Search found more than 1085 matches

Return

Re: Team Yu needs you!

I would but apparently no one understand what I'm saying :lol: if you liked the avatar I made yokosuka martian I could provide some artwork though
by south carmain
Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

I had way too high standards and was thinking of the epicness of a final fantasy world in full hd, I couldn't wait to get my airship and start exploring that world for all it's little secrets and quests, needless to say when I found out that it wasn't open world at all I was very sad, since then I have very low expectations before going in to a game
by south carmain
Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

now I know people will probably find the pop part weird and I'll probably be seen as weird for liking it as well but I can't wait to be a teen idol engaging in cheesy j-pop battles in osaka
by south carmain
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

personally I kind of regret already knowing the situation of characters, I loved going nearly completely blind in to yakuza 4
by south carmain
Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

congrats OL and welcome to the club
by south carmain
Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Psygnosis (developers of wipEout) shut down by Sony

I think that's the main problem, people forget that gaming is for
fun
and most reviewers are smugger than wine tasters these days
by south carmain
Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sleeping Dogs

I remember true crime LA being huge but lacking content and too big for no reason, the combat was stiff as well and the last boss was a bitch to beat for no apparent reason, NY was kind of fun but far from gta, I liked being able to plant drugs on people and buy music and that though also I was pretty big in to hip hop at the time and it kind of had that vibe
by south carmain
Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Im Lance Armstrong and Ive won 0 Tour De France titles

the thing about armstrong is that if he did cheat then he really deserves to have them stripped first, but knowing the french's superior complex I wouldn't be surprised if it was just out of spite that they put so much effort in taking him down, but don't worry yanks we'll stop the French from winning anything ;-)
by south carmain
Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elderly woman destroys 19th-century Spanish fresco by Elias

http://i.imgur.com/NU27e.jpg
An elderly woman has destroyed a 19th-century Spanish fresco in a botched restoration conducted without permission.

Three separate photos show the extent of the damage done by the unnamed woman to Elias Garcia Martinez’s work ‘Ecce Homo’.

The damage was discovered after Martinez’s granddaughter made a donation to the Centro de Estudios Borjanos which holds an archive of local religious artworks, a couple of weeks ago.

Staff then went to check on the work at the Santuario de Misericodia church in Borja, near Zaragoza in north eastern Spain, only to find it dramatically altered.

The three photographs show the changing face of the artwork over the last two years.

In the first photograph, taken in 2010, slight speckling is apparent. In the second photograph, taken just last month, large patches of white dominate the picture. One theory is that the elderly woman had already begun her work on the painting at this point, and the white marks are the result of her scraping away the paint.

The third photograph shows the image transformed beyond recognition, with a childlike reworking of Jesus’ face, broad brush strokes removing any subtlety from the clothing and thick layers of red and brown paint covering several key details, including the crown of thorns.

Despite the terrible results, the restoration, which was completed without permission, is not thought to have been malicious; rather the work of an enthusiastic, if somewhat misguided, amateur who lived near to the church and simply wanted to repair the ageing artwork.

Culture councillor Juan Maria de Ojeda was quoted in the Spanish newspaper El Pais taking a somewhat sympathetic tone, saying the elderly perpetrator had undertaken the project “with good intentions” and had reported and admitted causing the damage when she realised it had “gotten out of hand”.

Despite being a work of little artistic importance, and not part of any painting or altarpiece, it did have some local sentimental value.

"The family used to come here to spend the holidays. One summer the artist made the portrait and bequeathed it to the people," Ojeda said.

The damage is currently being assessed in an attempt to work out exactly what materials the amateur restorer used. The long-term hope is that a professional may be able to remove the layers of paint and restore the work to some semblance of its former state.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/elderly-woman-destroys-19thcentury-spanish-fresco-by-elias-garcia-martinez-in-botched-restoration-8073267.html
by south carmain
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QWERTY's super-happy GIF depository thread

^ I remember someone naming that gif "marrowind combat" it made me lol

by south carmain
Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recreation of shenmue 2 map

well I started experimenting trying to emulate shenmues modeling style, I'm aware the buildings look like turd :lol: don't worry this is just me getting used to it, also I'm pretty limited on textures so far
http://i.imgur.com/mMDwp.png
http://i.imgur.com/OKs5s.png
nice pic slig
by south carmain
Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

^reminds me of ranma rpg
by south carmain
Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sailor Moon

KiBa wrote:I was jealous of Sailor Uranus.

:lol:
by south carmain
Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like the fact that there is a much smoother transition between fighting and general gameplay now, at times that could really make travelling frustrating in previous titles, this game looks like it will really have a lot of content, if it doesn't make it to the west I'm going to be really pissed off at them
by south carmain
Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Studying Abroad in London

(seriously, I should be commended for everythin I've done round here, instead I get friggin persecuted!)
Because you're the hero shenmuedojo deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, they'll hunt you, because you can take it. Because you're not our hero. you're a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A yellow Knight.
by south carmain
Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

am I the only one who thinks they fucked up ryo's face in all star racing? also he seems to have lost a lot of muscle, I guess all time time waiting in a cave made him lose some weight
by south carmain
Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games/Systems/Peripherals you recently bought

I loved my SP because I finally didn't have to buy batteries and I could play in the dark with good quality (that lamp that would plug in to the side of the gameboy colour just wasn't that great) my only regret is by that time I was a lot less interested in handheld games, I got ff1 for it but the 1 step 1 fight made me rage quit
by south carmain
Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Organise Online Games Together

@axm nice, I'll add you then, once riku accepts my friend request we only need 1 last member to have a full team, spokes just bought the game so we could ask him to be the 4th member
by south carmain
Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Something Cool you saw today

Bambi wrote:"The Pacific Barreleye with its transparent head"

- Imgur Link.

that's one funky fish
by south carmain
Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

I also found it weird how it transitioned from him being basically invincible to becoming a "barely better than the enemy" fighter, I understand how they can make it so he meets his match later on but through the entire beginning he's basically untouchable and in the huge steam powered thingy he gets shot by a couple of random guards while the leader doesn't even touch him in the dual
by south carmain
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

wude wrote: Image

R.I.P piggy
by south carmain
Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Samsara

this looks interesting, cultural films are pretty well hidden nowadays so one this ambitious seems interesting
by south carmain
Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

yeah in one of the dojo website discussions I'll try and find it

EDIT: here we go, at the bottom of the page
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=44897&p=1002668&hilit=hotlinking#p1002668
by south carmain
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

I read teepo was in Sweden so I don't think it was him
What was your old account here? It's obvious you were a previous member.
"I read" I've been here for nearly 7 months now, it's pretty hard to not know what has happened in the past here when members make "nostalgic" posts every few days, there's also the search button at the top of the page
by south carmain
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games/Systems/Peripherals you recently bought

well it just arrived, the install time is long as hell though
by south carmain
Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Back..

this topic is like people from post soviet states discussing the communist era :lol:
by south carmain
Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sure is philosophy 101 in here, so how about some games? I'm really enjoying dead souls, the part with Majima is hilarious, the substories especially, it was a breath of fresh air after akiyama that started to feel a little boring and too serious in the end
by south carmain
Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

lol why is master kyodais custom title "blueman"?
by south carmain
Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

is it safe to talk about video games yet?
by south carmain
Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Henry Spencer wrote:^Segata post incoming!

he's on holiday, but I noticed white lotus bitches a lot, is there anything you enjoy nowadays lotus?
by south carmain
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^Just ignore him he craves on attention.

Anyway I like when games add stuff like the Ramen ads it brings a layer of realism to the games and makes you feel more sucked in. As long as Kiryu doesn't start turning to the camera and going. "Man I could really go for a Pepsi right now."
yeah you're right, I do feel like I'm being trolled tbh
by south carmain
Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the facial details and rendering have both vastly been improved, also the engine isn't just about graphics many things gameplay wise have been improved
[color=#F1176E]From a graphical point of view, nothing has been "vastly" improved. The graphics have been improved, but not in any redefining way. You speak like a SEGA PR guy.
nah I speak like someone who doesn't wake up with the intent of hating everything
by south carmain
Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nah I speak like someone who doesn't wake up with the intent of hating everything
[color=#F1176EJust keep it to yourself[/color]
I though you said that this is a public forum and it doesn't matter how others take what we say, we should just express ourselves and others can deal with it

it uses a different engine, it improves on every point from the last games, that's pretty much all there is to say about it

nice going comparing cinematic to gameplay btw, this is what yakuza 3 looks like gameplay wise, a lot worse than your pic
http://www.playdevil.net/uploader/files/1/Screenshots/PlayStation3/2010/Yakuza_3/yakuza_3__3.jpg
you can already see how well the new engine renders a lot better everything and how half of the clothing textures don't look like cat vomit anymore
by south carmain
Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I was at work the other day, and I noticed one of the new guys is sitting around playing a PSP I walk over and ask what he is playing, and he is playing FF8 on a hacked PSP 3000, and I was like sweet. Next thing I know he starts playing a PSP homebrew magic the gathering game called wagic and we start talking about play magic and what not. So long story short I found another nerd at work to talk about games with, also I think we are going to start hanging out soon and I will have a buddy to play MTG with sometimes now. 8)
reminds me of how I used to make friends as a child lol I wish things were as simple nowadays
by south carmain
Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebritys You Look Like

:lol: it's my friend who sent me that exact pic and said we looked alike, I guess there is a kind if resemblance but I'm much more handsome of course ;-)
by south carmain
Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

why do pessimists always try so hard to bring everyone down to their level?

anyway I recently went and dug out my psp and remembered why I had stopped playing it in the first place, the screen has these blue lines that do from top to bottom, it used to go away by applying pressure but that doesn't work anymore unfortunately, anyone got any idea how to fix it?
by south carmain
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^says the guy who feels the need to tell everyone they're wrong for being happy and having hopes in life :lol:
by south carmain
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tea

man don't get me started on tea, Moroccan tea, white tea, green tea, rooibus tea, chamomille tea, mint tea, chai tea, black tea, oriental green tea (I love this stuff it has a sweet taste that resembles caramel) and any kind of mixed tea you can find, yeah I'm pretty british when it comes to tea, I started drinking it to improve my lifestyle as it's great for preventing cardio vascular diseases and cancer and also has great benefits for the skin and got hooked, since then I love to take time in my day to just sit down, put on some relaxing music and drink a variety of tea it's very relaxing

also I heard you wanted to lose some weight, green and white tea are good for this, the anti oxidants work so that the fat burns quicker, if you have a cup before doing your cardio then it should accelerate weight loss and attack mainly those bad fats caused by the unhealthier food, roobius tea has the same effect except to a lesser extent but on the plus side it doesn't contain cafeine
by south carmain
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm an island man, so I mostly drink fruit teas. while in Canada I picked up some great Blueberry tea in New Brunswick.

I'm not above a good herbal tea though, its great to go to Chinatown and have some freshly made tea with dim sum in the winter.

You know I actually didn't know tea did all that stuff for you.
yeah man tea is great for you, it's linked to the high expectancy of living in places like hong kong and Japan (not the sole reason but an important factor in some cases) if someone is prone to disease through genetics I would highly recommend it to lower their chances of catching such diseases (it's not a miracle cure though so doesn't totally exempt the chances)

people often see this as zen bullshit from far eastern fairy tales but it's 100% true, in some cases white tea has even been found to reduce tumours in size
by south carmain
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm an island man, so I mostly drink fruit teas. while in Canada I picked up some great Blueberry tea in New Brunswick.

I'm not above a good herbal tea though, its great to go to Chinatown and have some freshly made tea with dim sum in the winter.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&t=45001&p=1005403#
You know I actually didn't know tea did all that stuff for you.
yeah man tea is great for you, it's linked to the high expectancy of living in places like hong kong and Japan (not the sole reason but an important factor in some cases) if someone is prone to disease through genetics I would highly recommend it to lower their chances of catching such diseases (it's not a miracle cure though so doesn't totally exempt the chances)

people often see this as zen bullshit from far eastern fairy tales but it's 100% true, in some cases white tea has even been found to reduce tumours in size

This is true, it can be very good for you. Though I would point out that green or white teas are usually healthier than black, due to lower caffeine levels mainly I guess. But in general, it's always better to find a good one that suits your own needs, as opposed to just sticking on a PG Tips or whatever.

A Qi Gong grand master once recommended to my brother that he make some crazy Chinese herbal tea that had all kinds of herbs and even dried Chinese berries in, for his stomach. There was no real 'tea' in it of course, but it did the job and helped alleviate my brothers issues :)
there's a syrian tea that is great for stomach issues as well, it's sold as medicine out there, I think it's something like "ibn sama" or something similar :-k
by south carmain
Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was just kidding. Good night, Dor.
I wasn't talking about your comment since I never take anything from you as being overloaded with ill will. You're the Cheshire Cat to this MadWorld.

I was serious, though. This slow-witted pseudo-psychoanalysing coming from some undereducated and narcissistic users of this board simply sucks. In fact, it sucks so much that it makes a misanthrope like me all the more right. Thankfully, this board houses more than the aforementioned sort of users and - occasionally - you can have a factual gaming conversation here. Thank Gawd for the ignore function of phpBB. It makes sorting out the Dojo's garbage a helluva lot easier.
"stop having different opinions than me"
by south carmain
Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

more like "what would shenmue look like with ugly textures and done by a person with no artistic style on cry engine"
by south carmain
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

hitler has only got one ball, the other is in the albert hall, himler is quite similar, while goballs has no balls at all :-"
by south carmain
Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ah shit I missed the debate, but I'll just add my 2 cents anyway, mitts has a point if a common gay family adapt a child, of course there will be little problems if they are upper class and can afford to send their children to good rated private schools but for the working/poorer classes that would be a huge handicap on the kid, public schools got so bad here that they were forced to install cameras in a great number of them and suicides over things a lot less important happen pretty often, and not to mention that gang culture is rampant in the poorer areas and they don't keep to themselves, they find any excuse they can to starts confrontations with people and this could mean abuse for the kid every time he goes out forcing him to avoid certain areas and people all the time, but again it really depends on what class they are from, especially here in London
by south carmain
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Me and SC had had differences and I don't know all he is talking about. At least he can keep a cool head. Then again like the T shirt said that dorian needs "I'm not arguing just explaining why I'm right"
thanks, I do tend to argue a lot and sometimes go over the top but I end up apologising if I did, like with neo matrix
by south carmain
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic