Search found more than 1150 matches

Return

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

I'm sure these guys will be good and take their mod powers seriously but use them in moderation at the same time.

Bad pun?

What in tarnation are you talking about?
BANNED!

Thanks for putting me back in the saddle, Yama. Happy to be aboard. I'll do my best. As I'm sure Pete will (and always has been), he's a class act and to be honest, I didn't know who the other mods would end up being until just now. So yeah, the team looks really good and I'm damn sure we'll all get along just fine, no worries folks. This is the best and only internet forum that I frequent and there's a reason for that, the community (yes, Shenmue too, of course!), all the personalities make this place a real neat place to be. I think that together we can make this place thrive again. There's a reason some of us have been on here for ten years (some even longer) surely? We all know why, we like this place so much.

And if anybody wants to chat about any issues about these forums, we're here to listen, you won't be talked down to, I'm here to help and I'm sure the other mods feel the same way. Now that that's over, let's have fun, fellow Dojo-ites.

And no, my brother will not be a problem. :-"
by Henry Spencer
Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recreation of shenmue 2

Would MAPINFO Patcher be any use to you?

MAPINFO Patcher - you need this if you wanna swap maps in the game

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1266721825.zip

http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=40144

I can't find anything else, maybe PM wude about it, he's ripped a lot of stuff from all Shenmue games.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona Series

More of a SMT fan myself. Hope P2: Eternal Punishment comes out in the States, at least then I can import it for my PSP.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Yup, that was him. Awesome, awesome guy.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Glad this hasn't happened to me in Dark Souls:

by Henry Spencer
Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sleeping Dogs

I was driving a taxi in the game the other day and stopped the car, a dude got in and was like "right, take me to Aberdeen" and Wei Shen is like "do I look like a taxi driver to you?" the passenger is like "ARGGGGGHHH" as I drive off bashing into loads of traffic. I fucking lol'd.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Awesome article on a severely underrated series:

http://lparchive.org/D-and-D2/

Got Enemy Zero for my birthday, still haven't played it yet. Damned backlogs. Always wanted to play D2, shame about it only getting released in the States.

Just interested, Yama, you ever played Hellnight/Dark Messiah (PSX)? I know it only got released in Europe, but let's face it, PSX games are rather easy to emulate. It's a unique game, having a beast chasing you around in sewers and in a very weird underground city, makes for a very eerie feel. Walking down a dark corridor and then the beast is coming towards you makes for great horror; before everybody overhyped Amnesia to heck and back, this game came out, way ahead of its time, imo. Shame it's so forgotten.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Iwata speaks to Kotaku about DLC

"we cannot, and should not, ask our consumers to embrace the situation where they are required to make excessive payments. Doing such things might be good for short-term profit, but it will not serve our mid-term and long-term business developments."

"I think, when the player has exhausted what's in an existing piece of software, when there are no more challenges and there is nothing more they can do, if we then introduce a new level or a new character—something new for them—we just increased their motivation to want to go back; we've also increased the amount of time they're going to enjoy that software. And one thing Nintendo has determined as a company policy, what we are not going to do is create a full game and then say, ‘let's hold this back for DLC.' That's not our plan. We're definitely not doing that. It's an extreme example, but I think there are examples of games where you get that initial purchase—the very core part of the game—and everything else around it is all DLC. However, if you do that I believe customers will have no motivation to go out and buy the retail package to begin with."

"So our goal is to create DLC in such a way that consumers do not feel that they have been cheated or deceived. Now I believe there are people out there, readers, who have are worried about that, and we just want to ensure them that we have that in mind and want them to know that that's not what we are planning on doing."

http://kotaku.com/5935721/super-marios-boss-doesnt-want-to-overdo-it-with-mr-video-game-and-wont-deceive-you-with-dlc

Good man.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Psygnosis (developers of wipEout) shut down by Sony

Sorry, I meant for Sony's internal devs, three of them shut down very recently, back to back, all of their last games was for Vita.
And if it makes any difference, I'll buy your game.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Way of the samurai 4 (Is it worth $40 on psn?)

I like japanese games, especially these niche style ones. Has anyone played this game yet (yes I know it just got released). I bought Shinobido Revenge of Zen on the Vita and I was kind of dissapointed with that game (lost interest), and this looks like it was made by the same team Acquire. If it has the same feel as Shinobido as far as controls and graphics I might pass.

For those who have this game please share with the rest of us what you like about the game and hate about the game.

Thanks

The appeal usually comes more from the concepts and atmosphere that they present. There aren't many other places you can find honest-to-goodness ninja stealth games anymore, or open-environment samurai adventure games. Their games present something different from the current norm, but you shouldn't expect them to have Uncharted-level production values or anything like that.

Nailed it. These games have such a charm to them that normally outshine all of the jank (and oh boy, is there a lot of jank in Acquire's games). Acquire to me, are one of the last bastions of those Japanese developed PS2 era sort of games alongside creative gems (Sumioni, Shinibido series, What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord?, Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, Way of the Samurai series the list goes on and on) who create a wide variety of games. I so hope they don't shut down like so many of their ilk have this gen.
I'm glad that despite the asking price, XSEED are continuing to support Acquire's games (like Sumioni for Vita, Wizardry for PS3 and this) since they obviously recognise the strengths of their games.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Gaming Characters, Designs, and Artwork

Main character from Growlanser VI is the best character design in the series, imo.

Some characters from Magna Carta 2:

by Henry Spencer
Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Clint wrote:So I sniffed this place out for a while and realised that things have changed.

There's less negativity than before. Less bitching, it seems. Think i'll stick around for a while.

I'm sure you've all missed me, fellas.

Hate to say it, but told you. ;-)
Welcome back.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Im Lance Armstrong and Ive won 0 Tour De France titles

What a crock of shit. A legend like him being tainted by the jealous French like that, shameful, just shameful.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

This one really sang out to me when I was playing the game yesterday. The traditional Japanese-inspired setting of the second world was great, with the music playing into that beautifully. And it just has that great level of melodiousness that was so common in old-school Japanese games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g6bFDvzmeA

Reminds me of Goemon 64's music. I can still remember the first Jumping Flash game, it was the first game I ever played on the original PlayStation. Classic. Never played the second one though.

I was just listening to the Eternal Poison OST, which is incredibly good. Pumping electronica with gothic undertones, to heavy metal, to sweeping orchestral, to jazz tunes; a really eclectic album overall. I really like the main town theme, as it fits the really weird, otherworldly vibe it gives off, perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDalKOoVeYc
by Henry Spencer
Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Shin Megami Tensei IV screens leaked from Soul Hackers exclusive trailer.

by Henry Spencer
Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Nier:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003922WQQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Valkyria Chronicles:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Valkyria-Chronicles-PS3/dp/B00197U1G6/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1346245135&sr=1-2

Alpha Protocol:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Alpha-Protocol-PS3/dp/B001AQ2RHC/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1346245244&sr=1-1
by Henry Spencer
Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I win I lose I win you win. I'm not Dave Chappelle

Just walking into this now: Keep it civil. No name calling, no drama, no shit flinging. The moment this deteriorates into something nasty, this will be locked and the key thrown down the river faster than a tiger taking a spanking the wrong way.

With that said, I'm happy that the Judge made the right decision and things are looking up now, Ryudo, but please, like Mitts is saying, spend it on the important things in life.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

Alright, cheers Pete. I've started doing it this afternoon, will continue on it later on tonight.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

What bothers me is that Kojima seems to be backpedaling...there's nothing fresh about this game, it sounds like MGS3: Less Linear Edition. At least with Rising, we're getting to not only play as Raiden again (waaaay overdue), but we also play as a ninja character, something the fans have wanted ever since Grey Fox in MGS1. This, on the other hand, just sounds exactly like MGS3 and Peace Walker combined into one game. Really smacks of laziness.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

HE SAID: "LET HIS QUOTE SAY IT ALL!"

Surely you heard that? You're getting deaf in your old age.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

So Versus XIII won't be at TGS, supposedly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489500

"We can't show it, it's now FF XIII-2 time"
"We can't show it, it's now Kingdom Hearts 3D time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XIII-3 time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XIV's remake's time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XV time"

etc, etc. lol
by Henry Spencer
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, despite the popularity contest, they've both been in development for hellishly long now. And when your line manager/producer leaves a project...that doesn't bode well.

They'll both come out. They'll just be finished by Gearbox, and criticized for being behind the times. ;-)

lol.

Yeah, they're both Duke Nukem Forever: Japan Edition now. I have no doubt they'll come out, just that they will come out very late into the PS3's lifecycle. It's not like I don't have enough games to go on, or anything, but man, I would have really liked to see either Last Guardian or Versus XIII at TGS this year. At least we're guaranteed a good bit of Atlus goodness though this TGS.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@OL: I'm looking forward to FFXIV and that's it from Square Japan. The publishing side though? One of the best publishers this gen., they've given me Nier, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Sleeping Dogs, Kane & Lynch, and Hitman is out soon, Army Corps of Hell will probably be my first purchase for PSVita and I still need to pick up Lufia for DS sometime. Overall, top tier publishing.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So with Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes looking as good as it does (graphically), we also have Halo 4 coming out soon, which similarly looks fantastic:

http://i.minus.com/iYb4wOyynFVFT.gif

http://i.minus.com/i7gySiBpFWdPI.gif

http://i.minus.com/iMDljMxIERbPo.gif

Who needs next gen when games are so good looking?
by Henry Spencer
Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Peter: Really? I thought ODST was the weakest, by a long shot. Halo 1 is still my favourite, I know there's only like two of us on here who are Halo fans, but I really like the art design and music of the series. And yeah, I enjoy the multiplayer...but it's a bit of a shame the single player has gone down in quality over time, so perhaps a new dev team (which was founded by former members of Bungie, btw) is the breath of life the series needed? Single player looks fun to me and I like the look of the new enemies.

@Dorian: Yeah, I'm getting sick of seeing articles popping up every day hyping Xbox 720/PS4...I'm not ready for it, nor is the PS3/360 finished yet, we're seeing some technically very impressive games, others that come to mind are David Cage's next game, The Last of Us and Hitman: Absolution.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFIV DS has some of the best art in the series. Just bought it the other day, might start it tonight.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Martin:

south carmain:

QWERTY:

Brotherman:

by Henry Spencer
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

@henry :lol: what on earth made you think I'm a Mongolian eagle tamer

You give off an aura of "crazy Mongolian who is one with nature", what can I say?

Spokane:

http://i.imgur.com/rS7c0.jpg

Crimson Ryan:

http://i.imgur.com/taKlY.jpg

beedle:

http://i.imgur.com/r9vng.jpg

Mittens:

http://i.imgur.com/ej4q2.gif
by Henry Spencer
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Take this debate to Private Message, please, you're crapping up the topic at hand. Also, the three of you, quit the name calling, it's getting tiring.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, I learned some valuable life lessons today. Thanks for the philosophy, everyone.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2012

But Mittens, Nintendo DS is region free and it's available on Amazon UK...

Like Riku, I hope there's new games we know nothing about.

Because you started your sentence with "like" I couldn't help but read that as if a teenage girl was saying it.

Like, whatever .
http://i.imgur.com/0wIIx.jpg
by Henry Spencer
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It also features one of the best NG+ ever (different endgame scenario set in a tower with loads of bosses that you have to defeat as you make your way up the tower, with new boss and new ending that brings further closure to the storyline). Love the game's battle system, shame we never seen any other game utilising it or expanding on it.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

^Segata post incoming!
by Henry Spencer
Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The alcohol thread

Where I work, people frequently talk about getting wanting to get as absolutely drunk as possible, I feel sad for those people, since that's their very existence and that's literally all they talk about. I mean, I can understand wanting to go out for a drink to relax or just getting themselves drunk at a party of some kind, it happens, but to actively seek out a lifestyle that involves nothing but getting drunk? Pathetic existence. Like southcarmain and a couple of others on here, I don't drink, but when I do, it's normally a cider I'll go for. It tastes good and is still to this day, the only alcoholic drink I can safely say that about. When I was in college, I used to go out and get drunk all of the time, but realised it was a bit of a useless exercise that resulted in nothing but pain the next day and that was not enjoyable. And having seen the effects alcohol has had on people, it was enough to put me off. So yeah, I don't go out of my way to drink myself to oblivion like others where I am, do.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Capcom announce new IP "Remember Me"

Looks like it's a victim of "focus testing", wouldn't surprise me if the initial concepts got thrown out in favour of the "cinematic experience". Still like the aesthetics of it, though.

Also, how bad is that dialogue/voice acting? And the corrupt cop missing that many shots in that attack chopper? Really?
by Henry Spencer
Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

EX Troopers not coming to the West.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/sorry_lost_planet_fans_ex_troopers_isnt_coming_to_the_west

The forum member's original question actually related to the thorny issue of the Mega Man series, and a recent comment by Svensson that he feels the franchise has too many 'sub series'. To counter this argument, the forum poster mentioned EX Troopers based on the fact that it's a sub series of Lost Planet, seemingly making the assumption that the game would be heading out of Japan.

Svensson's response was:

No because EX Troopers isn't part of the LP series officially (thus the difference in name) nor are there plans to bring it Westward at this time.

So there you have it - Capcom isn't looking to translate and publish EX Troopers outside of its native Japan, where it launches on November 22nd of this year.

The only Lost Planet game I give a damn about...and we're not getting it. It seems like anything to do with Mega Man is cursed now.

Capcom continue to vie for the prize of most disappointing publisher and developer this gen with Konami.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil

]Biohazard actually used to have an interesting story, yes. Pre-BH4. Too bad it went down with Raccoon City.

Well, yeah, you of all people would say that. But really, I think the series had a brilliant B-movie horror plotline with some fantastic scenarios and atmosphere. We'll have to see if they can bring it any of that back with RE6. People can complain about RE5 all they like, I thought the gameplay was really fricking fun, though. At least, I know the gameplay will be fun with RE6.

RE2 is still my favourite and Hideki Kamiya hasn't directed a better game in his career.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

^That game looks really good.

I bought:

by Henry Spencer
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2012

You know it is kind of hilarious, we've had both 3D and virtual reality in the past and they didn't catch on, chalk it up to the fact that the tech wasn't there, but now, I think we're getting there. I'm actually kind of excited to see VR in the future, even if it is yet again, only a fad. It's not like I think such tech will get in the way of usual gaming with controllers, but the possibilities with VR is kind of exciting to me, sorry. :dunno:
by Henry Spencer
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aggravating gaming moments

Labyrinth of Amala in SMT3: Nocturne,
Some of the marks in FFXII which just destroyed me (Trickster comes to mind)
Growlanser IV where it's you vs. monsters vs, the female angel it's just crazy hectic.
Golgorand Execution Site/Golgollada Gallows in Final Fantasy Tactics is the most difficult battle in the game for me (the first Wiegraf battle is easy once you know the trick to it).
Hospital stage in Siren: Blood Curse.
Final battle against the Tyrant (Mr. X) in RE2.
Devil Survivor 2 where you fight the boss battle against Ronaldo and then team up with him against the alien. Still haven't gotten past that (either Day 3 or Day 4).
The real (there's a few of them) final battle in Drakengard 1 is legendary hard.
The final boss in Vagrant Story. Throughout the game you are pretty much told to find the enemy's weakness, with this boss... he has none!
The tower in NG+ for Parasite Eve, dungeon crawling tower full of bosses and really hard enemies.
Final boss in Metal Gear AC!D 1.

Lost more than a few times on those...
by Henry Spencer
Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

To be fair though, the Wii had a lot of shovelware. Then again, so did the DS and that's one of the best gaming systems I've ever owned.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic