Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:06 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/15/ ... a-2-review

IGNs review is up! There is also a sexy video of the Collectors Edition unboxing. Cant wait till next week when it gets here. Still cant believe im spending $170 on this release...

Also did anyones amazon pre-order of the CE get an email saying the shipping/arrival date is up in the air?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:22 pm

I decided to cancel the CE. Just getting the regular version now. Double the price of a standard game just isn't worth it for a bunch of knick knacks I'll never use. The art book and cd would have been welcome, but I just don't want the other stuff enough to justify the price.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Understandable. I will say there is a bit more to this CE compared to the last one. I like the knick knacks, even thought I know I wont use em, this is more of a shelf item. heres hoping they do another bad ass CE for Zesteria. I guess Im kind of being a whore about buying the CEs for JRPGs lately, I dont spend much on gaming anymore as it is, so I figure I better get the good stuff for the important releases. That hardback guide is what put the price over the top, well that and the $30 extra for the CE this time around.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Yeah mine doesn't have a shipping date either. And usually they charge my card on Friday's for new releases so idk whats going on with that. Hopefully nothing lol. I'm excited, I can't wait to play it.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:09 pm

They finally posted the arrival date for it, monday the 25th through that friday... so next week. An entire week after the game comes out. Weird, hopefully it gets here sooner, im hoping to god something doesnt go wrong with these items, but weird arrival dates like that can some times be an indicator. Will they seriously not be shipped out tomorrow or... wtf is going on?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:30 pm

You always seem so worried about this stuff. :P
I've literally never had anything go wrong with shipping from Amazon. And even when it's seemed like a package didn't get shipped out quick enough to meet the expected arrival date, they'd spring for faster shipping, and it would end up getting to me at the right time anyway.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Cant wait to play it over the bank holiday weekend.
Just need to get through this week of work first...
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm

OL wrote: You always seem so worried about this stuff. :P
I've literally never had anything go wrong with shipping from Amazon. And even when it's seemed like a package didn't get shipped out quick enough to meet the expected arrival date, they'd spring for faster shipping, and it would end up getting to me at the right time anyway.

Well, amazon has changed alot lately. They are meh now a days. They changed their $25 free shipping qualifications to $35, tax is now a factor no matter where you buy (so technically, pre-ordering from gamestop is once again more time efficient but I pre-ordered the first chance I got for xillia 2 since I knew the namco LEs go quick, and amazon stopped taking pre-ordered for them shortly after it was put up). There was the Ni No Kuni wizards edition fiasco that I ultimately got fucked out of a copy. And you should have seen some of the Bravely Default Limited Edition's that were sent through amazon, many were mangled beyond recognition out of the shipping package (I got lucky and pre-ordered through gamestop on that one, but that honestly wasnt amazons fault entirely as the boxes for that LE were just weak to begin with, but still, many fans got screwed, I feel humbled i got one that was in decent shape). its hard to tell with these releases anymore, when ordering from first party amazon, things are usually peachy. But with items that have the potential for selling out, and being rare, quantity doesnt always reach demand, even when pre-ordered. Im sure everything will work out fine, but there are plenty of reasons to be cautious about it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:52 am

To be fair, the Bravely Default issue was totally Amazons fault. They shipped those limited editions in fucking bubble mailers lol they never stood a chance of arriving in tact. The one I got from Best Buy was shipped in an over sized box and arrived in perfect shape. You can almost taste the tears of the crying fans when you look through the Amazon customer photos of the Bravely Default CE lol. I was almost one of them, they canceled my pre-order like a week before launch which is why I was got mine from Best Buy. Praise be to Yevon for that one.
My first shipping email for Xillia 2 said it would arrive by the 25th as well, then I got another one yesterday morning saying it had shipped and that it was expected to arrive on the 20th. Let me know if that guide is worth it or not when you get it. I don't usually buy guides but since we hardly ever get them for Tales games, let alone hardcover ones, I might spring for it later. I just spent 3 days moving, I'm ready to sit on my ass all weekend and play.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:03 pm

And here we go... I got an email saying my Xillia 2 guide has shipped, but no mention of my CE which is "preparing to ship" in my order statuses. Its really weird, its all one order but it says one item has shipped and one is preparing to. And here I was thinking I would get everything in one box. I wonder why they didnt ship them together? the CE has been "preparing" since yesterday. Im starting to get nervous about it...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:55 pm

I actually played the first hour of Xillia 1 yesturday cause I got it free on PS Plus awhile back. I thought it was pretty cool. Right now im busy with other games but when I get the time ill go for it as my next RPG to play. Seems like alot of people liked it.

Axm has received 3 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, OL, Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Day 3 of my Xillia 2 CE being in "preparing to ship" mode. I'm kind of at a loss right now as to why they would be waiting so long to ship this, or better yet why the arrival dates changed shortly before release. I am still gonna give them the benefit of the doubt until saturday when my guide is supposed to get here, maybe they actually are shipped together or something, who knows right? Still nervous about it, i dont wanna have to go on a wild goose chase to hunt one of these things down...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:08 pm

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/t ... ive/114644

since when was tales of hearts r a gamestop exclusive? Ugh, I swear... definitely gonna have to pre-order it now. Its gonna be rare.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:31 pm

I wouldn't worry about it man. You'll get your Xillia 2. But I understand the nervousness. This one wasn't super limited like Chronicles was, Amazon just didn't get all their stock on time from what I've read. The Gamestop I used to work at has a few in stock so if you have trouble getting it let me know and I'll help ya out. They told me they did when I pre-ordered Hearts R there yesterday. And I definitely agree Hearts R might be hard to track down in the future.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Well this is the packaging my hardback guide came in, its paper thin, and there was no bubble wrapped interior or anything, meaning nothing to keep it from being damaged, and as you can see the package was kind of mangled how I got it and it was even more awkwardly bent when i pulled it out of my mail box. My guide is a little beat up because of it, top and bottom of the spine near the edges are bent.

And that is just one issue, and not even the big one but obviously no CE or game, just the guide. I just got off the phone with amazon, and they basically couldnt tell me anything for sure as to what happened with their stock, other than the first 500 people that pre-order get the first shipment, and the rest get it whenever else, I told them I wasnt happy with the changes they had made lately and said I was probably going to start going through someone else for most of my things and hung up. Really disappointed with the shitty service amazon has given me. I am about to call my local gamestop and see if they have it, if they do im canceling the other order with amazon.

absolutely ridiculous, if they cant get the shipments out in a timely manner (day of release of the following day), they should just stop taking pre-orders after 500 the fucking bastards. Anyway DONE WITH EM!!! I might use em for their 3rd party stores and when they get special versions like that bebop blu ray set, but thats gonna be about it. They used to be so awesome, not anymore.

edit - FUCK I just checked my bank account and realized amazon charged me TWICE for the CE, there are 2 $139.09 transactions. Oh they are about to deal with one pissed off customer. Look like i wont be getting this from gamestop now or anyone else for that matter, looks like I have no choice because if I did I will risk over drafting, they couldnt have fucked this up more.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming