Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: How Virtua Fighter saved the PSX

MiTT3NZ wrote: What's all this "saved" shit? "Made" is the most appropriate word.

very good point
by ShenmueAddict
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

I recently went for a short break on the Isle of Wight, there are a few cool game shops over there which i visited, i bought a brand new dreamcast and i also picked up 4 games for my collection, these were; Test Drive 2: The Duel, Skeleton Crew, Record of Lodoss War & Looney Toons space race.

http://shenmue-uk.com/Cars/NewDreamcast.jpg
Brand new DC, sexy! Note the colour difference on the second controller connection, one of the controllers from my old console. The Whole console was yellowed to fuck.

http://shenmue-uk.com/Cars/NewGamesAugust2012.jpg

Test Drive 2: The Duel (Genesis) - I picked this up on a whim, i dident go out my way to find this game, but saw it sitting there on the shelf and it jumped out at me because i used to rent it when i was a kid so nostalgia made me buy it, was very risky at a fiver lol i was actually pleasently surprised, it was better than i remember it being! i love the fact its one of the very first "driving sims" rather than arcade racer, as you get an in car view with steering wheel and gauges, and rather than circuits its open road (like the first NFS) with a rival car, traffic, roadside cops and the need to stop for Gas! superb cheap buy.

Skeleton Crew (Megadrive) - another impulse buy just out of curiosity, more risky at a tenner, but i saw the "Core" logo and knew it couldent be bad. Turns out this is an awesome game, Isometric shooter with co-op mode or single player. Pumping soundtrack and lots of action, how had i not played or heard of this before? it has made me want to go out and buy "The Chaos Engine" on Megadrive, otherwise known as "Soldiers of Fortune" to your Americans, made by Bitmap Brothers so has got to be good (and it does look and sound excellent from video's ive seen)

Record of Lodoss War - This was on my "wants" , think i paid about £15 but was well worth it, was just as good as i remember it being 10 years ago, an awesome action rpg, am loving it again!

Looney Toons space race - Only ever played this as a Demo back in the day of ODM & loved it, always wanted the full version. Finally picked it up for a tenner , bargain IMO ive seen it go for more on Ebay, top game aswell, not disapointed at all with this one either.

Good haul this time round, very pleased. Its nice to actually go out and buy games in a shop for a change rather than ebay, and nice to buy retro games in a shop. Ashame GAME ruined GameStation by taking away their retro, i really miss browsing retro stuff. Love the Independants, but they are hard to find.
by ShenmueAddict
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Ah yes Condemned is excellent!, thats what the Wii U needs, a Condemnded 3! as does the ps3 & XB ;)

but SEGA doesent seem to like number 3's do they? ;)
by ShenmueAddict
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Fuck off Sega you can shove your Yazuza up ya ass we want SHENMUE
by ShenmueAddict
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Key we need to Make Shenmue last push succesful Now!

I was late to do my pledge, just pledged the 80$ option tonight, cant afford to do any more though
by ShenmueAddict
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will you experience Shenmue 3 with another person?

The whole point of the game imo is to immerse yourself into the world of Ryo Hazuki, become Ryo Hazuki , this can only truly be done when playing alone not with someone watching over your shoulder or 'commenting' on certain scenes etc
by ShenmueAddict
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

keep them in some instances like entering new region and inside large buildings, but for much less time than before
by ShenmueAddict
Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic