Search found more than 2761 matches

Return

Re: Last thing you bought

I just want to thank you for not being isheep
I know what you mean!

http://s15.postimage.org/sm1fmbobv/Xperia_Tablet_S_13_with_Coverwith_Keyboard1.jpg

Those are on the wishlist.

Recently bought:

http://s10.postimage.org/d9s0qjya1/61r_DOPH8_Jq_L_SL500_AA300.jpg
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Hello, everyone! I am unbanned! I was having an email back-and-forth with Yama a while ago, requesting to be unbanned. He unbanned me then, but when I checked I could not log in and was still banned. As if somebody had overruled his decision. You'd have all had Martin-love months ago if it were not for that. I don't know how many years I've been gone (three/four?), but my love for Shenmue has never wavered. When asked, I still tell people my favourite game ever is Shenmue.

I must say, I am deeply-moved by the 'FREE MARTIN' campaign. I didn't realise I had any impact on these boards at all. It seems some of you have been holding a lit candle for me in these dark, Dojo-less years. Thank you! From memory, I was banned by Ryudo after I said something to him. I can't remember what I said, but I do remember feeling like I didn't deserve a banning. I also remember feeling back then that newly-appointed staff member Ryudo had let all that admin power go to his head. I remember him administering warnings and bannings left right and center.

It seems a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. QWERTY just sent me a PM attempting to fill me in on what has happened, but in all honesty I couldn't make hide nor hare of it. Not QWERTY's fault. I gather things came to a head with Ryudo, and gradually he began to adversely-affect this community? That's about all I can make out.

Whatever has happened, I think the key word here is community . I know that when I was here last, this place had real character. It was more than just a Shenmue board. We had all kinds of extremely-intelligent members, like the guy with the top hat cat? What was his name? Mr-something? Then there were members who would mask their intelligence under humour, which was also a cool thing. Mostly they'd participate in a funny or irreverent way, and occasionally they would reveal their intelligence through extremely-insightful posts. People like Mittenz.

I feel I must apologise if I had ever acted incorrectly. Perhaps I did deserve to be banned. After all, who gets banned and thinks "Yeah, I deserved that"? From what I remember, I used to complain about signature sizes and coloured text. Little things used to annoy me, and rather than suck it up, I would air my puny grievances as if they were major problems. For that, I apologise.

Hopefully whatever bad blood has occurred since I've been away can be laid to rest. Shenmue Dojo has always been one of those great rare things - a gaming community who, in addition to a love for a particular series, have an ability to post and discuss extremely interesting topics which have nothing to do with games, but the world we live in, and the people we must live in it with.

Most of all, it's great to be back!
by Martin
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

I think Blue is a good guy and have nothing against him personally, I'm not going to bash him like a ton are now suddenly doing. A decent amount of people bashing were the same few claiming he was the glue that tied the Dojo together. Plain and simple, he messed up and perhaps he was that glue during another era, but not this one. Needless to say, one mistake doesn't totally change how I feel about a person. If he were to post as a regular user, I doubt anyone would truly oppose it, at least not now while on level ground. At the very least I give my props in saying that he knew he wasn't mod material anymore, so left on his own accord. Obviously the rest was inevitable, but the fact that he did it himself, I have a level of respect for that (outside of de-modding someone else). I still like Blue and always will, in fact it'll be easier to have a friendship without the stresses of him having to staff it up here.
by Yama
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I win I lose I win you win. I'm not Dave Chappelle

Good luck with whatever illness you have. But yeah, your actions in your time as Dojo commander will never be forgotten. Worst moderator ever.

Does is anger you to see that I'm unbanned, and there's nothing you can do about it? :lol:
by Martin
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't get overly involved so I didn't talk shit but just stayed out of it since others were much more involved in the case. If we forget about the forum issues for a while, you're also one of the members from the early Shenmue-community days which indeed counts for something maybe. During your "non-stressed out" periods you were one of the people keeping things active by posting etc.

And I can imagine that the news you got takes a lot of weight off your shoulders.
Warning : boring summary following to make a point ;)

Now I'm not in a situation AS bad but paperwork for absence from work due to health issues. Today everything got messed up again (wrong appointment made by others, drove to the right place, had to park 2km away due to road work, they didn't get all papers from the first people, walked back, drove to the first place again, they didn't recognize the forms etc.). So it forced me to invent some backup plan while they try to sort things out.
This will probably also mess up a course that I wanted to take due to conflicting schedules. And besides that there was another case hanging for about a year. At the same time I was solving an issue where I used to live (Sweden) regarding university applications. But they lost forms I sent, forgot about my case etc. but...I'm not lashing out at others here for it ;)

The point that I want to make is that many people have a lot of stuff to deal with in their lives. Again, not as bad always as your heart problems. But still it would be messed up if everyone here started going berserk and mention later that it's due to personal problems, you know? I'm not judging but it's better to maybe fix things first or just lurk if real life seriously gets in the way?

Oh, and I didn't join your forums but read a bit now and then. Nothing personal but I'm very busy these days and restrict myself by not registering at an extra place.

PS I didn't know yet that Martin was back. Just saw it now, late as usual I assume? :P
by ys
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations on getting your disability money, blue! I'm really pleased to hear that. I'm also pleased that your now more stress free.

I know you probably only had good intentions when making this topic, but these kinds of threads just seem to be fueling the fire again, right now. And now it's starting to get into another pointless and depressing tit for tat.

Whats done is done, it's the past now, it's gone. If you want to start posting here again, it's best to just post about normal stuff, and leave the past in the past now. It's the fastest way to move on. To keep bringing it up again will do no good.
by mue 26
Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GEN 2 GEN my Youtube channel

Nice vid whens part 2 up?
by lavrentis
Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

It was so overwrought with conventions, it amazes me that his films are as popular as they are.

It shouldn't. Most people don't look at movies from the more technical "film student's" point of view, obviously. Most people just watch a movie to forget the world and be entertained, and his movies are good at accomplishing exactly that.
And before you say that his movies aren't entertaining, keep in mind that entertainment is a subjective concept to begin with. Just because you don't find enjoyment in something doesn't mean that the majority of others can't.
Most people just don't take the subject of film as seriously as a film student would, so they aren't hung up on certain things as much.
by OL
Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

450x200 should be the max.

I think 400x150 looks about normal.

Should throw this in the TOS.
by Yama
Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

What bothers me is that Kojima seems to be backpedaling...there's nothing fresh about this game, it sounds like MGS3: Less Linear Edition. At least with Rising, we're getting to not only play as Raiden again (waaaay overdue), but we also play as a ninja character, something the fans have wanted ever since Grey Fox in MGS1. This, on the other hand, just sounds exactly like MGS3 and Peace Walker combined into one game. Really smacks of laziness.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

After 30 pages, there are lots of explosions and action scenes. And Megan Fox is called April o'Niel in this one. And she loves Apple products too.

And Casey Jones is a ripoff of Shia from Trasnformers.
by Kenny
Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

This homeless guy begging for change. Get a real fucking job, stumpy.
by Bastard Yusuke
Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Then why are you paying so much attention to it?
by OL
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

Says Mr. Nitpicky.
by Kenny
Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Gaming Characters, Designs, and Artwork

Nemeroth from Warhammer 40K: Space Marine.
The armor design is just insane. And when he shows up, it gives the game this really sudden "hellish" vibe that it just didn't have before (being a far-future science fiction actioner and all). Just a very effective character design.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2dtp1t5.jpg
http://oi49.tinypic.com/34hub8g.jpg
by OL
Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games/Systems/Peripherals you recently bought

For someone I hate with a passion, you sure have a fabulous taste in retro video games. If I could stop myself from caving your fucking head in, we could have some excellent times together with our respective collections. I have modified: Mega Drive, Super Famicom, and N64 with a wide collection of games for all three. I have some other stuff non-modified, with less-extensive collections. My favourite items are my limited edition NTSC Majora's Mask and my Bare Knuckle III.

http://i46.tinypic.com/4gi3c5.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/zthyx1.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/rr32xd.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2mmxwtd.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/k1cord.jpg
by Martin
Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

I think that honor goes to 4Chan.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH8Wke4RfQk[/youtube]
by Kenny
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

I read teepo was in Sweden so I don't think it was him
What was your old account here? It's obvious you were a previous member.
"I read" I've been here for nearly 7 months now, it's pretty hard to not know what has happened in the past here when members make "nostalgic" posts every few days, there's also the search button at the top of the page
by south carmain
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

mue 26 wrote:Yeah, he comes across as a bit pretentious at times...

A bit is putting it far too nicely.
by OL
Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly Dorian you say you don't complain about everything but since you came back a day or two ago all you have done is complain about games. Even Yakuza you said you like but have said about 20 times that it's unplayable. FFS give it a rest. If you don't like a game fair enough state your case but every time there is a new trailer or someone says something we don't need to hear it again.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian wrote: People looked forward to Communism as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you.
by Kenny
Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A sense of humbleness is always good. Makes me respect someone more when they create great things, yet refrain from boasting or playing themselves up.
Maybe one reason I tend to like several Japanese devs more than most western ones I ever see.
You watch an interview with a Japanese creator (of games or otherwise), and they don't typically talk your ear off about how artistic their work is, or spout things like "get ready to have your mind fucked by awesomeness!"
A lot of times they just say "we tried to do this" and "we tried to do that", and end it by saying "please enjoy our game. Thank you."
Maybe it's a silly reason to like or dislike certain things, but it tends to make me appreciate one product over another sometimes when I know its creators aren't obnoxious blowhards.

Cage's newer games might be good for all I know (like Kenny said, last one I played was Indigo Prophecy, and it was terrible). But I won't indulge them, because I already know that Cage is an obnoxious blowhard (to an absolute extreme), and I have no desire to support his work if he's like that.
by OL
Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Riku and @Ryudo: I don't care what you two have to say about my posts. I write them to let my thoughts out. Just ignore me if they bother you. But it's funny that Riku never reads anything I have to say carefully because each time he summaries something I said, it's full of errors.

The fact is I can't ignore it. All topics turn into is people arguing with you over something pathetic because you keep going on about it. As I said feel free to say that you don't like a game but 10 posts on how you think the new MGS sucks because Kojima sucks at writing isn't needed. You got your point across at first and some people disagree.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Back..

Who ever said you were Stalin? I'd say Trotsky.
by KiBa
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your right it's social interaction. If in a year your hanging out with two friends who like the new MGS game you may say you dislike it. If they keep talking about it and their experience over the next few weeks you don't keep going on about how you hate it. It's socially retarded and will piss people off. You've stated your case now let people talk about it without forcing your opinion down their throat.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Darksiders

Yes it does, in fact for a minute I thought it was officially licensed as a Darksiders product. :lol:
by Spokane
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a public board and I will say what I want and when I want no matter if somebody likes it or not. I wouldn't be friends with people who can't indulge in constructive criticisms just because they like something that I dislike. Compromising because others think differently is pathetic. You're also being as selfish as Ryudo. You really can't understand that somebody might be equally pissed by your carefree posts about each game you play. Your idea of social interaction is a childish one, the kind of interaction between a school bully and those who he keeps on a leash made of fear.

I'm all for debates on this forum it was one of the reasons I so badly wanted Clint and Martin back.

What I'm saying is we don't need to hear the same reason over and over again. About 4 years ago at work my friends would talk about CoD for hours on end. At first I just said I wasn't really into the game and said why. Every time they talked about it from then on I wouldn't butt in and say why I dislike it again. I'd let them talk and enjoy themselves since at the end of the day it's just rude.

Oblivion and Skyrim are games that I have no interest in and from every trailer I have seen I find things I don't like the look of. When someone made the thread I simply said I wasn't impressed and left it at that. The main reason being that maybe someone could tell me why I should be. Now every time a trailer got posted I wouldn't say how it looks like shit again since people already know I don't care for it. It just comes across as rude and ruins the topic for the other people.

Now it is different if when FFXV comes out and people have played it to debate on it. OL may say it's the best FF game ever while Clint feels it has a poor story compared to others. They are keeping the topic going and bringing up points rather then just stating that the director is talentless non stop.

There is a fine line between debating and being a douche to those who want to talk about a topic.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hate shouldnt exist at all. I dont hate a single thing in my life. Nothing at all. Hate, for me, is an element of someones personality who has a deep and emotional imbalance within themselves. I aint a Hari Krishna, banging tambourines going on about love, but hate?? Christ lifes too short man. Move on to something else if you feel hated for something.
by Peter
Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm confident in my insecurity!

Wait...
by Thief
Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Ico HD. Struggling to see what all the fuss is about tbh.

I thought it was a cracking little game but not one of the top 10 best ever games which it always seems to creep up in. I much preferred SotC and loved the look of Last Guardian.

While it's a nice little game, and I do appreciate a break from the norm, I can't help but feel having to fend off those little black bastards every time you discover a new area feels a little bit like padding out the longevity of the game somewhat. SotC is great though.
ICO is a virutal trip back to your childhood dreams... if you had dreams like that. If you didn't, you will just find a shitty little platformer.

I just played it for the first time a few months ago and loved it. I just proved your argument invalid.
by Spokane
Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fuck me the latest Skyrim download is bugged.

Oh, and shut up, Dorian.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

True enough, the junk had been dying for a while
You said it, not us.
could have been revived properly
Days without use is not proper, no.
I will definitely call out the fuck ups made in the future. Dick move guys, dick move.
Cool story bro.

God forbid you expressed any type of gratitude towards any of the good we do around here. Seem like a one trick pony to me, harping on not even what's negative, but what you perceive to be negative. Must suck.
by Yama
Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Pussy.

Shenmue was ahead of its time in so many ways.
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Kenny

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346942241.jpg

Beeddle

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346906851.jpg

Brothaman

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346924045.jpg

Sonikku

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346933798.jpg

Qwerty

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346893302.jpg

peter

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346886429.jpg

Ziming

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346884733.jpg

Ryudo

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346892325.jpg

Yama

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1346911553.jpg
by Master Kyodai
Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Ah, I get it. Mitt Romney. I dunno whether to like the post or to be offended...

Offended ? Mittens, it's a joke thread. Everything said here is in jest. :lol: Weren't you talking earlier about how being in England makes you able to take it all in stride while people elsewhere get overly sensitive about everything? :P
by Sonikku
Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pheonix Skin

The Phoenix skin is actually in a box, behind a wall, in the secret basement beneath the Dojo.
by KiBa
Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Since things have settled here now, it was time to cut the old one loose and let it become past of the Dojos illustrious history. Its what i originally planned for it when i created it, and always knew at some stage that it would be closed off and restarted. They are sort of milestones, and topics that can be looked back upon to see stupid arguments, memorable moments and posts from members who have since moved on. Its also good for current members to use itt and look back upon it as a specific point in time, from good advice they have given, to members who were huge douches. They can look back on their major douchness and say in years to come, "man, i was a royal douche back then!"

A fresh new start.

So here ya go, the new and fresh random thoughts thread! Dont think ya need any more instruction on whay to do! ;-)
http://i.imgur.com/bmJ3Q.gif
by Dorian
Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

Gunna have to agree with Ryudo on this one. I never really got into the Devil May Cry series, but from what I've seen from the reboot, I don't really want to.

It looks very - dare I say it?! - lame.
by Thief
Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

^That is an absolute classic scene.

But yeah, AG, you're just actin like a tit and not thinkin about this. What exactly is it about the Junk forum that you need? What is it about the Sony, Microsoft, etc. forums that you need? The majority of games out there are multi-platform now, and anything that isn't can have the topic edited to have [PS3] written at the beginning if it's exclusive to that console.

And Sonikku, you're blowin this way out of proportion. There's a massive difference between a forum community and the structural layout of said forum. The forum layout will never define the community, it's the people that will, and to suggest otherwise is pure bollocks.

However, at the same time, I must sympathise. At age 14 I had to wave goodbye to Maine Road, home of Manchester City, when we moved to the City of Manchester Stadium (now the Etihad Stadium) in 2003. I felt like the heart of our club had died, along with our former ground, and when we moved into the new one... it was dead. No atmosphere at all. I actually got into a lot of arguments and fights with out own supporters over the lack of noise they were making. I was even told to SIT DOWN. At a fucking FOOTBALL match. Happened countless times. We've come a long way since though, and it now feels like home. You just need to give it time. A lot of people hate change, but once you get used to it, you grow to love it. Not because you have to, but because you slowly and gradually make it your own. Your home. And that will happen for any one of you if you just give it time.

Another thing... I used to be on a huge Hip-Hop forum called NobodySmiling way before the Dojo, and it died because the owner got bored of Hip-Hop and changed it into a gaming forum, which ended up dying on it's arse. We recenty had a Facebook reunion of sorts, and the site's back under the guise of Still NobodySmiling. It's totally different, but none of that matters, because it's about the members, not the graphics, not the name of sub-forums, it's always the people that make it, and as long as youz still like and get on with the members, everything will be fine. So stop worrying about your "era" being gone, people are still here, the community is still here, and that's all that matters.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

I liked the old thread.

Oh yea back from vacation.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic