XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox- ... purchases/

Not only no BC with 360 retail games but you can't play XBLA games you bought on 360 either. Seriously this thing so so fucked.

Ok ok the good news is you can keep that worthless gamerscore! Yay.....
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Tue May 21, 2013 3:00 pm

So far, the only thing that has me by the balls in all this next-gen hullabaloo is the next Thief game.

Everything else I'm hearing and seeing are just gimmicks, multimedia add-ons, and movie trailers masquerading as game trailers. I'm chucking XBOX One next to the Wii-U in the "I don't care" pile. Now it's up for Sony's next Playstation to garner SOME interest from me, the paying customer.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby The_Intruder » Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Did they say if Xbox one is going to have DDR3 or DDR5 ram? I only saw in the conference that it has 8GB ram.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Ryudo wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote:
Ryudo wrote:MS just lost next gen.

Seems to me like consoles as a whole have have lost this gen to PC.

As it stands right now Next gen for me has already started and it's Vita and 3DS.

Right on all counts. Right now I'm thinking if I buy a new console it'll be the PS Vita..

I'm far more excited for the handheld games coming out/already out than I am with anything on consoles nowadays. Plus, Vita gives you a massive library full of PSX & PSP titles to choose from.

And with somebody on Game Informer basically saying that E3 will be good for Vita owners, I'm more interested in what's coming there. Always preferred games made on a medium sized budget compared to the indie games and AAA budget titles, myself, so it's a great system for those games that fall in between both types.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 21, 2013 3:09 pm

^ Dragons Crown,Project X Zone,Muramasa,Ys IV FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! This year is going to be great
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MS just showed today they have no clue. They also can't count. Tho technically all 3 systems just been called Xbox. Xbox Xbox 360(when you go 360 degrees it's just Xbox) Xbox One. So MS has trolled calling all 3 systems Xbox 1 in some fashion or another.

Sony can count. Nintendo can't spell. MS names each system exactly the same because they have no imagination since Blackley left and only other name they can think of is Windows 8 Games Box.

You know you've totally bombed when they won't even make gif's out of your conference
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Pay to play used games? :lol: Microsoft being Microsoft.Guess they don't make enough money by shoving ads down your throat.

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Xbox One will not function without Kinect.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/x ... t-attached

AHAHAHAHA! Fuck that.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

So basically in 10 years time, I won't be able to play said games? This thing really is as bad as people were hyping it up to be. Jesus.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Well that was a bit underwhelming.

I get the philosophy behind the name Xbox One, but wasn't Xbox 360 a similar idea? What's the next one going to be called: Xbox Epicentre? Xbox United? Xbox Complete? (Come to think of it, I like the sound of those names better). I honestly think there will be (an albeit small) portion of consumers that will be confused by the naming convention. It makes me think of the Wii U, though not as grand a naming fail.

It seems difficult nowadays in the gaming world to really blow people away with new ideas. Everything we're seeing is simply a natural progression of technology that goes along a predictable path. Better graphics, enhanced networking, better image sensors, etc. There's nothing really revolutionary happening here.

In many ways I do embrace new entertainment tech. I mean, who doesn't like to do a quick surf or quick game on your phone or tablet while a commercial is on the TV? What I like is the fact that this kind of engagement is passive. It's easy to toss your phone beside you on the sofa when something on the big screen engages you. To have multiple applications running in simultaneous windows seems like a jarring experience to me. They talk about immersion as being a primary concept, but how can you be immersed in a movie, TV show or game by splintering your attention into multiple places at once? I can already feel my already shortened attention span reach new heights.

This machine doesn't interest me. I don't want a big camera box sitting in front of my television. I don't feel like talking to my entertainment system (which is optional, I'm sure). I don't want more force feedback in my controller buttons. This news about effectively wiping out secondhand sales seems like an incredibly bad business decision.

There's only two things I found particularly noteworthy about this conference: the new IPs (which will be interesting to see what they'll be), and video sharing. Sony made it out to be one of the PS4's primary features, and MS treats it as a footnote.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Sonikku » Tue May 21, 2013 3:38 pm

It's about money. Nothing more. It's nothing about "hardware incompatibility" shenanigans. If that's all it was it could be fixed with emulation. That's what the the 360 did. For that matter, that is what the PS3 did after Sony ditched the $12 PS2 chip, but before they nixed backwards compatibility altogether. Why ditch BC through emulation mid cycle when it didn't cost Sony anything? Answer; It DOES cost them something, they would prefer to sell the game to you all over again over PSN at a later date. No doubt many of the games on Xbox Arcade will find themselves on the Xbox One again, "different" architecture and all. Just with an additional price tag. At least when Sony made Vita owners re-buy their downloaded PSN games purchased for their older PSP systems it was more honest.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 21, 2013 3:40 pm

:lol:

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Who Really Cares?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Tue May 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Basically this is worse then just locking down used games, because they install the entire game and installs are manditory this makes it all zero sense why anyone would NEED the disc in the first place. Basically making DRM downloadable games the future of Xbox software distribution.
If you buy into the next Xbox basically you're putting in the vote that you dont need a disc to operate your games.
So if this Xbox does take off with the mainstream then say goodbye to physicall media in the future.

PS4 could even choose to still follow suit eventually if they still wanted to, but I think they will see all the backlash given to MS and not want in on that.

Xbox One is basically not the gamers system. PS4 will be for the hardcore and Wii U will continue to be for family/that weird system begging for 3rd party support.
Last edited by Axm on Tue May 21, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axm has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue May 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Sonikku wrote: It's about money. Nothing more. It's nothing about "hardware incompatibility" shenanigans. If that's all it was it could be fixed with emulation. That's what the the 360 did. For that matter, that is what the PS3 did after Sony ditched the $12 PS2 chip, but before they nixed backwards compatibility altogether. Why ditch BC through emulation mid cycle when it didn't cost Sony anything? Answer; It DOES cost them something, they would prefer to sell the game to you all over again over PSN at a later date. No doubt many of the games on Xbox Arcade will find themselves on the Xbox One again, "different" architecture and all. Just with an additional price tag. At least when Sony made Vita owners re-buy their downloaded PSN games purchased for their older PSP systems it was more honest.

That's why I love my launch Phatty. Fully B/C with PS1/PS2 games. I still have at least a half-dozen PS2 titles sitting next to my PS3 titles. But your point is well made.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 pm

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54430/xbox-one-gam ... ned-block/

Again, at no point when I was talking to MS did they say there was a fee for used games. They said used games were important and supported.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming