Search found 922 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

I'm posting too many random and pointless posts right now. It's because I'm procrastinating. Time to get off of the dojo and go do some work.
by Thief
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: American vs. PAL vs. Japanese

I don't dislike the US boxart of Lost Odyssey I just freakin love the Japanese one. Kaim looks tired fits the theme, makes you wonder what kind of game would have such a pissed off protagonist.

JP
http://i.imgur.com/FWBtD.jpg
US
http://i.imgur.com/OZv5s.jpg
Oddly I like the US version better.
by Bluecast
Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

So Segata, what's this whole thing about Lost Odyssey you are going on about?
by Spokane
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Spokane wrote: So Segata, what's this whole thing about Lost Odyssey you are going on about?

by Bluecast
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:How many Toriyama's does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
The lightbulb was a dream and no longer exists.

Until a revelational sequel set 150 years later is revealed.

The Bulb Returns: Final Toriyama LXIX
by Dorian
Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

EX Troopers not coming to the West.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/sorry_lost_planet_fans_ex_troopers_isnt_coming_to_the_west

The forum member's original question actually related to the thorny issue of the Mega Man series, and a recent comment by Svensson that he feels the franchise has too many 'sub series'. To counter this argument, the forum poster mentioned EX Troopers based on the fact that it's a sub series of Lost Planet, seemingly making the assumption that the game would be heading out of Japan.

Svensson's response was:

No because EX Troopers isn't part of the LP series officially (thus the difference in name) nor are there plans to bring it Westward at this time.

So there you have it - Capcom isn't looking to translate and publish EX Troopers outside of its native Japan, where it launches on November 22nd of this year.

The only Lost Planet game I give a damn about...and we're not getting it. It seems like anything to do with Mega Man is cursed now.

Capcom continue to vie for the prize of most disappointing publisher and developer this gen with Konami.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd7mtr81ww[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Ending Songs

^^I was going to put that in my next post before you beat me to it. :)
EDIT: Segata, I mean.

Posted this once in the topic you just mentioned.
I just love how un-pop it is. It comes off as really classy in a way. Just a really nice tune.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clOQmsGFCsA[/youtube]
by OL
Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That shit's happenin to me right now. Not because of the Dojo, but because the missus won't leave me the fuck alone. I mean, seriously, do couples really have to be in the same room as eachother every single second of the day? Do people not realise that bein in the same room as someone workin is a huge distraction? ESPECIALLY when they've put the fucking TV on!!!
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

for Segata, Dorian, and Sonikku.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feQR5Bf4ZJI[/youtube]
by AnimeGamer183
Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aggravating gaming moments

A topic to talk about times you flipped your lid about a game. Not talking specificly broken controllers but more generally like so..

Once I was literally seconds away from turning in my last mission in Boarderlands to hit level 50 and get my platinum trophy, took a couple months to reach that point as I don't have a million years to play games anymore.
Suddenly as im walking my character over to the mission turn in point, the game crashes and save file goes corrupt.
Got mad, traded it in, even wrote a email to Gear Box about it. Hah..

Now it's free on PS+ and playing through it again just to ding 50 and finally get that stupid unnecessary platinum.
I rarely really try for Plats or 100% so that was pretty frustrating.
by Axm
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Chapter 2 Recruitment [UPDATED: 17/10/2012]

Roles Available

Concept Artist
It will be up to you to create our Art Bible. The devil's in the details, and we need those details. You'll be required to do a little bit of research in order to nail down that Shenmue style, and give the boat, amongst other things, a certain level of authenticity.

Mapper
We have basic layouts, but we need layouts fit for a game. You need to be highly versatile, able to make multiple changes throughout the project to incorporate any gameplay segments that are cut from or added to the game.

How to Apply

Please don't apply in this topic. I want you to PM me. Tell me what you're good at, what you're not good at, how much time you have, when you can work on it, when you can't work on it, and above all, show me how determined you are. I care for determination just as much as I do for skill. I'll review your application, and let you know whether or not you're successful (which you likely will be by default anyway) Your first task will be given within the next few days of being invited to the project, along with your account privilege upgrade.

Future Roles

Keep your eye on this topic, because more roles will become available in the very near future.

In the meantime, feel free to say what you like, pitching ideas or discussing the project itself. And FYI, this is not one of those projects that won't come to fruition. If I can't build a team on the Dojo, I will build one elsewhere, but this project is happening, and it will be completed, but it will take a long time, and the team will require encouragement and support from the community that they're doing this for.

Thank you.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

^That game looks really good.

I bought:

by Henry Spencer
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea, pretty much.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

She obviously didn't care about you enough if she killed it so quickly.

Feels awful when the only friend you had doesn't give two shits. I'm just not the type of person to be alone, I need a social life otherwise I'm unhappy. I know some people who are content with being by themselves but I'm not one of them, I guess.

Here huuuuuu mps .

Fixed.
You know it's what you meant to say.
by OL
Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Sick in an awesome way considering the best things about Wiiu are all ram and storage related which is actually the biggest thing you need for action games.
Yeah, I saw Wii U's specs just before seeing the Bayo 2 teaser. Thought the same thing when I noticed that it has so much RAM (for a console). It would also do good to an open world game like SHAMOOOO 3. Suzuki, bent your ass before Iwata if you have to!!!
by Dorian
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Gaming Characters, Designs, and Artwork

I don't get it.

I've always felt Genzoman's art was so generic and very amateurish. Its like he's almost got it, he can get the structure in there but how do his designs stand out from other deviant art members?

I know its "your" favorite, but how do you differentiate him from a ton of other people who all have the same style? Is it just because of Double Dragon Neon?

also this is his profile: http://genzoman.deviantart.com/

Wasn't really aware of him before. I agree it's nothing special in the grand scheme of comic-style artwork, but western-made videogames rarely tend to show off a good "cartoony" style, so this stood out to me when I played the demo. It's not about the designs being particularly creative or anything, I just like how smooth and clean the style is.

Should probably change the topic title I guess. I wasn't trying to imply that this was actually a favorite , just that I liked the artwork.
by OL
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Seriously can't decide on launch games. Darksiders 2, Sega Racing 2, Mario Wiiu (I have a soft spot for Yoshi), Zombiu, and Ninja Gaiden 3

Earn a little cash suck some dick get them all everybody wins...except some of those men might give you a cold sore....hmmmm
by Bluecast
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seriously can't decide on launch games. Darksiders 2, Sega Racing 2, Mario Wiiu (I have a soft spot for Yoshi), Zombiu, and Ninja Gaiden 3
Earn a little cash suck some dick get them all everybody wins...except some of those men might give you a cold sore....hmmmm
I'm getting the 32GB Wii U and so far Wii U is really stepping up to the plate I'm pretty excited too. When I get a job I'll definitely pick one up.

The Wii U storage media is confirmed to be Blu-ray based and support up to 25 GB of data per disc, at 22.5 MB/s data transfer rate. Nintendo might reveal more Wii U specs tomorrow at the event in New York. Here's hoping that means it will play Blurays too. I mean, only PS3 does right now so they'd be silly not to. (Course, they were silly not to let Wii play DVDs.)
No it won't Nintendo doesn't like to pay license fee's. Also remember Wii discs were not DVD but Wii Optical media. Wii U will also be proprietary. Good thing is like Wii I bet homebrew let's you play blu ray like DVD on Wii.
Looking at the launch window this might be one of the better launch lineup in quite some time. Sure some are ports but ports of some good games. Also very varied. Are you more the casual type? They have some of those for that/ Are you more of the Call of Duty type they got that also. Are you just in for varied genres like Action Adventure sports strategy (well sorta but not really) Horror? RPG? It's there at launch.

I think Nintendo finally got it where they failed with 3DS,DS,Wii, GCN and N64. Yeah all those had a weak launch.
Hope they talk about monolith's game soon.
http://s14.postimage.org/vrdwmomgx/combo_breaker.jpg
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did you play the 360(real) version?

Hell yeh. :D Fuck you know what? I'm gonna start all over again tonight. I still haven't beaten the Angel Slayer challenge either...

Well think back to what prompted you to buy the 360 and/or PS3.

In fairness, I always come to new consoles late. I think when I got the 360 I had FIFA 08, Project Gotham Racing 4, Splinter Cell Double Agent and Oblivion. It's not just one game for me, I need to know that there's already a handful of games I'd like to have out at the time and what to expect to come out for it in the near future. I dunno, not really digging it with the Wii U launch at the moment.
by Tuffty
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Again being fair, only 1 of those is exclusive. Its early yet and if you don't see anything that appeals to you, then thats that but if you see a few more exclusives and old games you wanted that came out multiplat (Double agent was on gamecube and ps2) then keep an open mind. stuff like HnK2 are way off, so it might be worth it by then.

I will. I jumped the gun as I thought Bayonetta 2 was a launch title but apparently not. So say by the time it comes out you'll have that, ideally a bunch of other titles that look good (P-100, Rayman..) and maybe some hints on whats to come out of the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid...Very promising, might be a good time for me to pick it up then. :D

oh yea theres also going to be a wiiu version of HnK: Ken's Rage 2 YOU WA SHOCK!

Can you imagine if they get you to frantically tap on the screen as Ken is doing the Hundred Crack Fist? Now that's a system seller! And maybe shout HOKUTO HYAKURETSU KEN!! after doing it. Hell I'll do it anyway, thinking about it.
by Tuffty
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monolith Soft is developing a game for Wii U, as well. Their title was not revealed during Nintendo Direct, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said Tetsuya Takahashi and the Xenoblade team are creating the game. This will be a new title not tied to an existing series.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/xenoblade-team-creating-new-game-for-wii-u/
by Bluecast
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. After having 100% on the first two on 360, it's finally time to beat this one. I must say, even though BK fans tend to diss this one, I love it. It's basically classic Banjo-Kazooie, except the transformations of old are replaced by building your own 'transformations'. The platforming element is much reduced, but that's OK. In my opinion, most of those who decry Nuts & Bolts for not being a platformer probably haven't played Banjo-Tooie. That game took the old BK platforming formula to it's ultimate extent.

Aside from the graphics, there's really nothing they could have improved. 'Tooie is massive, and the later levels are ridiculously-complex. The levels are all interconnected, and some jiggies require a lot of work. I remember one in Jolly Roger's Lagoon which requires work in three different worlds to get. Nuts & Bolts is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Not just a great game, but a great BK game. Such immense fan-service in N&B.
by Martin
Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVj0vApIlAk[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played the trial version for Mark of The Ninja and really enjoyed it. Makes you feel like a total badass when you enter a room and work out and execute all the steps you need to kill everyone in the room without being spotted. So good in fact, I bought the full version straight away. Definately recommend it if you liked the Tenchu series approach to being a ninja or if you also like being a sneaky fucker.
by Tuffty
Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian wrote: I can't decide between Yakuza: Dead Souls and DMC HD Collection. Any thoughts?

Capcom don't need the money.
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

Bluecast wrote:I boycott the whole idea of saying "I'm leaving" I'm back"

Just freaking go and shut up and when ready come back and post as normal.

Otherwise it's lame. IMO

Fucking lol
by QWERTY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be fair though, the Wii had a lot of shovelware. Then again, so did the DS and that's one of the best gaming systems I've ever owned.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Starfy is great (only played the DS one). Nemo on the NES always looked awesome (kind of creepy too, since he puts animals to sleep and then climbs inside their mouths to control them :lol: ).
by OL
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Nice work wdrpgwd :)

the library
by wude
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I think it's kinda worthless they're even having an 8GB model. The basic model is silly but I guess they want a model to say they launched at 299. It does kind of suck for those who want it in white but realize the black one is a better deal. (Me) It's not that big of a deal but I would have rather just had two identical models with different colors.
by Yukupo
Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What many people overlook at these chinese factories is that much like US Miners in the 1800's they are owned by the company housed on company property and only paid in company currency which they can spend at the company shop. Why the Ernie Ford song. I know MS & Nintendo deal with these companies as well but apple just straight shrugs it off like they don;t give a shit. Apple is 1984. Being successful is one thing but Apple is as dirty as it gets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0
by Bluecast
Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

You know, now that I think about it, all three of this gen's western Yakuza releases have already provided me with nostalgia (or, at the very least, memories that will eventually become nostalgia).
With Y3, 4, and Dead Souls, I can very clearly remember getting up early, buying them on release day, making lunch while the install process goes on, playing them as much as I could before work, all the way through to the days (usually sometime in the morning) that I would end up beating them. It really only just dawned on me now, but most current gen releases didn't do that for me. I remember the games themselves, of course, but I don't necessarily have fond memories of what was going on while I was playing them.
The Yakuza releases (and Binary Domain as well) all gave me that sort of "Christmas morning" sense of excitement at finally getting to play them all, kind of like how I can still remember my first time playing MGS or Wonder Boy in Monster World.
That's something special.
by OL
Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tales of Symphonia.
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like what I've played so far despite most the missions so far seeming to have me simply going back and forth but im only a couple hours in.

Its always fun running over zombies.
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I played the demo for Binary Domain.

I...I..liked...playing a shooter........
by Bluecast
Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Went to a friends house and sang the promise on a table. There was no rock band, only Chrono Trigger.

by Bluecast
Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is the new Robocop suit for real? Please tell me it's a sad joke... :shock:
by Dorian
Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, I know that. I didn't misunderstand that part.
I was just saying how retarded it was that I was expecting to just hear the quick little sound clip when I clicked on it, but was instead met with an "embedding disabled, watch on youtube" message. Had me laughing at how unnecessary and stupid it was to disable embedding on a two-second clip, something which is practically made for embedding.
**insert obligatory Asian gif here**
http://i.imgur.com/jywMV.gif
by Dorian
Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

I like apple cider. Just felt everyone should know that.

Oh I've got to be on topic? uhhh well. Regardless of if his tools changed or ir if his fingers got cut off, or if he had some kind of epiphany. His TOOLS changed, which is to be expected.

Personally I'm down with the 80/90s anime look because it was more vibrant to me.

How bout now?
http://i.imgur.com/gFn4B.png
by Dorian
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

Different? Changed. :lol:

You guys are silly.
by Thief
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Trois" is already done, actually. It's gonna be called "UN, DEUX, TRES". But i'm gonna wait to see if this thing will be picked up, made, and actually make bank at the box office before even pursuing the sequel.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Lamewad is not lame at all guys, he sent me 3 games free to me.

by Spokane
Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing Boarderlands 2. Its really the same exact game just with better locations, guns and more quality missions. I like it. Fun and addicting game.
by Axm
Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic