki's Keyword for 2018

Or a sweet combination of falling beans in Lan Di's Mean Bean Machine.
by Mystere
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic