Search found 219 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Excluded From Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed

No prob Bluecast. I guess we all just misunderstood each other. In any case, im sure the game will be good. Here's hoping for Ryo as DLC in Sonic racing and Doa5 :)
by ShenSun
Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Excluded From Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed

No prob Bluecast. I guess we all just misunderstood each other. In any case, im sure the game will be good. Here's hoping for Ryo as DLC in Sonic racing and Doa5 :)
I didn't mean to come across as harsh as I did. I just sometime do get a bit fed up sometimes and I guess over the years the thousands of topics of pouting I just got a bit niffed.

It's kool dude. No offence taken at all. Everyone has their opinions.

Let's get back on topic guys.
by ShenSun
Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: **VOTE FOR RYO TO (possibly) APPEAR IN SASASRT**

This NEEDS to make the front page of the site and possibly a youtube video by ziming etc.

Any chance of this happening?
by ShenSun
Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im in absolute SHOCK that this news is still not on the main page of the dojo and that there is no video promoting it.

Ryo should have 2x the amount of votes miku does according to its "fans".

where's the group that tweet the shenmue stuff to sega every month? where's the kenji guy from the french site and all his followers? wheres all those shenmue 3 youtubers, wheres all the dojo members? etc

I fear for the worse if the HD releases get the same support.

Those who are in a POSITION that have outlets to the FANS, use your POWER to get Ryo to number 1.

I really don't want to see Ryo not make the top 3 and then have all the shenmue fans that didn't support him bitch about how hes not in the game etc etc

sorry guys, Rant over. We rarely get an opportunity like this, so we really should go all out. Everyone who has supported so far, thank you.
by ShenSun
Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

damn guys, maximillian just posted a video asking everyone to vote for Segata Sanshiro. He gets like 20,000 - 30.000 views per video. If they all vote........

Although i dont mind seeing segata, we need Ryo to be up there with him.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtktiKyOSs8[/youtube]
by ShenSun
Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

Bloody hell, Ryo votes are shooting through the roof. I think hes gonna surpass miku at this rate.

Lets take her out and then go after the almighty Segata Sanshiro (who is ironically Ryos DAD) :/

well done everyone. Keep Promoting!
by ShenSun
Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually the bigger the numbers for any given character, the easier the conversation is to convince SEGA there is a call for that character, either as DLC or in a future game.

Put it this way, if we had 50,000 votes for any given character - that would be very hard to ignore when it comes to DLC requests. That's not a challenge BTW!

---
S0L
---

obviously no character is going to reach that figure, but lets continue to push ryo as hard as we can.
by ShenSun
Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

COD Fanboys, they crack me up.

Still the guy who wrote that is probably at 14 year old kid or a very sad adult, who no's lol.

bring on more "cartoony" and unique games i say.
by ShenSun
Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Try not to eat and drink to much lol.

I hope you all have an awesome day. :)
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Ryo Hazuki Statue from First4Figures.com

First 4 Figures announced on Christmas day that they will be creating a Ryo Hazuki statue. A teaser image was shown at the main site, they will start taking preorders in early 2013.
by ShenSun
Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

This game really does look gorgeous in HD. What the fuck is wrong with SEGA? Release it already, or just give it to another company. They clearly have no desire to do anything with the series. The same is true for most of their other franchises.

If only Shenmue belonged to a competent business.

Lets continue to hope :)
by ShenSun
Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2 Documentary (Real Life)

Hey guys,

I just came across this on youtube and thought it was pretty cool. Definitely check it out if you have a spare 20 minutes, and props to the dude who created it. :)

phpBB [video]
by ShenSun
Wed May 15, 2013 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

I think the main question that everyone wants to no is, WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO SHENMUE HD?
by ShenSun
Sat May 11, 2013 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Supposedly Confirmed for PS4

RKOSun 1 hour ago
i have enjoyed ur show dude but your continuous trolling towards shenmue fans is inexcusable. Are you doing it for more views or just to take the piss? Serious question.
Reply ·

playasiatv 47 minutes ago
We are doing it because it's being talked about all over the Hong Kong press. Such as in this article
http://www.hkgnews.com/19422/

This article refers to the corey marshal facebook pictures. For those who have listened to the sega nerd podcast interview, marshal stated that those pictures are NOT related to Shenmue 3.

This guy is simply a troll. Might be best to close this thread.
by ShenSun
Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

Hey guys,

With E3 being next week and the new consoles being shown off, i believe that this year is Shenmue's greatest chance to make a comeback, either in the form of an HD collection or part 3 as an exclusive.

Unfortunately, if it does not make an appearance (which it most probably wont), i do think that this will be a major nail in the Shenmue coffin.

What do you guys think?
by ShenSun
Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2D

Bloody awesome. Good luck mate and welcome to the Dojo
by ShenSun
Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE 3 NEEDS ITS FANS RIGHT NOW!! (OUR LAST CHANCE)

Hey guys,

so ive been browsing the net lately and came across this message on Giocorsi's twitter account

Gio Corsi ‏@giocorsi
So many great, amazing & hilarious asks! Monumental response so far and one week left to get your opinion in! DO IT! #BuildingTheList

If there was ever a time to get Shenmue recognized by a massive company who are willing to invest, this is it. In case your wondering, giocorsi is director of Sony's third party support studio. They are taking requests from fans on what games everyone would like to see make its way to the PS3 /PSV/Ps4

I suggest the following to help make Shenmue HD and 3 a reality

1) Tweet @giocorsi and say you want Shenmue. Or leave a comment on the official blog post

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/30/more-great-games-coming-to-playstation-via-third-party-production-team/comment-page-69/#comment-898366

2) The Team yu guys should promote this via all their outlets everyday until giocorsi stops taking requests. Encourage tweeting as much as you can.

3) Youtubers Adam Koralik and Ziming should make videos to encourage all their followers to recommend Shenmue to giocorsi....................(an actual video, not a comment that subscribers may or may not see)

4) Anyone who has a Neo gaf account needs to make a thread about voting for Shenmue, much like the final fantasy type 0 thread here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679333

5) Inform the Shenmue master guys and get their followers to do the same. Also update the dojo front page with this news.

6) Message other popular youtubers who are die hard Shenmue fans and ask for their help.

7) Post on any relevant message boards about Shenmue (ign, gamefaqs, etc)

Unfortunately, the dojo is not overflowing with all the Shenmue fans that are scattered across the globe. I think we need to reunite now more so then ever to help Shenmue make a comeback. Its not every day an opportunity like this arises.

THIS MAY BE OUR ONLY CHANCE. WE MUST STRIKE NOWWWWWW!!!!!

:twisted:

Thanks guys.

p.s please keep this thread separate from the other one. I feel this topic needs to stand out as much as possible. Thanks.
by ShenSun
Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 NEEDS ITS FANS RIGHT NOW!! (OUR LAST CHANCE)

@lets get sweaty

Make no mistake, I personally see Team Yu and Shenmue500k as the soul of the Shenmue fanbase. This thread was aimed at everyone who seeks a conclusion to the series or an HD upgrade to the original two titles.

It amazes me that Yakuza 5 has more requests than Shenmue. Henceforth, i believe everyone needs to chip in to make sure Shenmue is the number 1 title on gio corsi's list.

Unfortunately, what you said about Shenmue console fanboys is spot on. I think its safe to say that most of us will take Shenmue on whatever console at this point.

I guess my main two gripes about the entire thing was that this rare opportunity has not been promoted properly by all of our community, hence "south carmain" believing the event was over. Secondly, there are Shenmue fans in a better position than others to promote this occasion, such as the Shenmue master , owners of the dojo, youtubers, gafers etc. However, none of them seem to be doing so to the same degree as Team Yu, Shenmue 500k and anyone else who have been actively pursuing this chance. Ironically, they all want Shenmue HD and Shenmue 3?

I don't mean to come off as a complete ass. But i think if all our resources were completely used to their full potential, we would blow away any game on Gio's list, much like how Ryo did in that sonic racing poll.

Let us continue the good fight
by ShenSun
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2 The Movie (Complete)

Hey guys,

I found this on youtube earlier today. I don't no if this has been posted yet, but if it hasn't, then enjoy.

The entire movie is in the Japanese dub without subtitles, so good luck understanding it. It is also a little choppy at the beginning, but gets better as it goes on.

enjoy peeps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMmrWXN-0BY
by ShenSun
Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

i was actually gonna post this earlier today. As soon as i read this news, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "FUCK OFF SEGA", literally.

Remakes and re-releases depend on the fans? Really? What have the Shenmue Fans being doing for the past 12 years?????

Not to mention, the twiiter campaign that happens on the 3rd of each month.

Honestly, this company chats the most shit i have ever heard.

Maybe we can get this guys twitter account and include him in the monthly tweet. At the very least, Sega will probably come out and say "Shenmue is the most requested game", and then release sonic 2 the remake for the 7000000000th time. They will then say "see, we do listen to fans". Meanwhile, Shenmue will continue to be ignored.

This Company is a disgrace to their former self and the gaming industry. Keep chasing that call of duty dollar Sega. I'm pretty sure their next big title will be another Sonic or Aliens game.

:(

EDITTT

Awwww fuk, i just read there's a new Aliens game in the works by Creative Assembly. There's also a rumored Sonic game for the next gen consoles. Surprise, surprise SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I really do dislike this company at the moment :twisted:
by ShenSun
Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

The following is essential to the success of the next event.

1) Keep the regular hashtag (giveyutheshenmuelicence)

2) include sony's #buildingthelist in every tweet, as it also contains a large amount of Shenmue support.(Hell, it's what made sony take notice of the ip in the first place.)

3) include sega, sony, adam boyes, giocorsi and mark cerny in your tweet.

4) PLEASE, PLEASE, EVERYONE who is in a better position for promoting this event, DO SO. (youtubers adam koralik, ziming etc. also any neogafers, please post a thread to gain attraction, owner of the dojo and shenmuemaster etc, provide constant updates on the frontpage). You have the resources to make this event much bigger, so why not use them?

5)In every promotion, mention the thunderclap procedure, so no one misses out on the day.

6)The rest of us can spread the word around as much as possible. Do this in any shape or form. Gain as much support as possible, much like when Ryo was in that Sega racing poll.

Lets make December 3th a special day.

TeamYu, Shenmue500k, etc, keep up the amazing work.
by ShenSun
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

I have to agree. This place is never active, especially in terms of front page updates, promotions, events etc. It seems like the Team Yu guys and 500k are the only ones who make a real effort to still push this series.

Everyone has to come together now more so then ever. You've all probably seen my mini rant list on what needs to be done in order to get Shenmue back in the spot light. Unfortunately, those who have more resources then the average forum user tend to pull a Sega on us when we need them most.

I just hope that this time next year, there are not tons of people bitching about another Shenmue, when they didn't do fuck all to get it noticed when a grand opportunity presented itself.

Looking at the Yakuza fanbase and how active they are, its no surprise that their franchise is on Sony's list.

come on people
by ShenSun
Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

December 3rd Shenmue Day

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! POST DECEMBER 3RD

Thank you to everyone who took part in today's event.

December 3rd 2013 is proof that when Shenmue fans stick together, their a force to be reckoned with. Hopefully, we can maintain this pressure in the coming months, and get Sony to take notice of the passion that the Shenmue fanbase has.

As a result of everyone's effort, I would like to offer each and every one of you a special gift that I've had lying around for a while. More on this in the coming weeks,

Special thanks to Adam Koralik and TeamYu. These guys really went the extra mile for us.

Well done everyone.

SHENMUEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :D

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hey guys,

As most of you already no, Team Yu will be performing their regular Shenmue event on the 3rd of December. Usually, we leave them to spread the word on their own. However, due to recent amount of attention Shenmue has got from Sony, and the media in general, I, along with some others, feel that this day should be heavily promoted, in order to maintain the pressure that we currently have.

Check out the following link

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPlayStationMagazine/posts/601862933184677

That's Sony's current poll of what fans would like to see come to the Playstation platform. As you can tell, it's 90%+ dominated by Shenmue. This is thanks to Team Yu, the Shenmue Facebook pages, and Adam Koralik.

Sony's Adam Boyes has also stated that Shenmue is one of the most request games on their third party production list.

Although this is a small victory, it would be nice to have this same sort of pressure placed on Sony and Sega's twitter account. Naturally, Sega will probably ignore it. Sony on the other hand. have a tendency to respond to their fans.

If we keep pushing Sony, i'm certain we will see something happen with Shenmue. I have spoken to Adam Koralik very briefly, and he is on board to promote the Shenmue day on the 3rd of December. If he puts out the video from the 1st of December or before, it will attract a lot more individuals over the following days, compared to if he uploaded on the day of the event.

I would like Team Yu to discuss what they require from us to make this a success. I personally think that all necessary tweets should be sent out to @SEGA, @yosp, @amboyes, @playstation, and @giocorsi. I think everyone can agree that #GiveYuTheShenmueLicence is probably the most appropriate hashtag to use, given the amount of support it has racked up over the past year. However, just so Sony get the point, I think everyone should leave a "Shenmue 3 or Shenmue HD to playstation" message in their tweet.

I think that the easiest way to pull this off is if the thunderclap method is promoted heavily via Adam's video, Team Yu etc. By doing it this way, everyone can leave the message many days in advance and not worry about tweeting on the 3rd.

In addition, does anyone on this board have a Neogaf account? I ask because there are multiple threads on that forum with similar protest events. This includes Yakuza and Final Fantasy Type 0. To no surprise, these were the other two games high on Sony's list.

Unfortunately, Shenmue doesn't have it's own dedicated protest thread on gaf. If it did, you can be sure that it would attract at least another 10,000 + potential supporters.

All in all i suggest the following

1) Adam Koralik promote the event with the Twitter accounts i mentioned above, and heavily encourage others to use the Thunderclap method so that viewers send their message there and then.

2) Someone with a Neogaf account make a thread with all the information of this post and whatever i missed out on.

3) If Adam decides to make a video, upload it on to Zimings channel. like i said in another topic, there a 5000+ potential supporters on that channel that can help us.

4) Team Yu etc, keep us up to date on everything, and whatever you need, DEMAND IT FROM US.

5) Message other youtubers about the event. Happyconsolegamer, alphaomegasin, scottishducktales etc

Any other thoughts?
by ShenSun
Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 3rd Shenmue Day

Ok, so we're all in agreement that the following twitter accounts should be our target on the 3rd; @yosp, @amboyes, @giocorsi, @playstation.

Supporters can leave their message on the day of the event via the above twitter accounts , or by visiting TeamYu.net/Dec3rd

If anyone forgets, then please encourage them to still leave a message even if the event has passed.

Adam will make 2 videos, one addressing the general public, and maybe one for the dojo.

NEXT!!!!

1) Who has a Neogaf account? If we can get someone to post on that forum, we will have a major MAJOR advantage.

2) Message all shenmue facebook pages. Check out how many supporters this page has.
https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueFans

We NEED them on board.

3) Can we get the Shenmue master guys involved? Ziming, Yama or anyone else, do you have a way of directly contacting them?

Let me no if i missed anything out.
by ShenSun
Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Thanks a lot Adam.

Guys Spread this video around.
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Tweetathon

phpBB [video]
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for the front page update Yama. The thunderclap has grown quite a bit in the last few days.
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue Interview (Shibuya International)

Dunno if this has been posted already, but i just came across this interview via Shenmue Master. It features the founder of Shibuya international, Cedric Biscay, giving his thoughts on Shenmue, Shenmue 3, the Shenmue Licence, and Yu Suzuki's time in France.

I used google translate, so not everything is 100% clear. It's still a good read however.

INTERVIEW

Of course we asked some questions that Mr. Biscay could not really answer, but we still tried. Good reading.

1 / Can you say that you are a fan of Shenmue?

Cedric Biscay: I played and finished the two episodes in Japanese Dreamcast when they leave. Then I could really understand the history in the European release! Since then, as thousands of players, I expect more.
SEGA productions at the time had a certain cachet, this is why I have always defended consoles like the Saturn or Dreamcast that deserved a bigger commercial success.

2 / Have you created Shibuya International to ease the cultural exchanges between France and Japan? (Knowing that the French and Japanese are very similar in many fields such as the arts or culture etc).

Cedric Biscay:[/b ] Yes, I think the Japanese and the French are actually quite close but they do not understand. This goes beyond mere language problem. I wanted to provide a tool to share both in terms of business as culture. It works pretty well with open minds.

Being passionate about video games and the movies, I have since created Shibuya Productions who will be daunting task of innovation in these areas. The first animated feature that we prepare is called Windwalkers is the adaptation of the bestselling novel "The Horde Contrevent". The author Alain Damasio actively involved in the adventure, Jan Kounen is to achieve and Marc Caro artistic direction.

[b]
3 / Shibuya International plays an important role in Franco-Japanese relations, is it you who contacted Yū Suzuki or is it he who brought you demand?

Cedric Biscay : We contacted.

4 / How did you feel about "the first" meeting with Suzuki-san?

Cedric Biscay: Being in the same room as the person who is the source of fun revolutions like Out Run, Virtua Fighter and Shenmue to mention that they are necessarily a pleasure.

5 / Do you have any stories to tell us about what happened behind the scenes during his visit during the TGS 2011 MAGS 2013?

Cedric Biscay: During TGS, what comes first to mind are pool parties boisterous until the end of the night with Michel Ancel and Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters). Suzuki-san is quite strong in this game while Michael did everything to distract.

This is an excellent memorial between ordinary people and good company.

Another highlight is the great respect of Katsuhiro Harada to Suzuki-san. Several times he thanked me for giving him the chance to meet these conditions.

I also advise everyone to find on the web video where you can see the amazing match between Harada-san and Suzuki-san on Tekken and Virtua Fighter.

MAGS full of anecdotes because it is an event organized by my company directly. I spent several evenings in James Bond mode with Suzuki-san to skim casinos instead looking good blackjack tables.

In fact, the parties were on the same model: gargantuan meals accompanied by excellent wines in company of other guests then when everyone tired, towards the Casino. The simple act of bringing people together as exceptional as Michel Ocelot, Go Nagai, Yoshitaka Amano, Akino Arai and Yu Suzuki in one place or remain in an unforgettable moment.

6 / You had he said something that impressed you?

Cedric Biscay: He told me a lot of things very striking that I can only keep it for myself, however, he showed me photos or he was with Michael Jackson, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg with others ( accompanied by his son).

The popularity of Yu Suzuki and SEGA omnipotence of the great era remembered suddenly to me.

7 / On our Facebook page you were kind enough to clarify this "Yu Suzuki is of course aware of the Kickstarter-type operations but as stated in the article, licensed to SEGA does not consider this option and will not let this license without consideration. ". Could you give us some details about it and the conditions that impose SEGA?

Cedric Biscay: I obviously can not communicate too much on it. In fact this procedure at a time T was designed primarily to defend Yu Suzuki is not silly, which of course aware of the existence of Kickstarter.

Since then, things change even if I can not confirm anything.

8 / Another of your information I quote "Dear Shenmue Master, there are too many fake buzz about Yu Suzuki on Shenmue International scene these days. The only real things are thinking about only part of the funding via Kickstarter and Yu Suzuki will find solutions and partners credible exit the game and convince SEGA. "

Indeed, despite the willingness of fans, a Kickstarter operation would probably not sufficient to fund a project like Shenmue, can you tell us if Suzuki-san is in talks with other partners and if so which ones?

Cedric Biscay: Again, I must return to the origin of this remark. I wanted to denounce the exploitation of Suzuki-san by the GDC for promotional purposes. Indeed, it must be remembered that he met Mark Cerny in a simple cocktail and they just spoke architecture consoles because Mark Cerny is responsible for the PS4 and Suzuki-san took care of among other Dreamcast.

The Tweet of the organizing insinuating exchanges around Shenmue simple goal was to create a buzz using the many fans of the license. I have nothing of a masked avenger, but being myself "fan" on my scale of this saga, I could not let this go.

Suzuki-san is the one to decide its partners and he is well aware that Kickstarter can not be sufficient for funding.

The news that talks about the meeting between Mark Cerny and Suzuki-san.

9 / Yū Suzuki he discussed the different possibilities that it plans to continue this wonderful adventure of Shenmue?

Cedric Biscay: Yes, but I can not say anything yet.

10 / Do you think that Suzuki-san has a special attachment to the work Shenmue, is a project that is close to his heart?

Cedric Biscay: Shenmue is almost the work of a lifetime for Suzuki-san.
It is therefore very cautious and this caution may suggest outside a certain detachment but this is absolutely not the case.

11 / According to you why can not he talk about Shenmue 3 right now?

Cedric Biscay: Contrary to what I can hear and see here and there, you should know that Suzuki-san is always at SEGA as even if he did not advise the employee status.

It is obvious that it is subject to a contract with the utmost discretion on IP owned by the company.

12 / How did he reacts to the warm welcome of the fans at the Toulouse Game Show off camera? I think of the ovation at the conference TGS 2011 and this birthday song very touching for 10 years Shenmue II.

Cedric Biscay He was thrilled, it was really touched.

13 / Suzuki-san you he talked about what fans can do to help resolve the situation regarding Shenmue? Or what we could do to be able to recover the famous Shenmue license.

Cedric Biscay: In time, it will show that you REALLY love Shenmue.
Fully recover the license is not possible and it is easy to understand why (heavy investments SEGA etc), but life is full of compromises.

It should not be seen as the enemy SEGA license but as a company that simply and normally return on investment desired.

14 / Would you tell us something specific or something that you feel strongly about the coming of the great Japanese designer in France?

Cedric Biscay: I just want to say that hope is not in vain. When the various elements will nest perfectly, we have the following Shenmue.

15 / Do you think we will have a chance to review Yū Suzuki in France soon? (Through you)

Cedric Biscay: As you may know, Suzuki-san never moves at events for the general public, he made ​​two exceptions after my 2 invitations and I am very satisfied.

I would like the next time he comes, he announced that we all expect.

Thank you very much for this interview. If you have time could you tell Suzuki-san that the whole community Shenmue really appreciate that and we will always be there to support him.

Cedric Biscay : Okay, I will.
by ShenSun
Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

December 3rd 2013 is proof that when Shenmue fans stick together, their a force to be reckoned with. Hopefully, we can maintain this pressure in the coming months, and get Sony to take notice of the passion that the Shenmue fanbase has.

As a result of everyone's effort, I would like to offer each and every one of you a special gift that I've had lying around for a while. More on this in the coming weeks,

Special thanks to Adam Koralik and TeamYu. These guys really went the extra mile for us.

Well done everyone.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
by ShenSun
Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done everyone.

by ShenSun
Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PROJECT X

'
by ShenSun
Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo in Sega All Star Racing Transformed (Images/Gifs)

MY GOD I HOPE THIS COMES TO WII U!!!! I WILL BUY IT IN A HEARTBEAT'S ( PUN INTENDED)

Ryo Hazuki from the Sega forum, Please DO NOT troll or represent the Shenmue fan base in a negative manner. I've seen some of your comments on that forum. in some instances, they are most definitely childish and inappropriate.

Play nice, and assert you opinion in a fair respectable way.

Welcome to the Dojo. :D
by ShenSun
Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PROJECT X

You are all a bunch of FUCKERS!! :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I've gone over everything..................... Brace yourselves for Christmas day.

I need a guineapig to test this game is working correctly. Any volunteers?
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 (RYO'S STORY)

Yooooooo Dojo.

The Shenmue holiday special is finally in a decent state for others to play. This Demo was supposed to be released on Christmas day....however there were some serious game breaking bugs that took a while to fix. (better late than never)

READ THIS THREAD CAREFULLY TO AVOID RUNNING INTO PROBLEMS..... AND TO HAVE THE GAME RUN SMOOTHLY.

Origins Of The Game

For the past couple of weeks, I have been investigating a visual novel application known as ren'py. I have a keen interest in this engine, as I would like to one day import my own artwork into its system and create an independent title. However, since most of my drawings are not on my computer, I thought i'd use Shenmue images in it's replacement whilst i learn the language.

This game is very simple and not very deep, as it was something I just threw together whilst learning ren'py. Throughout the game, you will see a lot of unusual events that may NOT seem very "Shenmuish". Again, this is because I was trying different aspects out within the ren'py engine. Dont expect nothing groundbreaking

SHENMUE CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 (RYO'S STORY) Beta V1.01

http://i41.tinypic.com/r0bguq.jpg

PLOT

After dealing with the Mad Angels, Ryo prepares himself for his long awaited trip to Hong Kong. The following day, he learns that Nozomi has been kidnapped again! Ryo teams up with 4 of his friends in order to rescue her. Can he find Nozomi before he has to leave the country?

This will be a 30 - 45 minute game featuring some of our favorite Shenmue characters. The story will take place after the 70 man battle, and be an alternative take on how Shenmue 1 ended.

http://i43.tinypic.com/9ft9g0.jpg

FAQS

What Are The Controls?

The game is played with the mouse.
1) Left click = continues to the next section
2) right click = access menu (save , load, options, full-screen/window etc)

How Do I Play This Game

Read the dialog on the screen. Whenever you see the blinking arrow, left click to continue. At some points you will be asked to make choices. Choose carefully :)

How Many Endings Does This Game Have?

The game has 2 endings......one good, and one bad. It will be interesting to see which one you guys get lol.

This Game Contains To Much Text And Is Boring

That's visual games for you. You either love them or hate them. I recommend taking your time with the game. Read carefully and slowly.....and don't rush through it.

Spelling And Grammar Mistakes.

Yep, I'm aware of most of the mistakes. But this is a Beta/Demo, so it does have its fair share of issues. This will be fixed in the final version. Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment to proof read everything.

Some Images Are Medium To Low Quality?

Most of the game has fairly decent images. However, in some instances, there are medium to low quality pictures. This is mainly seen with Nagashima and Eri. This will be fixed in the final version.

My Screen Resolution Doesn't Support This Game?

This game was created in a 800 x 600 format. If you encounter black borders on either side of the screen, adjust your screen resolution on the desktop (right click on desktop and press on properties or screen resolution).

Can I Play This In Fullscreen?

You can, but you will more than likely notice the low quality images and bad sprite rips. I recommend playing in window mode if you're a graphics or perfectionist whore. :) To run in fullscreen mode, right click to access the options menu, click on preferences, and click full screen. (You must have a fairly decent direct x driver installed, otherwise the game will crash when going fullscreen)

The Game's Font Doesn't Work On My Computer

This game uses the "Arlrdbd" font. Download it here and follow the instructions on the site to install the font.
http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arlrdbd.html

I've Encountered An Error

Refer to the FAQs or send me a PM.

You've Included My Work And Given Me A Shoutout

There are various shout-outs and nods to some dojo members and youtubers in the game........mainly when Ryo goes to sleep. I did this out of respect, as i wanted this to be a community project for everyone on the dojo. If you have a problem with the inclusion of your work, let me no and I'll get rid of it.

Thanks For The Shoutout

No problem. Keep up the awesome work.

Why Didn't I Have A Shoutout?

Everyone on the dojo will get a shoutout in the final game.

Thanks For Making This

No problem. This is my Christmas present to the Shenmue Community

Where Are The Fight Scenes?

There are no fight scenes in the demo. Wait for the fullgame.

This Game Sucks, You Suck

Love you to. Remember, this is something I just threw together. It's not suppose to be taken seriously. Hopefully next year, we can all work on a game together to make it extra awesome.

Distribution

Please do not share the links or reupload them. Link people to this thread. This is a Beta test for hardcore shenmue fans to try out, enjoy, and give feedback in order to make the final product amazing. Please respect these terms.

What Do You Still Need To Work On?

Ha, tons of stuff. sprites, scripts, grammar checks, importing a Shenmue user interface, audio, fight scenes, extra characters, animation, intro, ending etc. This is nowhere near finished.

When's The Final Version?

For those who actually enjoyed the game, the final version will be much MUCH bigger. (New areas, characters, sequences, fight scenes, voice clips, choices, UI etc) The game will go past Shenmue 1.... and on to a certain ship :)
Final version coming 2014.

Have You Got Any Other Projects Like This?

I have many different Shenmue Demo's, but this was the only one that was in a half decent state

How Can I Say Thank You And Support Shenmue

1)Give this thread a thumbs up and thank you
2)Buy the Ryo Hazuki first four figure statue
3)Buy Ryo DLC in sonic racing transformed
4)Buy Shenmue clothing from insertcoin
5)join TeamYu.net to save Shenmue
6)Sign up to the ShenmueDojo, ShenmueMaster Website.
7)Subscribe to ziming and AdamKoralik's youtube channels.

How to install The Game

1) First install the Arlrdbd font. Download here http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arlrdbd.html

Unzip font

Windows XP Font Install:
Drag arlrdbd.ttf into C:\Windows\Fonts - The font will automatically install.

- Windows 7/Vista Font Install:
Right click arlrdbd.ttf and then click "Install".

2)Download the base file here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pwoaa5vxsnw28wa/Project+Shen+Base+File.zip

3)Download the sound/image file here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5gck80wtvgd7yz/Project+Shen+Sound+and+Pics.zip

4)Extract base file (winrar, winzip)

5)Extract sound/image file (winrar , winzip)

6)The extracted sound and image file should be called "archive.rpa". copy this to the game directory of the basefile.
(Project Xmas 2013 Special Demo-all/game/PLACE ARCHIVE FILE HERE)

7)Double click the Project Xmas 2013 Special Demo application icon in the main directory.

Enjoy.

@ShenmueTree, I can't wait to try out Project Sekai. It's where my original inspiration came from. :king:

I hope all you guys have an awesome XMAS holiday, and a fantastic new year. Hopefully we get more Shenmue news in 2014. :)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ic88sj.jpg

Giorgio Let's play of the game

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PlS7bJVQM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrnjbBM2G-M

Enjoy
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo in Sega All Star Racing Transformed (Images/Gifs)

Originally Posted by S0L

Happy New Year!

Don't get too excited over the number plate, it is of course a tongue in cheek reference to just how long it's taking for SEGA to get that third part out

---
S0L
---
by ShenSun
Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE XMAS SPECIAL GAME

You were inspired by me, now I am inspired by you. Funny how that works. :D

Haha, awesome.

I can't wait for project Sekai. It looks like it will have a very strong narrative. This is something I would like to learn, as I wish to get into storytelling in the future.

Also, the animated backgrounds and weather effects are EPIC!!!!!

It looks like the engine that you are using has a lot more freedom and resources.

Either way, Shenmue fans are in for a real treat over the next few months. 2 visual novels, on 2 different engines, by 2 different developers. It's going to be fantastic.

Thanks for checking out my project.

@BigTuna. Thanks for your kind words and for playing the game. Congrats on getting the good ending. :)

@Spindash :mrgreen:
by ShenSun
Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Did you know 2014 shares the same calendar year as Shenmue in 1986?

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1525436_10202090804744462_622554973_n.jpg

2014 Calendar Download: http://goo.gl/PeMVRs

Is Shenmue destined to resurrect itself in 2014? I sure hope so. :)

If it does, I will no longer believe in coincidences.

Destiny for the win. :lol:
by ShenSun
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE XMAS SPECIAL GAME

i got the bad ending :lol:
if you need more screenshots/renders just lt me know :)

Awesome man.

When i was searching for resources to include in the game, i was amazed by the Shenmue content on your blog...........i'm sure Ryo was aswell, since he had a dream about it. haha.

I'll definitely message you in the near future. I'm going to need some help with some visual work on my next Shenmue project. I suck at photoshop. :sad:

Well, i suppose i'm not to bad, but i certainly anit no expert.

Everyone seems to be getting the bad ending. I wonder what could be triggering it. 8)

Thanks for playing Wude. :)
by ShenSun
Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue NeoGaf Thread #SaveShenmue

I have a neogaf account, please let me know how I can help.

Awesome. Do you have the rights to make a new topic?

Before we post the thread, I think we should all chip in some ideas on what to include. We should also make a dummy post here, so that we can make sure that everything is included before it goes live on gaf.

I think we should put an emphasis on the thunderclap and the twitter handles, Giocorsi, Sega, playstation. ( #saveshenmue #buildingthelist)

Any other ideas?

@Peter, thanks for trying man. Gaf have some real stupid rules.

@AXM, some people just can't understand the greatness of Shenmue. Ironically, most of the ppl that dislike it are set on fighting random npcs every 5 seconds, or having something completely over the top happen at every corner. Shenmue is not that type of game.

its a shame that some people cant see, or experience the magic of Shenmue.

im sure if Shenmue 3 came out and Ryo has a gun, war outfit, and could beat up any random person, the game would sell like crazy. :)

Sad times indeed.
by ShenSun
Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Cinematic Fan Trailer

Very nice work.

This should be the official #SaveShenmue Trailer.

:)
by ShenSun
Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Had my operation. I'm still recovering, but i'm a lot more mobile then I was a few days ago.

The next step is for them to investigate the affected testicle and determine what type of cancer it is.

They said they would call me next week to come back into the hospital in order to have my blood checked. Apparently, once you have the diseased testicle removed, you blood levels should go back to normal after 7 days.

Next, they will give me a CT scan of my body to determine if the cancer has spread.

From there, I guess further treatment begins.

On the bright side, the chest xray that they performed a week ago was completely clear. Im guessing this will have to be reconfirmed with the ct scan, but it does make me a little bit more hopeful.

Tough times ahead.

Thanks for everyone's kind messages. It really does mean a lot.

ShenSun
by ShenSun
Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue NEOGAF Thread #SaveShenmue

There's no doubt that Shenmue is somewhat of a hot topic at the moment. We need to maintain this pressure as much as possible throughout 2014.

We NEED a Neogaf thread promoting the #SaveShenmue campaign.

This will give us A TON of momentum. I propose that we find someone willing to create such a thread, and ask them to bump the post every month to keep the topic active.

UPDATE:

We now have a thread. :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762839
by ShenSun
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic