Search found 959 matches

Return

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

You're not the only one fucking off to Oz, Pete. The missus and I are applying for a 12 month visa (6 month working) and then gonna do a load of traveling after that. Should be doing one over there this time next year.
by QWERTY
Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You guys know that the D-man is lurking, reading this and absolutely dying to flip off on one of his diartibes.
by QWERTY
Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where did Henry Go?

When you've been on the receiving end of suicide it's a hard thing to put into words how you're trying to cope with the situation straight after it happens. I've had it happen and I was 13 years old at the time, my dad offed himself in prison and it was absolutely awful . However, I know when people tell you that "time is a good healer" you think it's utter horseshit, but things will become easier. Losing a close person, friend or family, is roughneck and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. A best friend might as well be family when it all boils down to it, so I know how it feels dude and I sincerely hope you pull through sooner rather later for youself and for us. :-&
by QWERTY
Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

I like your colour co-ordination now Kiba. Plus you've dropped that faggy-Bowie-elfy shit.
by QWERTY
Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QWERTY's super-happy GIF depository thread

The last two are particularly lol imo...

http://stripers247.com/images/flip-fail.gif

http://www.datgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/backflip-fail-faceplant.gif

http://www.stripers247.com/images/boof.gif

http://i.imgur.com/6RYy1.gif
by QWERTY
Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HALP!

It's not a surprise if your expecting it.

Being prepared and expecting something are two completely different notions, fool.
Whatever. I fucking hate you. This place turned shit (or stayed shit depending on how you look at it) when they let you back here. I was expecting I would not mind you now, but your the same and you'll always look the same. The way you look tells people how you really are.

Your what I hate about the internet. Whatever to what you say back. What the fuck ever QWERTY.

http://tottenhamonmymind.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/vic_bob_handbags.jpg

Oh and it's you're.
by QWERTY
Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HALP!

Spokane wrote:This place turned shit (or stayed shit depending on how you look at it) when they let you back here.

Does everyone else feel this way? :sad:

You've cut me real deep, Spokes. :cry:
by QWERTY
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 small leap in power less costly *RUMOR*

To be fair PSN is the same PSN on Vita that it is on PS3. It's cross platform.

Exactly. The account you have now will be usable over the next platform, for sure. They (as in Sony and Micrsoft) know that there would be a massive uproar if they forced their end users to start all over again at additional cost.
by QWERTY
Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I want the memory eraser from MIB for Shenmue

Back on topic, yeah the 'Mue was what convinced me to get involved in purchasing a Dreamcast, but playing Soul Calibur and Power Stone amplified the desire ten-fold.
by QWERTY
Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

MiTT3NZ wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote:But hey, what do I know?

NOTHING!

But yet still more than you. Mwahahaha.
by QWERTY
Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote:
Ryudo wrote: :???: I didn't hit the report button this time nor say anything yet all that. :???:

Thanks Pete.
:)

The post was reported, but not by you.

Spokane?

by QWERTY
Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scenes in movies & TV shows that make you cry.

I cried while watching a documentary on primordial dwarves.

by QWERTY
Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars

wtf is going on with disney anyway? why are they so power hungry over all the star wars projects now?

Wouldn't you be if you had your hands on one of the most lucrative franchises of all time?

I'm glad it's out of Lucas's hands now. At least there is a slight potential we might get another Empire Strikes Back. It's more likely we'll get another Tron Legacy though. *sigh*
by QWERTY
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

I'm undoubtedly a Nintendo toss munch, but the plain truth about this console (thus far) is there is bollock-all to get excited about it. When a new 3D Mario/Zelda/Mario Kart is available then things might change. No-one can start giving it the whole "blah blah blah regurgitated franchises blah blah blah", there's a reason why they sell by the bucketload - because they're fucking awesome.
by QWERTY
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Discussion + Entertainment = One?

I think it's a great idea to merge GD and Entertainment. I really don't see the point in them being split and like Yama says, it would give an overall feel of the boards being busier if any non gaming related threads were in one place. Plus it would be fucking hilarious to see Animegamer have a complete spaz out again.
by QWERTY
Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jeremy Irons on Gay marriage

Why aren't heterosexuals allowed to have civil partnerships?
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HMV saved [for now]

Couldn't give a toss really. Their aggressive behaviour against the independents irked me and their prices have always been on the upper levels of absurdity. It's totally their own fault for not changing with the times. I very rarely buy CDs, DVDs or Blu Rays but I stream via Spotify, Netflix or Lovefilm as I believe in paying my dues to those involved creating the respective art however I no longer care so much for physical copies for a collection, barring games and vinyl.
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Christopher Nolan is an overrated director

In Nolan We Trust.

Hmmm. I'm not one to say he's a terrible director, far from it, but am I the only one that finds the universal geekdom circle jerk over his work a little galling? Granted, some of his work is very good but a lot of it is massively flawed too. Let's have a look at his films...

Memento: There's not much I can really say against this film as it is a fantastic body of work that put Nolan on the map, and deservedly so. The only thing I would say is it's probably too good a start and has thus made it hard for him to follow it up to the level that many would have hoped.

Insomnia: I found this film to be pretty poor in all honesty. It felt like a made for TV film, and with actors of the calibre of Al Pacino and Robin Williams you would expect a movie that leaves you with a real sense of belief and bit more of a lasting effect than this. I haven't seen the original Norwegian version but I would guess that it is a more tangible end product, as is usually the case with foreign films that are remade by Hollywood.

Batman Begins: I like this film, I really do, but I still wouldn't say that it is the definitive way to make a Batman film, even though it is the best of the trilogy imo. Yes, Nolan made it believable and managed to draw together a stellar cast, barring Katie Holmes (which is an obvious downside) but he still didn't nail the essence of Batman for me. A film halfway between this and Burton's original Batman with some additional actual detective work would be on point for me. Oh, and the Sarecrow was criminally under used, and I don't feel Cillian Murphy was a good choice for the role, but that's just... like... my opinion, yeah? I would have loved to have seen Aronofsky's take on Year One.

The Prestige: I would say this is up there with Memento as one of Nolan's best works. Many people complain about the clone aspect of the film but when it's an integral part of the original book then I can't see how he could have avoided it. Yep. There's nothing I can say against this film. David Bowie as Tesla is an inspired piece of casting too.

The Dark Knight: Ok here's where I think things start to go a tad awry. Of course Heath Ledger's performance goes down as one of the greats of the silver screen, but on repeated viewing I think the whole film loses it's magic having viewed it a few times. I seriously believe that Ledger's performance carries the whole film and without it we'd be looking at quite a drab and uninspiring movie which undoubtedly drags on far too long than it should. The showdown with the Joker pales in comparison to Burton's Batman too. I won't lie and say I wasn't in awe when I first saw it, but upon reflection I really don't believe it deserves the mantle of "Best Superhero Movie Evar" that many entitle it with as it doesn't have the endless watchability that a film with that title would have.

Inception: This is a film to make thick people feel clever. It's really not hard to understand. For a mega-budget blockbuster based on dreams it also doesn't have the aesthetic wonderment one would imagine. I watched it at the cinema, thought "it's ok", watched it at home - fell asleep. See my sig for a more definitive review of this film.

The Dark Knight Rises: I won't go into all the plotholes because they've been done to death but Bane's downfall was criminal and I really disliked the way he was made to be Talia's lapdog. The one true great scene in this film is the Batman vs Bane fight midway through, but other than that it's not really that memorable and like the Batman film that preceded it, suffers from repeated viewings. Oh and Talia's death scene made me do a lol.

Anyway, I'd love to go into further detail with each but I'm using my phone to type this (laptop has carked it) and it's a pain in the arse, so apologies for any misspellings or fucked up word replacements. Anyone agree or disagree?
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your job?

^ Can't be any worse than Corey Marshall! :P
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christopher Nolan is an overrated director

Kenny wrote:he insists on either over-explaining a plot point

"That auto-pilot is like totally broke btw"

"Did I mention we still haven't fixt teh auto-pilot?"

"Auto-pilot"

"AUTO. PILOT."
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

Ryudo wrote: http://downloads.khinsider.com/

Shit load of gaming OST can download free

This is a good one too...

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Gaming Goals 2013

Crimson Ryan wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote: Before I leave for Oz in November

Another one on the Ozzy plane. Why the move?

One year working holiday then travelling through Asia on the way back. Needs to be done before me and the lady friend contemplate marriage, kids etc. I'm gonna propose while we're travelling. :D
by QWERTY
Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your most overlooked system or game

One is Burning Rangers.

A Saturn game. Man, an amazing game. I really don't know why it hasn't a sequel. The concept of the game is original even for today, in my opinion. One of the first games that i played thanks to a friend with the Saturn. Is one of those missing jewels from Sonic Team.

Nights HD seems to have done well so we have a chance of getting a HD remake of BR now.

Really? I haven't seen any sales figures but fingers crossed. I never played Burning Rangers but would live to give it a whirl. Ooh... imagine HD Panzer Dragoon and Zwei. I'm still gutted Guardian Heroes didn't come to PSN. :sad:
by QWERTY
Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

MiTT3NZ wrote: I wouldn't call suggesting genetic genocide mature discussion. Maybe ideas for South Park episodes, but as a serious debate? All it does is call into question your definition of maturity.

I'm guessing you're under 6 foot then?
by QWERTY
Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MiTT3NZ wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: I wouldn't call suggesting genetic genocide mature discussion. Maybe ideas for South Park episodes, but as a serious debate? All it does is call into question your definition of maturity.

I'm guessing you're under 6 foot then?

:theyareontome:

Ha! Knew it. Oh and Ryudo; haters gonna hate.
by QWERTY
Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salute

Geff!
by QWERTY
Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maggie Thatcher dies

I am a product of her regime. I know it. I like the idea of being secure, powerful and wealthy. I genuinely will never ever believe that any human doesn't like those ideas. I believe greed is inherent in every animal ever born. It's a survival mechanism. Isn't that why communism is eternally flawed?

Why am I an ignoramus? Am I supposed to feel guilty because of my respect for her? Why should I feel guilty for what she has helped me acheive - as far as I'm concerned anyone else in my country could go out there and acheive it too. I guess I just believe in doing things for yourself to make sure the people important to you are secure and safe, rather than waiting for someone in office to sort it out or do the right thing. I'm not a benefit-sponging slacker, so I have less reason to feel guilty than most.

My parents worked their asses off for 40 years and did things for themselves rather than moaning about it all and hanging on to some bizarre ideal that someone else is gonna make it all better for them. They could have done what their friends and siblings did, but I wouldn't be able to go on 2 holidays and god knows how many festivals a year if I wasn't raised with the ideals that my parents acquired under her leadership. I'd be working on a fruit stall in the market or beating panels for Rover. Luck has nothing to do with it. It's more ambition; and from what I've been told, lovely Lady Thatcher enabled anyone with an ambition to do something about it.
Well, communism isn't eternally flawed, but that's another issue. Also, I find people with your submongoloid "people on benefits are sponging slackers" mindset (which is a mindset that also encompasses other typical anti-proletarian and anti-public sector spew) to be completely odious reactionary fuckwits, to be honest. Stop reading the Sun or whatever and educate yourself.

If you feel comfortable supporting the behaviour of a wretched, insidious conservative responsible for mass unemployment who would attempt to destroy unions or anything that would benefit the lower classes, who is responsible for misery in Northern Ireland (death of 10 hunger strikers, sanctioned murder of N. Irish citizens) and who allowed soldiers in her own military to be killed (and also would allow the death of Argentines) for the sake of her and her vile party's reputation, then to me, that's a definite indication that you're a priveleged middle-class tory with no real-world perspective or moral compass, and thus your opinion is negated by your total lack of experience and detachment from actual struggles occurring in your own country. She was bad for England, she was bad for Scotland, she was bad for Northern Ireland and she was bad for Argentina, and the news of her death will be celebrated by the majority of the peoples of those countries, regardless of anything the media might tell you.

I don't read The Sun and I'm certainly not right-wing but I'm sure you can appreciate my wish to pay my respects to a deceased old woman that did a lot for our country.

I have received iobseeker's allowance for a maximum of two months ever since I was 18. If I can find work regularly then why do others struggle? I'm not choosy about where I'll work if it's an absolute necessity. I'm sick to death of hearing about those with such insane degrees of self-entitlement. I read a story in the paper a few months back about some guy with a heart defect that refused a transplant because he didn't want to go back to work in the event of recovery and would prefer to laze about on benefits. What kind of person would choose a lazy lifestyle which would result in death over being healthy and living? This is the kind of world we live in nowadays. It's madness.
by QWERTY
Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My mum and dad had their own business from the 60's to the late 90's. Thatcher was and still is a hero to them; they're as working class as anyone and from families full of active unionists, but according to them she helped them as business owners no end. My parents aren't stupid and they're as grounded as they come, so I'm not gonna take all your skewed, pit-based perspectives as anything near gospel.

I wasn't old enough to know what was going down at the time, but as someone who wants to make as much money as possible in my lifetime, I owe her quite a lot for having the opportunity. What I do know about her is that she stuck up for Britain and didnt take any shit, so I'm gonna favour her over any other pussy Prime Minister (ie; America's lapdog Tony Blair) in my lifetime for that alone.

So yeah, go Thatcher, I am one of your children and very proud.
by QWERTY
Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why are they poor though? No ambition! No drive! Stop moaning about how little money you have and go and make some. Don't rely on other people to fund your Jeremy Kyle watching sorry existences. These are the same people that moan about immigrants "terkin er jerbs" but when it boils down to it they just don't work as hard as immigrants do. It's their own fault for being lazy.
by QWERTY
Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I just had to snatch up a copy of Legend of Oasis as quickly as I could. Even though I haven't beaten it, I absolutely love Beyond Oasis for the Genesis, so the sequel/prequel to that was one of the top priorities on my list of Saturn games I need to get.

I've been watching a few copies of this on eBay over the last week or so but they keep going for around £20. I'm looking to get it a little bit cheaper if possible but I'm determined to finally get my hands on this game!
by QWERTY
Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you even shave bro?

I still can't comprehend self respecting men shaving their nether region. The bush is hot, ladies love it. You just look like some pre pubescent man child if you go for the clean shave down there. Get outta here with that.

I don't need pubic hair to make me feel like a man but... y'know, whatevs. Oh and "ladies love the bush"? Pffft. I'm guessing you haven't been near one since the 90s. When The Sweater Shop was "all dat" and Rachel from Friends' "bouncy shag" was en vogue. Get with the times grandad.
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can anything shock us any more?

rotten.com, what a classic! Anyone remember ebaumsworld? Fucking legendary sites them. Back in the days of MSN and all videos were Java or Macromedia flash animations. And all the Stickdeath shit! And Salad Fingers! My god, why do we have to get old?

Yep. Used to do rotten on the regs. The one I remember succinctly online was the Russian guy on the side of the train track with his head caved open. Bleurgh.

There isn't much that shocks me on t'interwabs (mo 2 girls 1 cup all teh wayz!) but snuffy snufferson? Fuck off. Kenneth Bigley's "squeal" will stay with me for the rest of my life. Dark shit.
by QWERTY
Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Panzer Dragoon

Ryudo wrote:Now while Saga is 500$ in the US. I know where I can get the Japanese copy for 30$ complete. Just have to wait til May.

What's the point in that if you can't read it? :???:
by QWERTY
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Noel Edmunds seems to have looked more or less the same for the past 25 years.

My mate made this:

http://noeledmunds.co.uk/

(Requires Flash)
by QWERTY
Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (no food or drugs)

Top 3 cheeses:

Cheddar
Haloumi
Stilton
by QWERTY
Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone that watches Deal or No Deal is a cunt. Especially if they say "ooh they're gonna do well because they've got a good gameplan". Gameplan? Wat?
by QWERTY
Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

Clearly an inside job. Let's see where the American government steer this false flag this time.
by QWERTY
Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

QWERTY, I'll do you a deal. If either the US or UK have entered martial law or become a police state or owt by the time we both hit pension age, I will give you mine in it's entirety. Any single one or combination. Whatever.

However, if none of that happens, you e get a tattoo reading "I am Mittens' bitch" across your forehead, which must be proudly on display for an open casket funeral when you die.

Whaddya say?

There won't be a state pension by then so you'll have nothing to offer, rendering the whole bet null and void.

An Alpha rises to and sees off any challenge. I see no alternative wager being offered here. You been demoted to a Beta or what?

Alphas don't waste their time with childish bets with Betas. This is serious shit we're on about here bro.
by QWERTY
Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Catherine

Coming to PlayStation Plus next month. :D
by QWERTY
Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

^I really gotta try the current-gen Fallout games. I got right into SKyrim and do generally like steampunk-ish kinda games...

It ain't steam punk, but post apocalyptic. So it still does it for me. Definitely get involved though. I'm sure you can pick up Fallout 3 for a song now, and it's a banging experience. That moment when you first step out of the vault is *boom ting*
by QWERTY
Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

What TV shows do you have to put up with because of your partner/familamadingdong?

Me? Fucking Hollyoaks, The Voice, Made in Chelsea, X Factor, Britains Got Faggots... ad infinitum.

She's a cultured woman, she has a first in psychology for god sake, but she's such a typical female. I can calm any situation by giving her a chocolate bar.

It stresses me out when she watches that shit and I initially act all nonchalant because I surf the interwebs at the time but I start to get involved after a while due to conditioning. Although my input mainly consists of "he's a cunt", "she's a cunt" and "they're all cunts".

Argh!
by QWERTY
Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Bwahaha! Cheers bro, much obliged.

Btw, quick observation post enduring the weekly ordeal that my supposed better half enforces on me that is known as "The Voice"; is Tom Jones basically just Lionel Richie in negative?
by QWERTY
Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic