Search found 337 matches

Return

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

I find the dampness in the air makes a large difference to how cold it "feels". It was minus six today when I left the house at about 7.35am, but the frost wasn't too thick, and it felt actually ok standing out in it before I got in the car. Get to work, minus three (all day it never got above that either! :shock: ) but thick frost everywhere and quite damp air, it felt cold as fuck and horrible. It's not just a one off either, I've noticed it a lot. When the wind gets behind that it really bites...

Did I just type an essay talking about the weather in the lol topic? So yeah. Weather in Scotland, it's why we all drink 24/7, we all piss ourselves (which is why we all wear kilts) laughing and talking about the weather. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Mel Gibson. Plays a Scot in Braveheart, then what happens? He turns into a racist alcoholic who beats his wife. ;-)

Who originally said that?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Ryudo wrote:
Bambi wrote: Garage converted into apartment

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBYS3ZsC-cY[/youtube]

I see your garage to apartment and raise you Apartment converted to garage

Did a genuine LOL at that pic with that caption, nice one! :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

Not sure I've been here quite as long, I wasn't around RIGHT at the start, though I was on the forums before these. :D

EDIT: Fuck me, May 2003 on this one alone, so yeah, over ten years! :shock:

I used to make stupid jokes way back in the day of when 2 years was a "vet", about how I'd been there "over a decade, and never seen anything like this", etc. Now, I actually fucking can say that, if anyone were to set the bar...

That "these are the good old days" sig was very true as well, always liked that. :)

Though TBH, there is a damned great set of members posting here regularly again now. 8)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

f I was rich and famous and ran across some sexual deviant female that did something like that I would probably make her dream come true.

That's 'cos we're guys so of course we'd (most of us) take advantage of such a situation and it'd be cool. Women get called names if they do the same. ;-) Though to be honest, a pic with "that" on it is straight into the sick-zone in my view...

Who is she anyway?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

She's a Gamma at best, not even a Beta. Alphas don't exist... maybe one or two in the entire world every generation (if extremely karmic), but usually none. I don't know of any at this time. Look around you. Just beneath the multitude of facial paints is a menagerie. They're all loathsome.

Sucks to be you, I guess... :???:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was stunned when they gave me £20 for XCom, TBH.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well you will if you want their service. :lol:.

Absolutely this. When I'm out getting drunk, I always tip so I'll get seen quick-ish by the staff next time I'm up there. Same as when I drove a taxi. The tight-fisted customers (mostly) got absolutely no help from me helping them with their shopping etc...

Also, WTF is the deal with tips going into a big jar in some places? Surely it's a personal thing tipping someone? If some youngster who's working evenings/weekends etc. serves me my food well enough, I'd like them to have the money, not for it to be divided between all parties? And thus making each individual strive to be better if they want more money going to them. If they've been REALLY good (and if I've also been drinking), I strongly hint at them to put it straight into their own pocket and bypass "the jar", but then I am a bit of a cunt like that sometimes.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KiBa wrote: :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B3oC6yWY0A[/youtube]

That entire episode is a riot of laughs!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Possibly Interesting Debate On Economics and Morals

If corporations were people, they'd be psychopaths who also happen to be some of the biggest cunts you've ever met.

EFA. And I agreed with your less-rude version anyway. ;-)

It IS bizarre, and I'm not sure what to think TBH. The bit that got me was where he posed the "What value do you put on a human life? If it actually cost $200m, would you think the same?" question. To me, who knows "how the world just is" and capitalism etc., and accepts it and gets on with things, a situation where someone dies because of trying to save money fixing a serious design fault is unacceptable. Or so I thought, until you added so much other stuff on (about other employees, the needs of the many vs the few who will die in a fireball, etc.). Interesting one.

For this specific case though, $13 isn't that much, how much was a Ford Pinto in 1977 (when this design flaw was present)? About $2k? They shoulda either added the cost on to the purchase price if they wanted to keep their margin, or taken the hit, since they were making a lot more profit than $13 when the car was sold anyway. It wouldn't hurt the workers' pockets much either. And let's not forget what a greedy bunch of preening cunts the UAW union has become (though it was General Motors who suffered most for that in the current times). In an ideal world, if the design fault was gonna cost thousands to fix, they'd be better off scrapping the whole design and starting again, which would then run into millions, and probably cause job losses, but to me, letting people die to save a few $$ is not on.

I think we basically ALL agree with that, but some corps obviously don't and live and die by "the numbers"...

I have absolutely no idea how one would go about determining the value of a human life either.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think a bit too much was read into my rolley-eye-ended comment...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Outdated daily things we take for granted

that's how Boxers are supposed to look. I truly hate all this dog matic idiocy.

Ha!

OMG TEH DUBEL POST
Better post some on-topic stuff.

This laptop is now pretty outdated, but still works and is fast enough for what I do with it, so have no real desire to get a new one yet.
This is a totally PISH example, 'cos anything that can connect to the web and browse in a modern fashion isn't really truly "outdated".

I do still like books and magazines in paper hardcopy format, even though that transition to tablet/Kindle seems to be well underway. The concept of chopping trees down/burning a comparatively large amount of energy to make the paper and then print and bind it for something I may only ever pick up a handful of times is a bit un-eco in this day and age (IMO), but, I don't care, I like them how they are (plus not everyone has access to the internets).

The house of my mum and dad's (and also both the sheds/outbuildings, parts of which used to be really old houses also) is hundreds of years old and interior design-wise is pretty rubbish and outdated, and it costs a lot to heat, too, but I'm glad they live there, 'cos it is built in an intelligent place (it'd be nearly impossible, barring some horrific biblical type of rain storm, for it to ever flood there) and all the buildings are built and roofed in quite heavy handed old fashioned way, which cost them a lot to extend/renovate, but it results in unbelievable strength (not even the 80+ mph winds can do much to it) and a sturdy feel inside. Makes the place I stay look truly shit and flimsy.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please welcome our newest moderator...

Excellent choice for a moderator. :tup:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wii U Us PS5 We are broke and Xbox Xtreeeeeeeme 1 mirrion troooops. Will require run off your blood. Has a simple needle on the top that jabs into your arm. Give it 2 pints and be able to play for a full 20 minutes!

If they made them backwards compatible by way of having an on-board time machine, it'd be kinda cool...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TBH I think I got the whole grammar Nazi thing from him, after I felt his wrath for a few mistakes a few times. Was most embarrassing since English wasn't even his first language. :lol:

And I remember that. He was quite smug and shouty about Portugal beating England in the 2006 (IIRC) World Cup (and it was a dodgy decision that cost England it as well), so of course when another team knocked Portugal out, payback was quick. :D he didn't like it and accused a lot of us of being "bad losers". :lol: I think a lot of people on MSN changed their names to the final score, also. :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Want to know something sad. I used to be great at spelling and grammar. Then the internet happened and I never recovered.

I was the opposite. Used to be really quite shit, but paid attention to the internet, and got decent. Now I seem to have got lazy and I am becoming bad again, unless I watch myself.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree with Riku, but yes, the Edge factor is a worry.

I don't even like the fact that Steam insists it has to be opened for me to play the games I downloaded with it. I set it to "Offline mode" and de-activated the "Load Steam when you switch your PC on" setting, toom pretty much as soon as I downloaded it. I've no idea why these things bother me (well, a bit of it is that this laptop needs no help in running slower), but they damned well do, if I pay money for shit, I want to be in control of how I use it, not be told "I must be online 24/7" or whatever. Gonna be keeping an eye on this, and if it is all true, then I'll probably be more or less done with gaming in a few years from now...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Finally got done with Oblivion so moved onto Far Cry 3 a few days ago.

It's quite over-rated, isn't it? Not "shit", in my opinion anyway, but not exactly anything special either. :???:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok..just gibberish of random letters. Whatever

An internet fad that you've apparently missed, and one that I also didn't even know existed until fairly recently myself. We both spend a lot of time online, but the 'net's more than big enough and old enough to have shit that's passed us by for whatever reason. ;-)

Anyway;
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ermahgerd

TL;DR - Say it in the same sort of way that they sound on South Park during the "dey turk our jerbs" bit
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kid suspended for throwing grenade made of air

Ryudo wrote:I used to use it...but I ended up having like 3 people still visible

:lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You think they'd make him dress a bit better than "wanksta douche"...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

I don't know that much about her, apart from thinking her 212 song was pretty good, then being quite shocked at how sweary the real one was when I went and searched Youtube for it. Nice teeth!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got Banned From Riding The Bus Today

Yep, AG you really do whinge like a little cunt sometimes.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Meteor Crashes in russia. Thousands of undies turn brown

The good parts are good, but these things, I just don't know if you're joking or not. Though I'm probably being quite hypocritical at the same time TBH...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't do poker, and Far Cry 3 is forcing me to play it for a mission. I fucking hate it when games do shit like this. :mad:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Good time to bump this, I'm going to start this game tonight. :)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sonikku wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Put a SEGA sticker on my Asus

Read that as "Put a Sega Sticker on my Ass". :lol: For a moment it sounded half way plausible.

Ditto, (but "Anus" in place of "Asus"), and also on the second part, in exactly the same order. :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Not got right into it yet (still getting "TUTORIAL: Push <¬|" screens), but d00d, I really gotta get better at the stealth bit. I *SUCK* at it, and have just ended up gunning every fucker down so far. Still to get used to the bit-different-from-COD-template controls, but I do quite like how it plays, the already-apparent gritty megacorp-espionage feel (which has hints of the original decade-old original Deus Ex's sort of atmosphere, one of my favourite games ever), and the fact Jensen seems like a bit of a douche. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

^Actual LOL! :lol:

Happy birthday dude, from another topic sounds like things are coming together for ya, nice way to start a new age! ;-)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bug Reports

^that is one of my favourite FF battle ending versions. :D

Also, not only has the bug been fixed, but this place flies really fucking quickly now when posting/thanking etc..
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^I take it you know that "we" put Saddam into power as well?

Work is really pissing me off, I gave serious thoughts to just walking out today. They're gonna pick on me early on tomorrow, too. If I still feel so annoyed about it, then the things I'll say could well end up getting me sacked. Probably for the best. I used to be a nice, easy going (but quite opinionated about things, still) sort of person, so if the place has changed me so much (I'm a total dick quite a lot more often now), then I am better off outta there. Finding another one is hard though, and the grass isn't always greener either...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I mostly avoid the news, yet still can't help but hear about Justin Bieber every so often. Just sick to fucking death of the little cunt.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQrO2UFNEo[/youtube]
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^I for one am glad you repost them here, 'cos I think they're quite interesting as well. :)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is It Just Me Or Is It Dead Here Now?

Peeps tried rippin me when I came coz I couldn't be arsed typing in perfect grammar. Spaz was the only one who actually read what I posted n stuck up for me, sayin that I were actually makin good points. I'll always love him coz of that. And coz, well, y'know, it's Spaz.

Back when that guy called Twist thought he was the forum bully. 8)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Went fishing for the first time since I was little.Had a great time! :D

For some reason I read that as "Went fisting for the first time...". :cry: :oops:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that made you melancholic today

So with that said, let the woe begin! I'll start us off: I find the fact that :( is not the correct input for :sad: on this forum, to be distressing. Also, the squirrel in the other thread :(

I waited so damned long for someone else to mention that...

EDIT: On topic. The fact that I live in Scotland and even I'm starting to be annoyed with the constant shit and cold weather here for the past few weeks. Seriously, it's nearly April, and I wish it would warm a bit. Not even proper warm, just anything above 3 centigrade. Though I guess the whole country is in that boat to some extent.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Automotive Discussion

LOOKS like it should be fast, but it's going at less than walking speed over the speed bumps
Because a bone stock F40 isn't fast, or it should be able to fly over speed bumps? This statement infers one of these must be true when in fact neither are. If you see where I'm going with this, ride height has nothing to do with whether a car is or isn't fast. Most high performance vehicles crawl over speed bumps or avoid them all together, not because they lack any sort of formidable performance, but because they are out of element and not intended for such trash roads. At the end of the day it's still a vehicle and to arrive at a destination with preferable terrain, you'll sometimes need to go through unfavorable conditions. Perhaps next time you're behind one of these cars, given it isn't some cut springs shit grocery getter, you'll think of it this way. If it is the former however, you're absolutely correct.

This is answered in the post before yours. I think WAY too much was made of my "fast" comment. ;-)
That said, it is annoying and borderline unacceptable no matter WHAT car is driving too slow over the bumps. I can personally attest that the R33 GTR driver I mentioned before certainly did not like it when his "fast" car that he was driving slowly over bumps got overtaken by French cars. [-X :lol: His own fault for pansy-ing it about though.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TEEPO™'s REPLY TO SONIKKU'S POST

"I remember when Bambi was reinstated as administrator, and you feared for the loss of your moderator privileges. So because you were afraid you would lose your power, you made a conscious decision to abuse them, going so far as to delete an entire forum worth of threads."

But there's more to that story than people know. A well respected veteran member of this forum, who was secretly pissed off with Hellraiser for making Bambi an admin again, went on his own rampage in protest and I took the blame for it. I'm sure some of you can figure out who it was if you can remember back then.

Yes folks, I saw this happen too.

And if you want to talk about abuse of mod powers then look to your own friends, like Ryudo:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21473&p=508847#p508847

In this topic he admits:

".....I am a recovering Bannaholic.
I got in a cynical mood for many weeks and became very harsh."

Why is he forgiven and I'm not? Everything I'VE done that's considered negative was just misunderstood actions. Here he admits to not having any logical reason. He was just bored so he abused his mod priviledges. No one here hates him for it though. It's double standards in its most obvious form.

Yep, have to say, the years Ryudo was able to beat this place unchallenged did far more damage than a bunch of trolling did. People actually left 'cos of that kinda thing.

Only other thing I gotta say is what Sailors? said, racist stuff, just can't post that here these days...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39hvoMbdklQ[/youtube]

Old school goodness. Tune is named (and placed in-game) perfectly. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Never seen anything like this before. North Korea exposes the west. Just after 5:30 made me laugh when it starts talking about teenagers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fctwvXPRRLo

Scary how spot-on they were, isn't it? :shock:

Also, a great example of a post that deserved its own entire topic.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOsZf8Nq_d0

There seems to be something about these old MIDI tunes that I like. Nostalgia for the PS1 probably plays a part (and IMO there was a "magical" quality to some of the 8/16 bit soundtracks too), but I think a part of it is how basic the composition sounds, able to spot exactly when a layer or whatever is added. I like progressive tunes for that reason, hearing the tune come together in nice easy basic steps...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Great to finally have a war where nobody will be able to start religion-based arguments! :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic