Search found 337 matches

Return

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Not bad man, not bad. :D You? Still planning on moving to Australia?

Like Shozo said a few posts back, I'd self-exiled myself, 'cos of...well, for the same reason/s as a lot of the other elders who have come back recently. I got a nice PM from Henry, so checked this place out, and the contrast and progressive, upbeat feel of here, now, compared to how it was when I left, was nice, and a bit tinged with nostalgia. Think I'll post fairly regularly. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Spent a lot of time thinking about the pros and cons of going for a shit at work today, for some reason. :???:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

Feeling rather frustrated at my employers. I'm being asked to travel more lately you see, my most recent venture being my longest commitment yet, with 4 weeks in Luxembourg. Very nice, I hear you say, except the way our expense system works is rather crap. There is no company credit card, so I've been asked to pay for travel/hotel/meals out of my own money, under the promise that the money will be paid back promptly after submitting expense reports. Which I have done each week. Not one of them has been paid back yet. And without going into too much detail, each claim was close to or slightly above the £1k mark, so hell yeh I'm pissed off. Even more considering I haven't heard a word back from those in charge after sending an email to them asking them what's up. I will be telling them I'm not going to travel for them again unless they pay me back first. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling, and I don't think I'm being unreasonable in taking that stance with them.

Rant over.

It's not great to think that "money is everything" (apparently), but either way, that is a pretty terrifying situation you got there! :shock: Hope it gets sorted!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Peter wrote:a huge weight has been lifted off the site now

Ha.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

This homeless guy begging for change. He didn't even have any legs!!

On that topic, I was at a friend's place the other night. He has a GF who is fit, but thick as fuck, and she was talking about how she was disappointed that the paralympics didn't have a high-dive event where they launched themselves from the tall platform in their wheelchairs, running them off the edge. :lol: It was pretty horrible, but I laughed heartily!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

I was scared when I saw who posted this topic (though when I saw part of the title way back on the main forum screen, I guessed the rest anyway! ;-)) that I'd be first. Now I've posted first, I've asked for it. Like sitting front row at a Frankie Boyle or Jimmy Carr gig, then getting up for a piss...

Hmm, I thought OL looked like Mickey Rourke, I even read quite a lot of his posts in a heavily Rourke-ish accent, like how he spoke in Spun . Since he hasn't posted a pic though, I may be spot on. ;-)

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab184/spunscreencapgallery/thecook/vlcsnap-11626309.png
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Fuck me the latest Skyrim download is bugged.

Oh, and shut up, Dorian.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't fucking stand VF5:FS players who use Wolf or Jeffrey to use that cheap ass throw for an easy ring out. It pisses me right the fuck off. And when a player wins a round because of it, and I get demoted as a result? Well that's just the worst. I'm not an angry person by any means, but players like that deserve some hate messages for that. So fucking annoyed.

[wayback]Did you almost punch a pillow in frustration? ;-) [/wayback]
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aggravating gaming moments

Jesus. :shock:

Think it's a good job I never had that disk! :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aggravating gaming moments

I managed to fuck up my save for Just Cause 2. It was partially my fault, so I wasn't quite as pissed off about it as I usually would be, but the game still made it WAY too easy for that to happen. It is a HUGE game too, so to go from a high percentage to a low one is actually a lot of hours pissed up the wall.

I've saved games in stupid places countless times (i.e. in the sort of situations similar to what Riku posted up there). I've also saved them in what I thought were OK places though, only for my characters to "move" when the games load, sending me off an edge, into water, stuck in the wall, etc., which was incredibly annoying.

Various Soul Calibur games, but especially the DC one, had me proper spazzing out. Especially any of those challenges you had to do, where Voldo was the opposition. Intense hatred for that gimp.

I once snapped a Need for Speed 2 PS1 disk. I can't remember if I frisbee'd it against the wall, or if I just bent it until it cracked, either way I did end up touching it though, and I definitely remember the cut it gave me, so ultimately the game still "won" even though it wasn't in the Playstation. :lol:

I broke my first Xbox by throwing a controller at it when, in first place, I spun on one of the last corners of the very last (hardest) race of the free Sega GT game I got with the Xbox (which came with JSRF on the same disk. Interestingly, even though I found some of JSRF pretty hard, I never got angry with it) for absolutely no apparent reason, other than the red-mist tinted impression that the game was just cheating and fucking with me 'cos I was in first place in the hard stages of the game . I launched the controller at the console, which must have jarred the HDD, 'cos it was that that got replaced (luckily under warranty). It meant though that I had to play through everything again, 'cos all my saves were on the fucked HDD. Funnily enough, the game tried the exact same trick (first place, last lap, "last" race, same corner, same weirdly easy to start but impossible to catch oversteer) though I managed not to throw the controller the second time.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Franchises that need a small hiatus **READ FIRST**

KiBa wrote: Civilization.

Could that guy that's been playing the same game of Civ2 for the past more-than-a-decade count in this? ;-)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Speedtest

Sailors? wrote: Image

Holy fuck.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Speedtest

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2188805673.png

Just got the internet installed here.

Christ! :shock:

I miss the days when I used to live in a cable area. I only got 10mb back then (and 'cos it was cable, it was usually pretty close to that) and it was still a lot faster than what I have now, literally miles away from from an exchange! :lol:

Also surprised that 9% of the country is even faster. I wonder what that percentage is based on, just home/domestic users, or ALL connections (in which case, if it's only leased line T1s etc that are in the 9% that are faster, then it suddenly gets a lot more impressive!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cool. I know next to nothing about the more "obscure" (to me) systems, so will be quite interested in seeing what your impressions are of it...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Birty wrote: I have 2 weeks off work starting from today and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to do with myself. ](*,)

Drink?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Scheman, NOW I remember who you are! :D

Happy Birthday. :)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's always going to be some company offering products we want. It's no use fretting about all of this.

Also totally agree with that. Kinda surprised that you said that as well. ;-)

Acompany like Apple must have huge overheads, but with a quite obsessed userbase buying the "new" "updated" etc. products in the millions, worldwide, at their high prices, I can't see how they can be losing? Surely the hardware can't cost THAT much to develop, since it's pretty unremarkable really, it just looks nice and (mostly) is simple, smooth and nice to use?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your personal saddest moments in Gaming *SPOILERS*

Post it...oh and no Aeris isn't really that sad...it was funny.

Wrong. Must you resort to attention-seeking in every topic!?

Anyway, that moment above, plus the one where Nanaki finds the truth about his dad are about the only proper "sad" moments I remember, though I will probably remember some more if I read them here...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you a guest or new to this forum?

Has anyone said they're all KiBa's alternate accounts yet?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you a guest or new to this forum?

Multitasking like that whilst arguing at the same time (as KiBa sometimes does)? I may believe it's a "she" again, then.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My gaming thought of the day: I don't want Skies of Arcadia HD... I want a remake of Skies of Arcadia! This game deserves so much more!

What extra stuff would you put in it?
More backstory, (far) deeper battle system, bigger base expansion possibilities coming along with bigger maps and more NPCs. Basically, do the game again, but on a far bigger scale.

That would be good. I imagine the Dark Rift could be made pretty special these days, as long as it was done right anyway...

IIRC, one of the few things the DC version of the game got quite a slating for was the frequency of the random encounters, but I never really found them to be that much/any worse than other games I played around that time that also had random battles.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FAGGOT

I don't see it as one really, think it's the same with most of us here.

Don't use the word that often meself these days, seems to be almost as bad as using the N-word now, even though in Scotland we all swear like cunts most of the time.
You used to be fond of the word "paki"

Aren't we all?
:D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that was a waste of time! :lol: Yeah dunno about the sports guys, knew it was a popular term, but didn't know it was a "bad" one..
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix Facebook Nintendo TVii Blu ray?

Games.

The Blu-ray PS3 made sense a few years back when stand alone players cost a fortune, so getting a great console that also plays Blu-ray disks did make sense back then. I'm generally not a fan of playing films on consoles though, to me, having the drive mechanism spinning constantly for that amount of time can't be good for it. I've no idea if it actually is any worse than playing games on it (which I sometimes do for a lot longer than a film lasts), I still don't like doing it though. Plus, even the crappiest £30 stand alone DVD player is more suited to the task than the 360 is anyway, especially since the remote control for it won't switch itself off and need switching back on when you want to pause or whatever. ;-)

The apps you get on XBL are a nice touch though, I don't use them, but I do like that it has that stuff.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KiBa wrote: :cry: Thank you.

Faggot.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally Ryudo hasn't bothered me at all recently, and I looked on with envy at that haul of goodies he recently got...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KiBa wrote: Isn't it funny how Final Fantasy regards bronze weapons as inferior to iron weapons, when in fact bronze is far superior to iron?

Silver and gold always struck me as pretty bad metals for making weapons and tools out of as well TBH. Too soft!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Belmfest

It is also suspected to cause cancer. So not only do you drink less calories, you'll lose LOADS of weight when you have to go for chemotherapy.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

^kitting your place out very nicely recently. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

Bluecast wrote: I'm done now. No more buying.

Was totally not having a go, I am fairly materialistic and like seeing nice things. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazes me that we have so much that goes online anymore. Just the mid to late 90's when I was at school and HUGE CRT monitors ball mice and Windows 3.1 to Windows 95. Then I discovered the internet. You needed these monsters to use it and even then while cool at the time the internet as we know was in it's infancy. Websites looked like shit. Now I can browse on my Vita my 3DS my tablet or my TV with PS3. It was a total mind blow in 1999 when Dreamcast did it. The the tech allowed it DC would no doubt have DLC demos and video. You could browse the web on a console in 1999. Now we take it for granted.I never stop to be amazed how far we come. From Atari to PS3. From Game Boy to PS Vita. Remember when Game Gear was the most impressive handheld? I do. Well now we play online with them watch videos on them play parts of games not even released yet. Many take this for granted but me my mind still keeps being blown.

Agree with this. I work around a lot of current technology, not phones though, so when smartphones started appearing with the fast mobile data, able to go onto Youtube, Facebook, Google etc. anywhere, my mind was quite blown. It took me a long time to convert to smartphone usage myself, but "convert" is the key word, a smartphone is a seriously useful tool to have. Most of them even have GPS now!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pete got mad with me when I said he doesn't seem to actually enjoy video games per se, but seeing as he's selling his gaming collection outside of Shenmue, I can't help the feeling that I wasn't so far off.

It's something that I'm noticing more and more of late - people enjoy looking at and/or listening to video games, but they don't enjoy them veritably, as video games per se.

I've sorta done the opposite in the past year or so, Skyrim got me back into OCD-ish "do everything" gaming, I think I've put about 450+ hours into that game in total.

The gaming forum here is so active, there's usually talk about both current/new releases and about older games that some of the gaming "elitists" here like to mention a lot. I don't post in this forum very often, but I do like to read it and pay attention to stuff that'd usually be under my radar (for instance, quite a few people have spoke about Nier, which looks like it could be something I'd go for).
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo wrote: Since apple loves to overprice things I wonder how they can compete since so many great sub 250$ 7 inch tablets esp Samsung

Hipster/fanboy tax.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must be difficult for him to eat, since he has to, but like, EVERYONE else does it too!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7CpS0gtlk

I used to be the Tom Cruise of the Dojo.

By the way, I highly encourage everyone to watch the video on this page...

http://www.scientology.org/l-ron-hubbard.html?video=lrh_bio

Interesting post! Tom Cruise kinda freaked me out in that interview. Do you think he was trolling by going into acting mode and trying to be crazy/intimidating to keep rebuffing with stuff that wasn't the answer Matt wanted?

That Scientology site is incredibly well designed, too. Usually flash/sound on a website makes me sigh, let alone ten minutes worth, yet I scrolled back up and watched it all. Editing and presentation of the video is superb also, that nice smooth easy to listen to voice, even though you know he must have failed at something a few times and they left it out there, it still fucking convinced me he was talented and of brilliant intellect (seriously, psychology degree, doing a little side project into nuclear physics, a new and other-worldly thing at that time?) and seemed to have a Midas touch and was great at anything he turned his hand to. And even if that was all wrong, he still lived a pretty fucking incredible and action-packed life.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Spokane wrote: KiBa needs a translator to do his posts.

Read the Wiki link at the end, it makes that post make a lot more sense. ;-)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Isn't it? I was blown away too! Did you notice the incredibly slick large button controls in their embedded videos? They actually scaled to the size of your screen, faded perfectly and never "got stuck," so you could easily navigate by touch, which hardware they can clearly afford! Indeed it was smoother than any streaming video I have ever come across. Flawless fullscreen transition... Unbelievable, really. Google ought to hire the Church of Scientology to reboot YouTube.

The video on the same site of the Scientology flagship (yes, they have an actual flagship at sea - full of Fallout 4 potential, if you ask me), the Freewind, was equally impressive. The ship I mean. It's stunning. It's like the Enterprise.

http://www.scientology.org/david-miscavige/churchopenings/the-sea-organization-motor-vessel-freewinds-scientology-religious-retreat-undergoes-refit.html?video=freewinds_tour

Only watched it small screen before, so going by your recommendation, I tried it full screen, and, yep :shock: , very impressive! On this shit connection, even Youtube takes longer, let alone news sites etc. with an embedded autostream vid!

Loved that ship too! Noticed a lot of symmetry and extremely straight lines, looks like someone with quite an OCD mind for tidiness designed and engineered it. That "Theory Course Room", with the boxy desks and headphones made me :shock: though, it wouldn't have looked out of place in a '70s or '80s James Bond movie, like what the bad guys would use to hypnotize or brainwash or draw psychic power from the people at the desks
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

QWERTY™ wrote: Fucking hell Bioshock takes an age to install on PS3!

Simply not possible. Dorian said that anything taking more than about ten minutes was all imagined.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGYm8voV0c[/youtube]
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scenes in movies & TV shows that make you cry.

The I Am Legend dog scene got me pretty bad...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is technology our Umbilical cord? To wired for our own g

I grew to like that show at times. It can be enjoyable. One thing that takes me out of it is the one guy I can never see past the fact he was on Roseanne as david.

Roseanne , Christ, that takes me back! Didn't actually know that he was on that, but a quick pull on my technological umbilical cord had me racing through Google and Wiki, to see that even though he looks too obviously "old" to be a student in Big Bang, he did look quite similar back in his Roseanne days. ! ;-)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic