Titanfall 2 (Teaser Trailer)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Titanfall 2 (Teaser Trailer)

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:47 pm

phpBB [video]

I really, really, really hope they don't fuck this up.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Titanfall 2 (Teaser Trailer)

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:31 pm

But the first one was good, no? (With the exception of no campaign)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:10 am

Still is good. One of the best multiplayer games and best shooters I've ever played. Fuckin top game.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:38 am

FlagshipFighter wrote: But the first one was good, no? (With the exception of no campaign)

Yep, the first one was (and, although I haven't played it for a long time now because the Xbox 360 doesn't get a look-in over my PS4, probably still is) fucking fantastic, but there's always that risk of the dreaded 'sequel syndrome'. Plus, there's going to be a single-player campaign this time around, so hopefully they haven't put so much work into that - the thing only a very small percentage of people are going to complete, let alone even play - that the effort put into the multiplayer suffers as a result.

If they can take the core of the first game and make everything about it even better - keep the way the game feels and plays (e.g., brain-dead A.I. grunts running around which can be killed for minimal Attrition points, keeping combat flowing nicely) exactly the same, but have at least ten more weapons (the first game had way too few), around five Titan variants, great map design once again, lots of customisation options, no microtransactions, etc. - they've got a winner.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:08 am

Ah i see, i use to play it when visiting a friend and i thought it was good but i never got round to getting it because tbh FPS shooters isn't really my thing. The game just had sooo many cool ideas with the titans and details like the smart pistol and data knife lol.

I was looking forward to rainbows 6 siege but i was disappointed it was MP only as i use to love the SP component of past games.

Of all the mainstream shooters, the one I'm intrigued about is gears 4, I'm hoping it transitions well with UE4 to the xbone and that they keep it fresh. The formula felt like it was getting REALLY old with GoW judgement. But mostly i just love how that game controls and feels.

Prepare for Titanfall!

FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Peter » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:13 am

I also really enjoyed the first, and COD have been playing catchup to the fluidity of the mechanics the first Titanfall had.

But I am pumped for this since it will have a single player now written by Jesse Stern. I like character development within these FPS titles and that's where COD have dropped consistently since the split a while back. Also with more or less gauranteed upgrades to the multiplayer element, this is going to be a damn good game.

Peter has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Return to General Gaming