Search found 450 matches

Return

Re: SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES - A Fan-Film

Hi again everyone,

Our Shenmue film SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES is now online!

Vimeo:
phpBB [video]

YouTube:
phpBB [video]

Behind-the-Scenes video:
phpBB [video]

Thanks again so much for watching!
by Your Boy Leroy
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Just finished kiwami on legendary. With all my stats leveled up in new game plus it was less of a challenge than doing the game on normal mode except for the shooting segment, that part was pretty frustrating especially since when you lose you have to do all the fights in the restaurant beforehand.
That car chase was such a pain. Can't recall how many attempts that took me.

In other news Yakuza 4 & Yakuza 5 are now on PlayStation Now. I may be tempted to play Yakuza 4 again over the week's trial period..
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

So in less than 9 months I’m going to end up being a father.

Fucking bricking it but really excited too. Don’t care whatever gender, just hopefully healthy.
by Sokora
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

So I started watching Rurouni Kenshin earlier (seen a few episodes years ago, but never got far), and it got me to thinking about Hokuto ga Gotoku... like, how great would it be if Sega started doing more of these games in the Yakuza mold, but with a variety of other anime franchises?
They've got Fist of the North Star covered, but Rurouni Kenshin is another that would work brilliantly, and I could probably sit here and make a whole list of others that could totally fit the bill. Seems like such a simple idea, but the basic Yakuza setup could be really multi-functional if they licensed a bunch of other stuff.
KoeiTecmo does it with their Warriors line (they've done Fist of the North Star, Berserk, and Arslan so far), so why not Yakuza? At the very least the Yakuza formula is far more conducive toward storytelling than Warriors ever has been.
Would be nice if that kind of thing happens. Just a random thought.
by OL
Sat May 19, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

south carmain wrote: I can't believe I've been on this forum for over 6 years.

You're just a tadpole! Some of us old schoolers here are so old and elite, they had to start pinning our medals to our pants.

by Sonikku
Thu May 24, 2018 4:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 game developers

Don't smash the panic button just yet.

The games in the collection aren't ports, they're using an emulator wrapper. Going by D3T saying they were asked to just add new features and do the shovel work to get them onto console/update the PC version, it's fairly likely they're using the same emulator SEGA have been using since last gen too (which was criticised for imperfections even back then).

In the ERA thread linked you'll find speculation Unity not playing nice with the emulator may be the issue here, actually. SEGA Forever suffered a lot of the same issues, and that was pinned on Unity.

At the end of the day, this was just a cheap and cheerful compilation collection. D3T weren't asked to write a new emulator, or port these games from source. They still deserve trust with Shenmue considering neither of the factors likely at fault here (Unity, emulation) are going to be involved in the release of I & II.
by Spaghetti
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Data Discs Repress - Shenmue Soundtrack Vinyl

Got my order today! The print quality of the cover artwork is really good!

by FlagshipFighter
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "AI Battling" Stretch Goal

I am going to be honest about this, and ive had this discussion earlier today with a few others.

You are more than free to try and get people to increase their pledges, but the Dojo as a brand will not be taking part in any campaign to try and get to "7 million".

Whilst its a nice round number, at this point in time, our focus is now to encourage sales of both the re-releases and also of course, Shenmue 3. The problem is the more copies of the game that go through the PayPal avenue risk the number of people buying the game at retail, and at this point, that's not what we need. Shenmue 4 is dependant on retail sales alone. Its been said numerous times, and if someone uping their pledge to get another copy results in them NOT buying a copy at retail then there's no way i can support that.

Crowdfunding has gotten us to where we are now with Shenmue 3, and it has indeed #savedshenmue. But its done. With additional funding from Shibuya, followed by Deep Silver, the development timescale for this game would have been locked in, and any projections for in game mechanics such as the 7 million dollar AI Battling system would have either been included, or dropped depending on those factors. With Shenmue 3 more or less a year away, i would also doubt they are going to edit the entire mechanics of a big part of the game all because there was a push at the end.

Do i think AI Battling is already in the game? Yes is do. So my advice would be to not push for a simple round figure that could jeopardise Shenmue 4, but wait until the Slacker Backer campaign is over, and then push people to buy both the re-releases as well as 3. Those retail figures are what will make the most difference.
by Peter
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "My money!"

In the beginning of Shenmue II, did anyone else spend 499 yen out of 500 on buying up figurines before leaving the starting area?

It's not yen, is it? Been a while since I played, but I'm pretty sure he'd converted his money to HK dollars at the beginning of the game.

Also when I read the title for this topic, my first thought was actually Echigoya dying in the first Tenchu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTL4Nx_FJc4&t=2m35s
Yeah, I'm old.
by OL
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye Posts

I remember just a matter of a few hours ago when I joined and posted my introduction. Good times.
by Eneath
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic