Search found 28 matches

Return

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

No offense guys but all of this is getting slightly pathetic. I guess things haven't really cooled down that much... As I said in another topic. It's like some bitterness hanging around which wasn't there before.

Getting? Slightly? Haha you're more charitable in thought than meself. It's been past pathetic in many ways for around 2 years, although to be fair it's just as pathetic that the people who were too cowardly to stand up to him over that time, and instead kissed his ass, are now putting the boot in. It's all good though, the whole saga has had some very amusing moments over the years :D
by Gingefners, The
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Peter wrote:a huge weight has been lifted off the site now

Ha.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Unpopular Opinions

'Man Made' Global warming is bullshit. I'm a former president of the science club and I say this. There is no serious science behind the greenhouse effect, unless you think CO2 can block light rays, if that's the case, car exhaust would have a shadow. The reason why the icebergs are melting, and how there are less snow caps are because it's still a thawing process from the last ice age. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend. I think the higher powers of the European and communist countries are promoting control of CO2 to take down the US economy. Notice how militant environmentalists are about it? It's because they have been conditioned to act that way, and that's by design.

I'm glad to see we have the President of the science club on the job.
by Rakim
Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Maybe he was referring to our traditional, near-ritual, biannual "I hate you, and I'll leave for good this time!" Dojo drama.
by KiBa
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Awards 2012 Final Results

Spokane wrote:I didn't expect it to be honest.

Quoted for posterity: Award-winning awards host admitting that it was never going to be honest.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hottest Emcee on the Scene Right Now

Who do you think it is? I've only heard one track, but imo, it's this guy:

DJ Smile - Main Man in Huddersfield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7WdvzITaLk

"Yes man in the place
With a slapped face in the ace
Bit of pace
Bit an E in the place
Safe to be ecstasy
Safe to be with the bass in your face
With the bitches in the place
Rockin the place
Safe to be ecstasy
As you see
That is FACKIN' me!
Come by select directin' jectar!
Selecta!
Keepin the place off the face
Kick the little face in the place
Kick em out of the place
Coz they're not fackin ace!
I'm FUCKIN ace!
I'm the main man in the FUCKIN place!
Remember the name: DJ Smile
Goes out to rapid n shock it for a while
I'm the main man in fuckin (H)'uddersfield who gonna be supplyin for a while
Fuck the tile
I'm the fuckin man who can do the FACKIN mile!"
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kid suspended for throwing grenade made of air

Kenny wrote:though I'd like to think we duel on equal merits in terms of wit, always one upping each other

And that's why we all know you'll make it in the film industry Kenny. You're a great writer of fiction with a very active imagination.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Awards 2012 Final Results

wait people didn't ironically vote kiba as funniest member?
by south carmain
Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the 90's rocked

GOD I MISS THE GULF WAR
by Feelers Rebo
Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

There is nothing earth-shattering about the "once in a life time discovery" you posted Ryudo. Another primitive civilization constructed a stepped sun worship building. Whoopee!

While I agree that the other stories are pretty insipid that doesn't mean that the others are at some kind of intellectual fault for enjoying them. Cuz let's be real. The true origin of this debate boils down to "Kenny and crew liked their posts and not mine".
by Rakim
Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Top Five Disney Couples

Goddamnit Denton, why didn't you put this topic on notice?
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HMV saved [for now]

I'm not sure. I hadn't heard that. I'll look into it later.

Think this is what I was thinking of;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/mar/15/vat-loophole-on-cds-closed

Though it all did seem quite low key at the time, so not surprising it went by a lot of people.

PS apologies for linking to The Guardian... :sad:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hip Hop

i do like hip hop but i'm pretty ignorant of it...

It's never too late to get into it a bit, it just means you have REAMS and reams of amazing stuff to listen to that will be new to you. Although that can put some people who are new to the music off it quite easily, especially as there is also a ton or crap hip hop that needs to be filtered out too.

You like some De la, right? So I'd say the most obvious album to get you onto next would probably be Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest, if you haven't already checked that. It's a bonafide classic and always seems to go down well with most people just getting into the music.

Another album I often recommend as an intro to Hip Hop is Illmatic by Nas. The lyrical content is different from stuff like Tribe and De La as it's more "hardcore" or whatever, but the main reason I recommend Illmatic is because of the beats. you have a load of the best producers on that album, so it makes it a perfect springboard. For example you have some DJ Premier and so can go on to Gang Starr albums like Daily Operation or Hard to Earn, you have Q tip on there too and so can go on to some of the ATCQ stuff I mentioned earlier, there Pete Rock on there too, so you can get into Mecca and the Soul Brother from there, or you might try Breaking Atoms (which I think you might like beeds) from the Large Pro connection. And after all that you also might want to move onto some darker Boombap like Wu Tang or Boot Camp Clik or whatever. So it's like the key link into all different strains of brilliant 90's east coast Hip Hop. And if your feeling like a bit of old school flavour you can check out some classic Cold Chillin stuff from Juice Crew, G Rap, Masta Ace and so on.

Of course there's a chance you might not into any of that stuff and might prefer to jump into some more recent whimsical kind of stuff from the likes of Doom, Quisimoto or Edan or whatever. But that stuff can also really put off new comers, and chances are you'll find something you love in that first paragraph. Or you might also like checking out some of the more funky alternative types hip hop from the 90's like Pharcyde and stuff, actually I think you'd really like Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde, beeds.

I just mostly listen to old Jazz, like John Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc.

I love Jazz too. But that's the great thing, much like how an album can be a springboard to different albums and artists of the same genre (in the way I've described to beeds), Hip Hop can also work as a springboard into other genres. I actually initially got into Jazz from hip hop when I was about 12 years old, and then I got into soul music and so on.

Hip-Hop is Dead indeed

Nonsense. There might be more rubbish to filter out, and less variety in the mainstream but hip hop never died. Your just like many a generation of Hip Hop fan who grow to see their favourite rappers fall off and become irrelevant (hip hop artists tend to have some of the shortest shelf lives of musicians, unfortunately) and decide that the music died and stop listening or just listen to the stuff they grew up with. But you just gotta keep it moving man.
by mue 26
Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Documented civilian deaths from violence:
111,949 – 122,464
Further analysis of the WikiLeaks' Iraq War Logs may add 12,000 civilian deaths.

Iraq Body Count is an ongoing human security project which maintains and updates the world’s largest public database of violent civilian deaths during and since the 2003 invasion. The count encompasses non-combatants killed by military or paramilitary action and the breakdown in civil security following the invasion.

Data is drawn from cross-checked media reports, hospital, morgue, NGO and official figures to produce a credible record of known deaths and incidents. (more in About IBC)

I'm sorry, who are the savages again?
by Kenny
Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

This topic needs this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aARyxcwPwyE[/youtube]
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Yu Suzuki!

Also this really belongs in the birthday topic.
by Riku Rose
Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

phpBB [video]

Good documentary on the making of Pet Sounds.
by Rakim
Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Happy Birthday Sir Beedle (bit late, but Idontgiveafuck)
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I miss the junk forum

The whole Dojo got together and decided to troll AG.

if thats true, yall did a shitty job. *crosses the bridge peacefully*

o rly?

I swear I dont know what the fuck you guys are thinking. I am not buying all this fancy talk and strategically worded bullshit to try to sway us into thinking this is ok, it reminds me of a ambitious government thats trying to get the people to buy into their own agenda. Most of all, I am losing respect for some of the people in charge here, and I am disappointed with the drastic changes, I am not gonna rant for page after page about this, but I will definitely call out the fuck ups made in the future. Dick move guys, dick move.

Stop Yama, just stop. I dont want it to be like this, also my post did express graditude in the fact that I mentioned the old members coming back, and I know the staff had alot to do with that, I have been saying that has been good. Everything else I disagree with very much, too much has changed. I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming, and to put back the Junk forum. Its just too much to wade through in General Gaming, and something really seems missing from these forums with the junk forum gone. What were you thinking? I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me, or atleast consider my advice. You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now. There was nothing wrong with the way things were before I dont understand why everyone has been on this gung ho lets change everything trip, I dont see the current members that have come back for the time being, actually staying at this rate, in fact they all came back before anything was really changed, meaning they were fine with the way it was before. I know I can be the funny guy that loves to goof off but on the opposite side of that I can be very serious as well and I am coming to you being very serious right now. Think about it dude, good luck.

There is alot of stuff I dont know where to post now. Its part of the yearly mind fuck that comes with being a member of these forums now a days.

God damn it. Not here too... I really hate when you guys re-organize the forums, with little to no notice, and drastically. Again I'll say it.

i say unlock the old topics, let the people that want to use them, use them. And the people that want to post in the new way, do it that way. And if its something more important to you, instead of dropping it off into one of the general threads, make a new thread altogether for extended discussion. That way, no one is pissed (like I kinda was when I saw some of my favorite topics locked), and we can try this new way as well, plus the combination of both would hit the sweet spot of forum activity.

I feel like I am being forced to conform, whatever. This always happens, the forums get changed, I propose a logical alternative that makes both sides happy, everyone stays ignorant, rinse and repeat. I pity you all for having inferior brains to mine.

You are really starting to piss me off Yama, but i am sure I will forgive you soon enough, im not the grudge type. I read your PM, then read the post I quoted above, which negated any sympathy I had or was feeling before, for the time being.

Its time for a history lesson, our lesson begins in 2011 when the gaming forums still existed. We had sub-forums, Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Sony, General. Everything had its own place for discussion, it worked well, games had their own topic, game exclusives were in their respective forums and the fan boys of SD had their own special corner to talk about their favorite company. Jump ahead a year to 2012 and the decision was made to do away with that format, so everything was in one place, I was against the idea because I thought it would clutter and scatter the gaming topics and make specific topics harder to find, which naturally it did. But we all got used to it and moved on. Jump ahead again to now, 2013. We have the problem of not enough topics and extended discussion because its all in one place like the original game plan for removing the gaming sub forums originally was set into motion for. See the dilema? We went with the plan from the changes from last year, and now low and behold, we want it to be the other way around. We want More topics, more game/series specific discussion, which the old format provided better than anything.

I really dont know what to say, or how to advise about this any better than I already have. last year we want one thing, now its like we want the old way back but no one even realizes what we want now is essentially what we had before. Its really starting to irritate the crap out of me. Surely everyone realizes this is whats happening? Think about it.

Whats done is done. It would be far too much work to try to bring back the gaming sub-forums, and I wouldnt wish that task to any staff member here. I just want a inch or 2 of recognition that I tried to warn everyone of this and no one would listen, and here we are a year later, and my fears have come true.

I guess at this point having tried both formats, I dont really care which one we use, I can deal with both. But make up your damn mind about it, its annoying as hell having to go through the drastic forum change on a yearly basis, talk of locking topics and merging forums and all that wears down. We dont need to changing the way we talk to each other on here every year, just come up with the best logical idea and stick with it.

This place will pick up more when and if we ever get more shenmue. We cant force a crowd around here, just let things naturally do what they do, we have a dedicated site to a as of now dead franchise/series its gonna be small and niche, our traffic expectations for these forums are a bit higher than whats actually realistic.

I have said my piece about this and I am not arguing about it anymore, if you want me to help come up with a better game plan for this place, cool, I will do my best. But I am not playing into the current ignorance any longer. I'm sorry but thats the truth, as is everything I have said here in this post. I wouldnt make a post this long and detailed if I didnt love this place, I just hope some of you can realize what I am trying to say here, it makes sense.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gimmie a good horror film

Spice World
by QWERTY
Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Disney's Frozen

Misleading thread title. I thought old Walt had been cryogenically preserved, with an aim to one day be... reanimated.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the halloween thread

Which film was it that had the kids in pumpkin masks turning into snakes and cockroaches when the pumpkin mask manufacturers' advert came on the TV? IIRC it had a doctor who worked it all out who ended up roaring "STOP IT!" at TV stations down the phone at the end....

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

John Carpenter intended to make Halloween films as different tales as evidenced in the above but buckled to studio pressure to return to Michael Myers after 3 under performed at the box office.
by QWERTY
Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nelson Mandela

Jeff wrote:I realized that I'm essentially the Nelson Mandela of these forums. I was expelled from Here for years and now I'm here, loved and admired by all. Nelson Mandela would be proud of my presence here.

Your posts are also considered terrorist attacks.
by Axm
Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Reflections, 2014 Resolutions

Im going to kill that hooker that I've always been wanting to.
by UnHoly Bible
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Irrational Games (BioShock, System Shock) is shutting do

^He is.

I mean, I hated it. But I might not be a very good journalist. The news that Irrational would effectively close, laying off its staff, leaving Levine to start a new endeavor with just 15 former Irrational members and a flat hierarchy, came as a surprise to me -- and that's even though someone told me it could happen, a year ago.

I didn't report it. I don't report a lot of things people tell me in confidence about what goes on at their jobs. Digging around in dirty laundry and in open wounds is complicated. The value of the story to those who will read it has to be worth the net risk. There's the risk you're dead wrong: you can't just write an article based on what you heard from one friend or one colleague and present it as fact, just because you believe it. People have to be willing to corroborate, and they have to be willing to do it on the record. Otherwise it's not reporting, it's rumor-mongering. It's irresponsible.

No one talks to the games press officially. I wish they did, but I get it. They want to keep their jobs. Let's just say multiple people within a studio were willing to risk their careers to confirm to me that yes, in fact, if their game didn't sell extremely well, like exponentially more than its predecessor or "well" according to a matrix of time and cost investment and desired profit, that their studio would be closed in a year.

What good does it do anyone, the story about the conditional but likely imminent closure? Who does it help and serve? What good does it do to risk my friends' jobs and their confidence to patch together the plausible but potentially biased story about all the extra unfinished or un-implemented content from the wildly over-budget and over-scope game? The story about the high stress, the high turnover, the difficult-to-work-with creative lead?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/211139/Irrational_Games_journalism_and_airing_dirty_laundry.php

tl;dr version - They (2K) were were threatening to close the studio over a year ago if BioShock Infinite didn't sell "exponentially more than its predecessor"...

Plus, the original art director of BioShock Infinite left a couple of years ago, along with some of the other design team. No doubt Levine wasn't letting the designers and artists actually do their job. The guy is notoriously hard to work with, it seems.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic