What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:22 pm

nowhere near as much as I'd like.

Mostly Fire Emblem: Awakening I got to install Torchlight and Ys Origin, does that count?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:22 am

Rayman Origins has some really infuriating gameplay towards the end to the point I just gave up on it.
It's one thing to present a challenge but another when the game just isn't fair to the player. That takes the game down a few notched for me. It was great at first but now it's at fuck this shit
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 am

Eh, I didn't have much problem with that element of it. It does get to be pretty reliant of trial and error in its latter half, but I can't really say that's much different from most old-school sidescrollers either. It just made me think of the old days, when you had to keep trying stuff over and over before you'd get it right.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Got past that part. Damn things chasing me and I kept tripping. Then got to the guys stomach and that wasn't all that hard but then again running out I kept messing up. I don't react as fast I used to and even then was never very fast. Damn thyroid. The game is challenging. Some of the music esp the windy levels reminds me of Lost Winds music. But yeah maybe not used to old school games anymore....I'm not as young as I used to be. Been playing games since 1986 and in human years that's 126 years old :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Coby » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Coby
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 am

I bought this on clearance the week before christmas and It's been in the plastic wrap until now.Love this game.

Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:34 am

I enjoyed it on my first play but when i tried to replay it i noticed more and more it was just a bunch of mini games over and over and the game forces you to play how it wants you to.

Would have liked the game to punish you if you cocked up too badly, In the end its a linear game trying to work in an open world. And the fact that 80% of the map i pointless upsets me.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby OL » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Popped in some random games yesterday, just for the hell of it.

Got my copy of Monster World IV in the mail, so I had to play that. Only finished the first "dungeon", but damn, it felt so good playing it. Just such a smooth, fun game.

Also threw in Rocket Knight Adventures for a few levels, since I bothered to hook up my Genesis. Still easily one of the best games on the system. Music, graphics, control, personality, challenge... it's all there, and it's all excellent. Made me want to play the DLC Rocket Knight game. Really pissed that that hasn't found its way on to a disc yet.

Played the first stretch of Star Ocean: Til the End of Time for PS2. I played through most of the game years ago, but have kind of been itching to do it again more recently. I was pretty surprised by how nostalgic it got me.
Fantastic combat, crisp, colorful graphics, very nicely-orchestrated music, and a surprisingly great level of overall presentation (didn't even realize it had 16:9 support before).
I remember being amazed that it was on two discs back when I first got it, too. That was unheard of at the time for me.
"Two DVDs?!?!"
Easy to laugh about now, but back then it was kind of impressive all in itself.
I finished most of the game years ago; got to the second disc, at least, and I had already seen the game's big "twist", so I think I was almost near the end (probably around the 3/4 mark). Really want to finish it one day.

Also played a bit of Xenosaga which, despite owning the full trilogy, I've never actually played before. Really liked what was there. Combat was Xenogears-esque, and the graphics are of course very attractive and smooth. Nice presentation.
Only thing that kept eating at my nerves was the english cast's pronunciation of KOS-MOS's name. Somehow none of them seemed to understand that it's a play on the word "cosmos", and kept pronouncing it with a long O sound, like "coze-mose". Just started to get on my nerves, since I knew in my head how it was supposed to sound.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Final fantasy 13-2, the game seems to be a mix of cutscenes, qte's, pretty graphics and defending japanese pop culture against sparkling monster, i'm 2 hours in amd my first impressions are pretty good even though i'm a bit lost as i only played through the first 4 hours of ff13 and their resume is a little vague

Only thing i would complain about so far is how overcomplicated they make things seem with their tutorials even though it's pretty simple, but not many games get the tutorial right so it doesnt matter, i wish they would of kept more elements from old school final fantasy though
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:08 pm

^ Vomit

Want some great RPG's Xenoblade & The Last Story,Blue Dragon,Lost Odyssey
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Played lost odysee it was a good game very old school, the only thing i didnt like in lost odysee is having to look at a child dressed as a hooker through out most of it, none of these are on ps3 unfortunately so i guess i'm stuck with final fantasy for now
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby PirateMuffins » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:44 am

I hated those two little brats in Lost Odyssey, great game though, one of my favourites this gen and very underrated imo.

Been playing Skyrim again, still got tons to explore even after putting around 80 hours into it, not to mention all those awesome mods 8)
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Calshot » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby OL » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:23 am

The demo for Max Anarchy was actually really good. Felt a lot like Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, but with much more forgiving attack animations (the ones in FotNS took more precision timing, while in this one they're a bit more instantaneous, like most action games).
Not a game I'll go crazy over; it's basically just a flashy brawler/slasher. But it's definitely really good regardless. I'll certainly get it at some point.
It'd be great for just a bit of dumb fun. Never anything wrong with that.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Beat Resonance of Fate. Next time I play it I get to keep all the goodies from this play-through in the Save+.

Now I am starting the first Assassin's Creed and am just starting after the tutorial.

Nolan North lives in my speakers, I remember to feed him. Having played all 3 console Uncharted's, Resonance of Fate which he does the English voice of one of the three main characters, and now AC. What's funny is he doesn't even change his voice for the different roles I have heard so far so you know its him everytime you hear him. "Hey it's Nathan Drake transformed into the hunter Vashyron (RoF)". :lol:
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming