Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Thief » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 pm

I did something I probably shouldn't have...

anyway, my friends gunna be stationed out in Korea and we're gunna play some FFXIV and RE5 together while he's gone. Main reason I bought one but also because I would like to have a PS3 for MGS games and Yakuza games. (also strangely excited for the new Persona even though I've never really played one much)

Thief has received 5 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Axm, Cave Johnson, Raithos, Sonikku
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:55 am

A good pile of games you got with it. May I interest you in the official vertical stand? It makes the PS3 look so much nicer..

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Thief
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:14 am

Grats!..but..you havent had a PS3 yet before?
Well you certainly have alot to play.

Axm has received a thanks from: Thief
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:39 pm

I never actually owned a PS3 myself, my brother had one, and I used to borrow that when I wanted to play a game on the console, but his PS3 has been broken for nearly a year and a half and my brother has no interest in getting a new one.

I guess I should have said that I already owned most of the games I just posted, the only one I bought along with my PS3 was Yakuza 3.

Anyway, I needed the console eventually, I always knew that because of metal gear, but also wanted to have one because I wanted to be caught up to the Yakuza games by the time 5 came out so I could be sure to download it/support the release.

Thanks for the suggestions CR, but I actually prefer the console to be horizontal :P

Thief has received a thanks from: Axm
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:56 pm

I never got a chance to play a PS3. I've always wanted to give Ni no Kuni a try. Someday. :)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 pm

Thief wrote:Thanks for the suggestions CR, but I actually prefer the console to be horizontal :P

No pro, bro.

I was surprised how small they actually made that PS3 when I first saw it. I'm intending to get a vertical stand so I can hide the console behind the TV, since I don't need access to the disc drive anymore because I just buy digital games..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm enjoying the first Vampire Hunter D novel even more than I figured I would, so it's put me in a serious mood for anything VHD-related. The game seems to have gotten a mixed reception, but it looks really cool to me from all the vids I've watched, so whatever. I'm sure I'll have fun with it. A gothic horror Resident Evil-clone. Sounds right up my alley.
Kind of shocking that this is the only VHD game that's ever been made though. The franchise seems tailor-made for gaming, but nothing has ever come about post-PS1. I can only imagine how cool a DMC- or Castlevania-esque stylish action game would be.

OL has received 3 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Henry Spencer, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 pm

^ did bloodborne get you into a vampire hunter d mood or something?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Sort of. I was playing with the character creation stuff in Bloodborne and got the idea to create D (he'd fit with Bloodborne just as well as Dante fits in with SMT: Nocturne). That got me to thinking of how I never got around to reading the books, so I started that. Then when I ended up really enjoying the first novel, I felt like getting into any other VHD-related stuff I could, and thought of the PS1 game.
So yeah, my moods usually follow a pretty direct line of events.

OL has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
OL
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Meant to get it release day, but I was in a lazy mood.
Finally trying it now though, I'm surprisingly blown away. It's honestly hard to tell just looking at pics and videos online, but when you're actually seeing the game "in person," at 60fps, with all the upgraded textures and stuff... man, it's a damn sight. I'm not a stickler for framerates generally, but the bump to 60 makes a big difference in this.
The game seriously looks almost as awe-inspiring as some of the stuff in Bloodborne. Majula looks absolutely beautiful.
This makes me wish we'd eventually see the original Dark Souls or Demon's Souls get this kind of treatment; Dark Souls, in particular, had the best art design of them all, so it'd be insane to see it running on the PS4.

While we're at it, I also really wish any of last gen's Armored Core games could be redone like this as well. I can only imagine how mind-blowing that would be (not to mention how much easier they'd be to play, running smoother and all).

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:20 am

One of my new favorites,"Shadow of the Colossus."

*Kenshin Himura* has received 4 thanks from: Kenny, OL, Peter, Raithos
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Kenny » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:38 pm

^If you just picked it up, you're in for a treat.

I got the PS3 physical copy of this:
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:47 pm

Kenny wrote: ^If you just picked it up, you're in for a treat.

Yeah, I just bought the PS3 copy. I own the PS2 version as well, but wanted the maximum experience of this game, however don't get me wrong, the PS2 version of SOC pushed the consoles limits utilizing the PS2 hardware greatly and still looks nice to date.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Oppy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:24 pm

Right now I am a virgin to the souls series, and thinking about picking up dark souls 2 or bloodborne today.For those who have played both, which would be a better choice?
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Axm » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:19 am

Bloodborne is the game made for the PS4 and it shows. I still havent played DS2 but Bloodborne is easily the best game available on PS4.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming