Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: Vote for Microsoft to bring us shenmue!!

Why not? (Already) done.
by Giorgio
Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki hinting at shenmue at gamelab with a "3" oh my go

Most of you'll think Yu Suzuki with that slide trolls ("It's a little joke I did last night," he warned). But deep down is a call to the industry: "PUBLISHERS ARE YOU LISTENING?" ‪#‎SaveShenmue‬
by Giorgio
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collection of Shenmue mentions from Sony

Very nice. It sure seems like Sony is on our side here.
by Axm
Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

http://i.imgur.com/BJRCaRH.jpg

A Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has just been announced at Sony's E3 press conference! Let's make Yu Suzuki's dream a reality! Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Info site: http://shenmue.link/

Kickstarter Links: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | E3 Kickstarter Reveal | Kickstarter Promo
Shenmue Fan Communities: Shenmue 500k | NeoGAF | Yu Suzuki's Twitter
by Ziming
Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue E3 Discussion

Thank you all! It's been a damn hard road we've all walked on, but Shenmue 3 is surely reality now, especially with more or less 1 million dollars in just under an hour or so since the kickstarter started. But, although it may seem like we can all finally sigh in relief now, the work has only just begun and our hardest work is only yet to come! But! This continued hard work will pay off - just some quick thoughts to whet your imaginations:

1) Like many suggest, 2 million dollars is hardly enough to make a top calibre game these days. So where is the rest of Shenmue 3's real budget coming from? Likely a combination of what Suzuki himself has been able to accrue from several years of hard effort in rallying for this project and hopefully, most likely, Sony.

But this Kickstarter is incredibly important!!! This Kickstarter, and however much real money we fans literally finally end up contributing to it *IS* the proof that there is an audience waiting and wanting desperately for the game, which all in good faith should prove to whomever else is thinking about working with and supporting Suzuki monetarily that their money and resources is going towards a legitimately genuine cause.

Once and for all, let's prove to Sega that there is a real fanbase for Shenmue willing to truly support the franchise with our own hard earned money. It won't mean much, but it sure as hell will bolster Suzuki's pride knowing that his fans are there to support him truthfully and earnestly even when his own damn parent company in Sega didn't for all these years.

2) Shenmue 1 and 2 HD isn't so out of the question just yet. Sony do seem like they want Suzuki and Shenmue 3 to succeed. If the Kickstarter is a great success and Yu and Co. (truly awesome how Yu was able to get most of the original staff back together like a band to do this, once and for all...) truly do start working heavily on completing the game, there's no reason why Sony wouldn't step up to the plate and do whatever they can to make Shenmue 1 and 2 HD releases as a primer leading up to Shenmue 3 a reality.

Like Suzuki said it - the fate of Shenmue is in our hands now...as it's always been. While other fanbases get spoonfed their wildest wishes (ie. SquareEnix probably has no financial worry about remaking FF7...), we will always have to work hard to get ours. So - not until the very day when Shenmue 3 is finally released will our real work let up.

Let's do this, my dear friends. Thanks.
by Wanderin'
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Anybody remember that Shenmue HD remake that was posted to youtube about a year ago?

I think Yu should hire this kid to do some work, He made this in Unreal Engine 4 (Same engine that Shenmue 3 is using)

He did a pretty good job in staying faithful to the original art style all while making it look graphically impressive.

Seems like a very passionate fan as well.

http://s22.postimg.org/69ormt0y7/Untitled.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7cjDaOQpB0

I wonder if Yu has seen this video.

well Yu is using Twitter now :) if enough of us send a link his way, you never know! :) and you'll be giving the guy a dream job too :)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep donations running after the kickstarter

This needs to happen. Has the AMA happened yet on reddit?
by ShenSun
Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep donations running after the kickstarter

I think you've brought up something very important here. I could see myself paying like, let's say 30 or even 50$ a month for the remainder of the game's development.

I wouldn't even expect any kind of reward for that and I'm sure there's thousands of other die hard fan boys like me who'd do the same. Immagine if only a thousand people took this monthly $30 "subscription", that would enable Ys Net to pay a 30,000 $ worth of wages every month (minus tax and fees, of course).

And I'd be fine without any reward. If they'd send me a monthly newsletter by email, I'd be happy. If I didn't get anything other than the guarantee that my monthly payment is going into S3, I'd be happy.

I haven't touched a (new) video game in six or seven years, but Jesus, I've been waiting all my life for this game and I know that it's probably not gonna get a funding as big as 47 million $ this time but I want to do everything I can and I'm willing to go out of my way to make this better.

Can I throw another $1000 at this game right now? No, unfortunately not. Can I contribute $1000 over the span of 2 years? Yes, Sir!

They should definitely look into this "monthly fan contribution" thing.
by Hyo Razuki
Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

sand4fish wrote:
Himuro wrote: Yu is answering questions in the old AMA. *facepalm*

Where's the link???

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ma/cscmzsa
by Himuro
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Himuro wrote: Yu is answering questions in the old AMA. *facepalm*

Oh noes. :cry:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... w_posting/

NEW ONE IS UP!
by Anthony817
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

flip wrote:
Wanderin' wrote: If I'm not mistaken, there currently are no questions about the free battle mechanic in the AMA!

We really need one up there and have everyone upvote it

Everyone upvote this. It't about the battle system:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ng/csco1np
by Arm Wrestler
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q: Will the band-aid ever come off?

A: I am considering a special option where it could be removed.

Q: Will we see Ryo's Journal return? Would be cool to be able to flip the pages using the PS4's touchpad.

A: I would like to bring back the Journal. That is an interesting idea, I will look into it. Thank you.

Shit the PS4 touchpad was my question. Nice.

Awesome idea, hope he actually does it.
by FourWuDu1026
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That idea about flipping the journal using the touchpad is actually pretty cool.

lol about the band aid. That's... good, I guess?
by Arm Wrestler
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, he really is eager to interact with the fans. The more he answers, the more confident and relaxed I am about Shenmue III...this will be a masterful game, just like I and II.
by Supa
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going to bed. Great night, Dojo. We did a great job! Keep the answers updated!
by Himuro
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Somebody put up a Shenmue kickstarter banner on 4chan

oh hi \:D/

thanks, I really wanted a screen grab of it !

I have paid for another 200k adserves for the duration of the campaign on /vg /vr and /jp

the stats for this separate campaign so far

Code: Select all
41,904 Impressions    153 Clicks    0.37% CTR

by wataro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Somebody put up a Shenmue kickstarter banner on 4chan

I wonder how much a Google ad would cost for a banner ad. I can get my wife to make some graphics. She's a graphic designer for a magazine.

EDIT

Also, in future ads do you think we should include something like "Be a part of video game history" as a call-to-action? We need something to entice people who don't know what a Shamoo is.
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

If rewards apply to the Paypal, i will definitely be getting the replica jacket, the crystal sculpture and also possibly a Lucky Hit board.
by Peter
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Honestly the Paypal thing puts a bad taste in my mouth. What they should be doing is merchandising. If they make official Shenmue related fan stuff that would be much wiser.

Why does it put a bad taste in your mouth?

That's what she said...

Because they already asked for donations through Kickstarter. To ask for more with nothing in return to a paypal account just doesn't sit right with me. Haven't they heard of corporate sponsorship?
I'm in support either way, but we don't know if they will offer anything, yet.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic