Search found 198 matches

Return

Re: So, yea, Tony Scott....

Really bummed out by this, True Romance has got to be one of my favorite films of all time.
by Riku Rose
Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QWERTY's super-happy GIF depository thread

Mitsuzuki wrote:

Seen this before and I LOVE it! :lol:
by QWERTY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

No offense guys but all of this is getting slightly pathetic. I guess things haven't really cooled down that much... As I said in another topic. It's like some bitterness hanging around which wasn't there before.

Everything/everyone has cooled down except for one person. The drama and rows that plagued these boards for so long had ceased, except for one person (who ironically said that they left because of all the drama. Coincidence?? I think not!). Either way, this place as a community will survive, and we will do our utmost to make sure that's so. The community is bigger than 1 Shenmue fan, or 1 person. So if this person has no place within the community, then we will ensure that they are not welcome here to take part.

One last thing, well done to Henry for handling this tonight. The word "Thanks" doesn't get used often enough on these boards, except outside of a button. But he handled tonight extremely well, with the skills he was selected to be a moderator. Hats off dude =D>
by Peter
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Something Cool you saw today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m3-xw_BOwo[/youtube]
by Martin
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

The attention topic is over.
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

I never understood why people care about post counts.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a PM

n00dl3s was a strange guy but he did introduce me to what would become one of my favorite artists, Boards of Canada.

Good recommendation. They've made some amazing stuff. Have you heard this? It's a remix of an old 80s tune they did under a different pseudonym.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkXxQL-nyQw
by QWERTY
Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

Bluecast wrote:I boycott the whole idea of saying "I'm leaving" I'm back"

Just freaking go and shut up and when ready come back and post as normal.

Otherwise it's lame. IMO

Fucking lol
by QWERTY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamedof himself!

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's in Yu's nature or indeed his culture to openly point the finger at Sega just to take the heat off himself. Even though he's independent he still has a working relationship with the company, so it would not be "good form" to publicly distance himself from their mistakes. He's said enough here and there to make it clear that the situation's been out of his hands, most specifically that if given the opportunity he would like to make Shenmue III. To go into detail on the knockbacks he has received behind closed doors at Sega HQ would risk putting a strain on their continued business association.

That's why it's up to the fans to go to bat for him and make it known where the fault lies, because Yu's too nice a guy and far too professional to labor the point himself.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Had a fucking fantastic night with Marcin! Drink was flowing, Irish music was going full blast..... Bet the dude will miss Beal Feirste at lot more than he thought he would!!

Plus on a side note, it was pure fucking epic to sit and talk to another bloke for a few hours about Shenmue, face to face. Never done that before in my life! An unbelievable night!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/20121003_213128.jpg
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Started my learning Japanese classes. It's gonna be pretty fun I think :)
by lavrentis
Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Co-op makes the game in my eyes. I had a blast playing co-op through the three main scenarios, but then once it got to the single-player-only Ada campaign, it just didn't feel as fun (ironically, Ada's scenario is -- as far as I've gotten -- much closer in style to the old RE games that everyone pines for; puzzles, slower pace, limited ammo). Still have yet to finish it.
And I'd say just go for the standard edition. The anthology would be amazing , if not for the fact that it's just got RE6 on the disc, and then a bunch of DLC vouchers for the rest of them. It'd be an amazing collection if it actually had all of them on-disc, but alas, that's not the case.
by OL
Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Where did Henry Go?

Just wanted to log in to say thanks for all the kind words, it really means a lot. I won't be coming back for the foreseeable future, but all the well wishes definitely encourage me to do so, in time. And it's okay that people know what happened, my apologies for disappearing like that.. I did realise I would be letting down some people on here, since I promised to do certain things for them (Dorian, Mittens, Ryudo, my apologies, I'll pay you guys back one day, bet on it). Also apologies to my fellow staff members (and Dojo forum members) for bailing out like I have, if I could turn back the clock, I would have contacted you guys and the Dojo with what was going on, I feel bad about it.

I also hope ThyDarkAngel is doing fine himself, he's going through with difficulties himself also. If you're reading this, take care of yourself and all the best. Same goes for any of you going through hard times right now. I wish all the best to all of the members on here [for example: Orange (hope you have the best damn wedding there ever is and ever will be) and Kenny (keep on living the dream)] in the future.

Don't want to make a big deal out of my absence, but seeing all of the posts in here, I felt I had to.

I vote Crimson Ryan or Kenny for mod!

I'll always be on PSN or my Hotmail if any of you guys fancy a chat. Sorry if this comes off as pretentious, I was just rather touched by all the nice messages.
You guys and gals are the best there is. See you around (and maybe again, in the future).
Be well.
Henry out.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue theme DLC in "Hell Yeah!™ Wrath of the Dead Rabbit"

A game called "Hell Yeah!™ Wrath of the Dead " has some new DLC content which includes Shenmue.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/10/24/hell-yeah-dlc-releases-today-adds-shenmue-jet-set-radio-and-more/

50 seconds in you'll see a customizations option with Shenmue selectable. Which appears to be the Dragon mirror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M70VI3e3u5I

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Screenshot_2012-10-25-14-50-28.png

It's not just the Shenmue themed wheel, but they include Ryo Hazuki costume among the selection.

http://hellyeah.sega.jp/dlc.shtml

It's after a long while to see the word "Shenmue" in "SEGA EXPRESS," their weekly online news letter, though they misspelled "Hazuki" in Kanji. :P
by Ziming
Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: QWERTY's super-happy GIF depository thread

The last two are particularly lol imo...

http://stripers247.com/images/flip-fail.gif

http://www.datgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/backflip-fail-faceplant.gif

http://www.stripers247.com/images/boof.gif

http://i.imgur.com/6RYy1.gif
by QWERTY
Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not all nostalgia. It had a huge impact on the industry as a whole, and popularized one of the biggest genres in the entire medium. It's a wildly important series and was, for its time, very well-made.
FPS's have advanced incredibly since then, but that doesn't negate Doom's merits.
We could go back to any game that was popular and influential in the past and claim that it's "in reality nothing that great," but it's just such a jaded point of view.
The fact that we've become accustomed to the intervening advances in gaming since then doesn't lessen the quality of past games. As different as modern FPS's have become, 2D FPS's may as well be considered a separate genre. And in that genre, Doom is excellent.
by OL
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo and Sega discussing the future of Shenmue ?

Here's a full yet probably rough translation of the article for those that are interested:

It has been reported by our insider that Nintendo whom after the successful announcement of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U has listened to gamers and is now in negotiations with SEGA about the future of the Shernmue Series, in such a situation Shenmue III might come to the Wii U with Nintendo being the international publisher and funder of the game.

When the first report of the game being released during the second half of 1999, in Japan creator Yu Suzuki, estimated the cost to be around $47 million.

2003 - Shenmue II was published in 2001 for the Dreamcast and 2002 for the XBOX, because of financial problems, SEGA currently has no plans to continue the series on their own. Nintendo however can be a big help by providing the long awaited sequel for the fans throughout the world.

It is also very memorable that Sonic Adventure 2 SEGA's first non-SEGA platform game after the end of the Dreamcast was released on Nintendo's own GCN.
by Superrayman3
Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

well I was very wrong that time, could have sworn this side of the map was the only place currently using it.. I am not sure what the point of DST is, but it seems pretty silly to me.
by AnimeGamer183
Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Man I just keep smiling and not on any pills now. Just that damn life is good. :mrgreen:
by Bluecast
Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rare Shenmue II DC video?

Mitsuzuki wrote: Sadly, the vol. 12 disc won't seem to load, although apparently it also has just a video.

I have the disc. Yes, it has just this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L9sdZ8r-Kg[/youtube]

Edit: URL fixed.
by Kiyuu
Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Look for another fucking job ASAP!
by Brothaman
Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What "makes" Shenmue for you?

Fucking yes. Restricting the player to what he or she could/would realistically do. Now that is a good answer.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RDR's a proper man's game. Fucking loved it.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RDR will make hair on your testicles even if you don't have them.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After a talk with Yama, i will be staying in my post, but some things will be changing. George will reveal more when things are a bit more ironed out. But finally after 21 and a half hours i can get some sleep, and end this day a lot happier than when i started. Oh and theres a ban on registrations so there will be no more bots until the security issues are fixed.

Night Dojo'ers :nice!:
by Peter
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today has finally arrived.

I have been talking about it, and planning it for a year, but today i leave Belfast and travel to Australia. To say i am nervous would be an understatement, but i will just keep powering through and try to enjoy the ride. I will be logging on as much as i can and keeping you updated, and i wont forget about here. :)
by Peter
Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The CAPS LOCK Thread

my caps lock is on per the conditions of the thread

although i am also holding down the shift key

because that is how i roll
by Sonikku
Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

I'm selling the original Polygram version of the Shenmue Orchestra soundtrack. Any collectors here looking? If you are then send me a message with an offer.
by Ziming
Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thinking about making a photography page on facebook. Just to more publicly share stuff like sights, videos, cars etc. Especially when it comes time to move back to Japan. One of my regrets last time I lived there was not taking enough pictures. Will have the page up soon and will link it here sometime for you folks.
by Axm
Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japans oldest gaming room and probably cheapest dorm

Mitsuzuki wrote: lol, the place doesn't even have heat.

that's pretty normal for Japan
by south carmain
Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MiTT3NZ wrote: Power Rangers man... not one guy here watched it as a kid n didn't wanna to stick their pre-popped penis in the Pink ranger.

by Brothaman
Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got confirmation today that i am now a departmental secretary for the cancer cate unit of the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney. $52000 a year. Nervous, but eager to start.
by Peter
Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Isn't this a great pic? It's great to see them together again after nearly 40 years off the big screen, and we get to experience it in our own lifetime!

by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Automotive Discussion

my Shenmue car 'tattoo'

by Luvly KM
Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic