Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Peter wrote: Yea! Your right! Its ok Piggys alive. False alarm :lol:

not after what fuku san did to him :???:
by south carmain
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jet Set Radio on XBLA and PSN

Axm wrote: If they made me renew a whole year for this I would do it. But thats just me. Im gonna be getting funky today thats for sure.

I would but leaving the country and where I'm going internet connections are too slow to make PS+ worthwhile, I'll just wait for the 19th lol
by south carmain
Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

does anyone have some renders of ryo's room where you can see it completely?
by south carmain
Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

oh it also wins one of the awards for one of the most annoying enemies ever, damn monkey boy :mad:

@OL the main problem I had with the gameplay was when you're pressing R1 to aim in a general direction it blocks from time to time, this can be annoying when you're fighting off hordes, the frame rate drops really is my main problem with the game though, towards the end it happened so often i felt I was playing a high demanding game on a low spec pc
by south carmain
Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryo's room

I did a quick recreation of ryo's bedroom if anyones interested in Texturing it, it's nearly Identical with the only exception of the bed not being messy, I also left out the books as the size will depend on the textures you're using so it's easier that I leave that to the person applying the textures
Download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u9h2dt

Pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/mjw6a.png
http://i.imgur.com/crheA.png
http://i.imgur.com/2aIKA.png
by south carmain
Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Butt Chugging: America's New Favourite Pastime

ThyDarkAngel wrote: Dumb pratice

I used to know a girl named pratice who was pretty dumb, I guess it's a common thing then
by south carmain
Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Man accused of raping a duck, in Turkey

Who Really Cares? wrote:now days?

I will have you know that "duckrape" is an ancient art passed down the centuries from master to disciple
by south carmain
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

Axm wrote:im gonna throw my first born off the grand canyon.

because you weren't going to do it anyway? that's the only way to teach him how to be a man, man
by south carmain
Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: what can I buy online with 1.69£

Bluecast wrote: You can have all my games and tea

it needs to be virtual, but you just reminded me I made some tea 30 mins ago and forgot about it so thanks
by south carmain
Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halloween

everyday is like halloween in the middle east, Ninjas everywhere
by south carmain
Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

@doubleO_ren ho's gonna ho, fuck that bitch if she got back so easily with him she was probably talking to him behind your back all the time, don't let yourself get too stressed out by someone who wasn't worth it I'm sure it won't be too hard to find someone with a little more loyalty than that

on another not I lost my passport and have to fly back to London now to get a new one, gonna be hard to adapt to the cold weather after finally getting used to the desert
by south carmain
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pics of pets and places.

the current view from my window
by south carmain
Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

^ people use walla a lot when they're lying :lol:
:lol: tell me about it and "inshallah" when they won't do it

"wallah brother I couldn't come and give you money because my mother was in hospital, my father was being held hostage by the mafia, wallah inshallah I will come tomorrow"
by south carmain
Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What "makes" Shenmue for you?

sense of exploration, discovery of culture, freedom and the sense of escapism to another reality it gives
by south carmain
Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Translation

So should it then be looked over by someone who natively speaks the language it's being translated into?
depends what it is really, if it's a formal document then no need if the translator is fluent, if it's like a play or something that involves dialects then yes so the native speaker can make small changes for it to be more authentic
by south carmain
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Translation

in my experience it's best to have a native speaker translate in to a language he is fluent in, that way he can recognise slang or certain dialects in his own language while translating them in to a more formal wording in the language that he learned
by south carmain
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Facebook

Whos William Ren and Naoyuki Ito? Both have Shenmue pics so I'm guessing its a fan page trying to get anyone who likes the dojo to join them?
naoyuki ito is a profile that promotes the shenmue 3 campaign groups, it's also a shenmue persona, I don't know about "william ren" but there is a "wuying ren" which does the same
by south carmain
Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Cant be the only one who still reads the topic now and then for a good laugh?

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25945&hilit=shenmue+ready+for+next+gen
100 pages, 1500 posts, that's a lot of hype...
I'm actually surprised some on here didn't kill themselves or someone else.
never seen most people in that topic, so you never know
by south carmain
Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would co-op play work with the 70 man battle?

MiTT3NZ wrote: It's actually a shame, because all this would've been in Shenmue Online... a game most of youz on here seemed dead set against for some odd reason.

this, I was really looking forward to exploring the shenmue universe online, it seemed massive as well
by south carmain
Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you believe in UFO?

are you an alien?
if yes, is that why your English is so bad?
does the government have IELT's training courses for aliens?
by south carmain
Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

free qwerty sigs?
by south carmain
Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue (and Sonic Adventure) Environments on Minecraft

I convinced a minecraft player to go in to 3d modelling before, why settle for shitty pixelated blocks when you can have limitless options with a modelling program instead? well that has always been my reason to not play it
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

are there no social aid plans in portugal? the gov should normally be able to give you a monthly pay to get you through hard times, something that covers rent and food

anyway I can send you a laptop that doesn't have a hard drive and a functioning but problematic psp (the screen has blue lines on them, this is repairable unfortunately I don't know how, they go away when you apply pressure to the borders of the screens, also the batterie doesn't work so to play it you need to always have it plugged in)

unfortunately I can't make any promises though as these are in London and I'm in the UAE but I lost my passport so I might have to go back to London soon, if I do then I will send you them though if the police have found my passport then sorry but I won't be going back anytime soon
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, you were quick!
:lol: yeah I don't really take time to think before replying to something

in fact pm me you address and I will ask my godfather to send you the laptop as it's at his, it's a HP with 2gb ram and maybe 1.6 processor or 1.8 can't remember, anyway it's enough to do most things including playing pre 2005 games and can run nulldc perfectly, I played through both shenmues on it with only a few slowdowns
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great then, it works perfectly fine when running from a HDD though so don't worry about that, let me know you address and I'll send it then
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

happy birthday ya big grey freak, hope you're enjoying it on our grey isles if you're still about?
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The women!

KiBa wrote:Where do you live? China?

united Arab Emirates, it's because 87% of the population are expats, mainly south asian
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

internet is serious business I guess
by south carmain
Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Madame Butterfly the opera

Ryudo wrote: Is it really that hard to understand it's an opera and Shenmue made a reference to it?

if someone knows fuck all about opera then yes I guess it is
by south carmain
Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLOOD OF JESUS! Every bible to come with a box of donuts

Spokane wrote: Kibby? If that really KiBa's nickname then the University of Idaho football stadium is named after him, except they spell it Kibbie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFods1KSWsQ[/youtube]
by south carmain
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: **VOTE FOR RYO TO (possibly) APPEAR IN SASASRT**

the sega forums sure do have a lot of annoying weaboos...

Is there a true definition of weaboos?
it's to define people who are obsessed with Japanese subculture to the point where it's near sexual (or is most of the time no matter how much they say there's nothing perverted about watching 10 year old girls dressed like hookers it's kawai) , though nowadays people will label you as a weaboo if you like anything Japanese

on a forum it's usually someone with a sexualised or kawai anime character as a profile pic and is incredibly annoying and obnoxious, they also like to boast about how much Japan is superior to America, Dorian was a bit of a weaboo
by south carmain
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

the amount of classics the DC had for its short lifespan is pretty impressive, sega really went all out with it
by south carmain
Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's just say SIII is in development and....

more side stories, the only thing I find missing from shenmue is that it doesn't have enough substories to fill its huge bustling world, it's a great thing that you voiced every character and made hundreds of shops yu but it would be great if these served more than "sorry, I'm busy right now"
by south carmain
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Quick! Corey Marshall's on facebook chat, what should i ask em?

something very personal and degrading
by south carmain
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka Martian wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Yokosuka Martian wrote: Quick! Corey Marshall's on facebook chat, what should i ask em?

something very personal and degrading

So asking him about that receding hairline is in that ballpark of questions?

I can Imagine the following conversation being a little like this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz5IPs_a8Eg[/youtube]
by south carmain
Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo wrote: Ryo is at 64. God I hate those fucks voting for a pedo trap fake pop star :???:

I can imagine them a little like this
by south carmain
Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 small leap in power less costly *RUMOR*

I like this, if true it seems amongst all the chaos sony stopped, took a deep breath and looked back on its successful days while incorporating what made the wii so successful, an affordable platform for both developers and consumers which offers enough possibilities to be enjoyable while it also has enough limitations to avoid developers to be expected to go over the top in everything
by south carmain
Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the problem with us shenmue fans is that shenmue taught us honesty and fair play while the others are probably just multi voting :lol: damn Iwao and his life lessons
by south carmain
Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, they removed a lot of cool characters for Pudding and Danica Patrick. didn't know Billy hatcher was out as well as Jacky/Akira.
typical sega thing to do, nowadays whenever I hear them doing something stupid like that their theme always plays in my head as if anything that stupid is trademarked by them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6hIABR-nU
by south carmain
Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

meh you can stay at mine, skyscraper apartment with gym and swimming pool, better than any hotel you can find around here that don't cost hundreds a night
That's a serious offer to someone over the internet :lol:
I see nothing wrong with it, it's like couch surfing, and I grew up in the hood surrounded by the psychos so if you turn out to be one I'll just kick you out somewhere in the desert :P
by south carmain
Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What "makes" Shenmue for you?

I always found the stiffness of ryo something that made the game more immersive and closer to reality

Edit: HAH now everyone knows you edited your post :P
by south carmain
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wash your car or dog outside. 100,000$ a day fine

lol this will never work, you can pass as many laws as you want they mean nothing if the police don't care enough to enforce them and the people don't care to respect them
by south carmain
Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRUuNBfhjs[/youtube]
by south carmain
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic