Search found 69 matches

Return

Re: RELEASE: Shenmue Explore Mod V1.4

I've been working on Soba Noodles, shame its not in the list because there is a shelf with stuff on and a calendar in the back room that you cant see at all in game, after extracting the textures I noticed that they contain the textures for the cockroach which is amusing that they would include that .. so perhaps there is one running around back there lol
by ReeceKun
Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RELEASE: Shenmue Explore Mod V1.4

Cool nice one, I didn't really expect to see a cockroach I just find it amusing that it was in there.
Here's a sneak peak of Soba V2.0
by ReeceKun
Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Not Mine, I just found it on blenderartists.org thought it was pretty, dont think its been shared here.
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showth ... ht=Shenmue
by ReeceKun
Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue - 360º Panoramas

This can be done inside 3DS max with Vray, infact I will do it to show off my new shenmue models :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvh8ZrNyt0
by ReeceKun
Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Titlescreen Mockup (Just for fun!)

Wheres the continue from Shenmue 2 option ? \:D/
by ReeceKun
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Piano Collection

Hi,

I already posted this on Shenmue topic, but I'm reposting in this community area :)

We're running campaign to produce Piano Collection from shenmue soundtrack, please consider donating , thank you :).
https://igg.me/at/6MnKQ1xoPgU/x/15261417

Im really SICK and tired of people who try to profit from the Shenmue Licence, and not just try to profit, but try to pass off half-assed work as their own and exploiting the dumb shenmue fans who will pay good money for anything with the logo on.

This 'Demo'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivvMq4eyGTA

Is CLEARLY run through Midi Software and has not been played by a Pianist or someone who is a tallented playing an actual piano. And its not even a good Midi sound there are TONS of really good sounding Piano Software

The ORIGINAL soundtracks can be downloaded and there is a VAST library of Shenmue Midi's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZrVCa517w
I think I speak for at least 5 people here when I say

FUCK OFF !
by ReeceKun
Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Genesis games in Shenmue 3?

Hello.. This is a Picture for the Dreamcast Game 'Yu Suzuki Game Works'

https://www.video-games-museum.com/en/screenshots/Dreamcast/2/36332-menu-Yu-Suzuki-Game-Works-Vol.-1.png

I have looked extensively at all the game files of Shenmue and Shenmue 2 and comparied them to Yu Game works. This game was released shortly after Shenmue 2, but the Emulation files for;
Space Harrier: Shenmue1
Hang On: Shenmue 1
After Burner: Shenmue 2
OutRun: Shenmue 2
are EXACTLY THE SAME FILES !.. Which logically means that Power Drift ' should' be in Shenmue 3
(But since it will be created in Unreal Engine theres no reason that all of the games shouldnt be in Shenmue3)

There is clear evidence that After Burner was originally planned for Shenmue 1, and I suspect with a deeper understanding of the Shenmue 'FirstRead.bin' file that it 'might' be possible to switch one of the other Arcade games with PowerDrift to work ingame BUT each game has its own specific emulation and its certainly not a copy and paste job to play any megadrive/genesis game.

The only games that would be featured in Shenmue3 will be the ones Yu created and has total licence of, which I suspect doesnt include Virtua Fighter
by ReeceKun
Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm having trouble ripping shenmue models

I've been meaning to put together a guide on how to rip all models & textures from Shenmue 1 for a while now.
It IS possible to combine everything to get 100% model/texture data.

I've avoided it because it's a horrible time consuming process,
Once everything is ripped there are many things that need re-texturing (and if used with 3DripperDX re-deforming)
If you want to use characters you'll then need to Re-Rig the Body & Face

So If you don't know how to do basic things in 3DS Max or (the totally insane) Blender, there's no point thinking about it.
--------------------------------------
I've been talking about ripping Shenmue completely for 10+ years now,

I 'sort of' expect a re-release of Shenmue 1 & 2 before Shenmue 3 (which I expect Shen3 will come 2019)
I think releasing Shen3 without Shen 1&2 is a bad idea, but if thats what the fans paid for thats what they will get

I plan to rip each area,item/object/character (fixed/unrigged) as seen ingame and unmodified, into a 3DS format. Spening time on ripping to find a Shen1&2 PC release would be slightly frustrating but the price I pay for waiting so long.

If Shen 1 & 2 isnt re-released before Shenmue 3, Then I will then release all ripped models I have collected/combined/fixed

Then I think the best idea would be then to re-create Shenmue 1(at least) in Unreal Engine 4 and possibly use some of the same animation, control, style that Shenmue 3 has to create a legit HD Fan Remake.

I'd like to begin production on such a project but on the other hand I'd like to create my own videogame, so for now everything I do is in the name of improving my 3D education
------------------------------------------
I will begin putting together a complete ripping guide (For Noobs), but as I have said It will require a general knowlege of 3DSmax or Blender.

3DRipperDX.1.8.2 will rip to OBJ but you need to edit the OBJ
and add
- mtllib frame_30.03.2017_15.55.14.mtl
at the top line of the OBJ in TXT
(replace _30.03.2017_15.55.14 with whatever the frame is called)

You also need an older version of NullDC 100b that contains the correct 'stereoscopic' GPL/Video Plugin (that I helped create for Shenmue Ripping) This basically means that It will rip depth , if you try with the newer NULLdc or Demul it will only rip flat pancake models (would be nice if the new NullDC was updated since better rips might be obtained with the widescreen patch)

You also need XP 32 bit version (I think it works in XP virtual mode on win7)

You can also get a Free Student Licence of 3DS Max that can be used for non-commercial and eductation.
There is a legitimate original source un-hacked/wared/spyed version of 2013 about but I dont recommend getting any versions from disreputable sources.
by ReeceKun
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic