Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Segabits: My Life with SEGA - Shenmue Review

Great review. My only complaint was little or no mention of Shenmue II, but if a separate video is to come, then yay.

Absolutely! A second will come as soon as I snag a PAL Dreamcast copy. I highly doubt I could've talked about both games in 15-minutes or less. Hell, I still feel bad for not going more in-depth on the controls; specifically during the free-battle sequences, as well as some of the little details. You know, like listening to cassettes, or the jukebox. Collecting the little toys. Some of the puzzle solving aspects, like the room hidden beneath the dojo. However, I like to treat the games I review as if the viewer hasn't played them, so I don't like to spoil the fun of discovery....

It's a balancing act. I could've talked about that first game and it's influence on modern gaming for an hour, but that would alienate newcomers I think.

Don't mind me. I'm rambling.
by mylifewithsega
Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Segabits: My Life with SEGA - Shenmue Review

Hello all! A.J. Rosa here. This is my first post, though I've been lurking for a bit. I don't like to spread myself too thin. Between answering YouTube comments, the SEGAbits forum and so on, it's hard keeping up with everything. Anyway, I'd just like thank the Dojo for all the support. Shenmue was, without a doubt, the hardest review I've made. Having the Dojo in my corner made the experience much easier to tackle.

Thank you for the kind words, folks. I really appreciate it. Eventually, once I snag a PAL copy, I'll review Shenmue II. I'm sure it would be easier and cheaper to snag an Xbox along with Shenmue II, but I want to review the Dreamcast version. I'm not a big fan of reviewing SEGA games for non-SEGA consoles. I'm kind of weird like that.

As for my voice, I had no choice but to record the narration when I was suffering through a cold. I'm sure the smoking doesn't help either, though I blame the cold. The gruff voice was difficult because I kept blowing takes. Coughing and nose-blowing made everything harder. On top of that, I can't tell you how many times I had to keep myself from saying, "This is Snake. Do you read me, Ryo? I'd like to talk about Shenmue." LOL! In any case, unless I screw myself again, my voice will sound as it has for the last 45 episodes; clear and effeminate. ;-)
by mylifewithsega
Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic