Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Thief » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:54 pm

I vastly prefer Shenmue to Yakuza, but that doesn't mean I don't want to continue the Yakuza series. As OL said, I find Japanese gang politics to be really fascinating, and I never really gave it much thought until I played the Yakuza games. It's similar to how Shenmue piqued my interest in Chinese culture.

I think they're both great but they are also very different from one another and it doesn't have to be a "one or the other" type of thing. Of course, if you don't want to play them, that's fine. I just don't see why Shenmue coming back makes Yakuza pointless to play.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:13 pm

I love premise of Yakuza, I love the story and characters, I love the setting, I love japan. There is just something with the quality of the production values that I just think could be so much more, and I know the lack of depth is present in the first 3 games. Maybe the areas are just too small and there isnt enough to do, or not enough interaction, or too much is re-hashed, just something about the first 3 games that seemed like it was lacking and I felt like this series deserved so much more but by mid way through the 3rd game I was over it, maybe these games were too similar. Idk but the story and characters werent enough to keep me going through it, the series just seemed to stall out on me half way through the 3rd.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:16 pm

So, still no news on Zero coming to NA on the PS4? I think if they get these games out on the PS4 they'd at least do a bit better here.

Yama has received a thanks from: OL
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:55 pm

^^Yeah, seriously. I think they may be waiting to see how Y5 does. It's a long wait to be putting on, but it's always been a weird waiting game with this series.
Still, yeah, I'm really eager to see if Zero makes its way over. Can't say it enough how fantastic an idea it is, basing the game in the late-80s and all (only a year later than Shenmue, at that :mrgreen: ). Not only is it such an iconic time period for fans of yakuza film, but it'll also be showcasing Kazuma prior to his prison term, as a bit of a young punk. Goes without saying he'll probably be a really different character because of that.

OL has received a thanks from: Yama
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:32 am

Yakuza 5 has been rated MA15+ & 18+ by the Australian Video Games Classifications board and PEGI, respectively.

Could a release be imminent?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:38 pm

^ Seems like it! Cool. :D I could imagine them to release it sometime around Tokyo Game Show, maybe to coincide with their "We're the old SEGA again, Jet Set Radio Future HD out now, Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD coming soon!" announcement? :p
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:54 pm

^^Along with the announcement that "Hey, it's not just digital anymore! Physical release coming too!"
*sigh*

OL has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Amir » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:01 pm

I hope we get a Yakuza 1-5 collection for PS4 and/or PC. Been looking to play these games for a while but don't want to buy a PS3 just to play them.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:50 pm

^They really should have got that ported to PS4 just on the digital store as people are still just looking for anything to play on the new generation of systems but the games start hitting this holiday.

I'm also amazed we haven't got any confirmation of the release period being pushed back as it is clearly not a summer game anymore.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Riku Rose wrote: ^They really should have got that ported to PS4 just on the digital store as people are still just looking for anything to play on the new generation of systems but the games start hitting this holiday.

I'm also amazed we haven't got any confirmation of the release period being pushed back as it is clearly not a summer game anymore.

It was silently moved to Fall 2015 when the official website launched.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:04 pm

^Well I totally missed that.

The fact this game is coming out digital only two years after the PS4 was released for the PS3 doesn't make me confident for future games in the West. Really wish they did what Atlus was doing with with Persona 5 by making it for PS3 and PS4.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:20 pm

phpBB [video]

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: OL, Pltnm06Ghost
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:37 pm

These twitter questions are a little weak, but it's interesting to hear how the hostess club side stories are always at least partially based on things the devs have either seen or heard about from others. Must be some nutty shit going on in the Japanese night life. :lol:

Couldn't be more excited for this damn game. The wait is killing me.
And just to slide in alongside all the other kickstarter chatter lately, I have to say I really wish they could do a kickstarter or something for localizing the Yakuza games that we've missed so far. I'd gladly contribute to a fund for bringing Kenzan and Ishin over. I'd be just as enthusiastic about that as I am for Shenmue III.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:00 am

Yakuza 5 has been rated for ages 18+ by the German USK..

Aktuelle Altersfreigaben der USK

13.08.15 - Hier sind aktuelle Alterseinstufungen der USK (Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle) für Deutschland.

- NBA LIVE 16 (PS4/Xbox One, EA)
Freigegeben ohne Altersbeschränkung gemäß § 14 JuSchG

- Yakuza 5 (PS3, Sega)
keine Jugendfreigabe gemäß § 14 JuSchG

- FAST Racing NEO (Wii U, Shin'en)
Freigegeben ab 6 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG

- Saint Seiya Soldier´s Soul (PS4, Bandai Namco)
Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG

- FIFA 16 (PS4/Xbox One/PS3, Xbox 360, EA)
Freigegeben ohne Altersbeschränkung gemäß § 14 JuSchG

- Fable Legends (Xbox One, Microsoft)
Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:09 am

Shocker of the day. :lol:
OL
Shenmue III