X (New Monolith Soft Title)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: X (New Monolith Soft Title)

Postby Thief » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Oh, duh. I should have known. I read it as both the U and the P standing for something rather than as the word "up". :P
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 pm

This might be a MMO but wonder since Shulk is in the header of the vid. He might be older. Maybe a a commander. Used the info from the mechon to build mechs. After all he was good with it and used scrap metal to build other tech. Also if among the homs they had people like Mumkhar then maybe more like him and build mechs.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 am

Yukupo wrote: Awesomeness. Not that I've played Xenoblade yet. *cough*

Hand over your balls, or they shall be taken by force.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 pm

:oops: X.I keep watching the trailer. I might be wrong but think I saw a couple updated areas in XB like Bionis Leg and the desert sword.I hope much more is shown at E3 as well as towns and hopefully a single player story. 2013 looks to be fantastic year for RPG's. Also doubt X is the final name. XB was originally Monando Beginning of the World
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Looks alot like Lost Planet and Monster Hunter the more I see it. Which is really great.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:16 pm

So I been wondering if anyone (preferably Yama) is going to make a MiiVerse community for the dojo this spring. It'd be cool to set up co-op in X or Monster Hunter directly though the system.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Axm » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Exactly what I was thinking. Would be a great way to organize party sessions.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:19 am

Monolith claims to have no problems with the CPU. Also shows some comparison with FFXIIILR
http://playeressence.com/monolith-soft- ... ion-jrpgs/

Edit: Title is misleading. Monolith did not say this. Really just an opinion article and more a comparison of visuals. Also the person who submitted the piece said he used the title to throw in the face of a developer that said Wii U CPU stops the system from large open areas.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 am

Breathtaking.

PLEASE, shamelessly rip off everything great about Monster Hunter, even more so everything loot related.

If it's a MMO I go as far to say this will be a second coming for Monolith, in terms of commercial sucess.

WiiU? I'm interested now.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 pm

I wanted to share some thoughts about this trailer, the addition of the mechs (which was alaways a staple of the Xeno games). I know there is little to no information about the game at all, but lets conspiracy theory a little bit shall we? The world, think it will take place on the titans again? Who thinks Bionis and Mechonis will make an appearance again? That being said there are some things to look out for in the coming media we see, The mechon race, the alcamoth race, the nopon and of course the homs (which were the only race i saw in that trailer). Also some other things to think about, how the Xenoblade series might tie into Saga and/or gears. Xenoblade really felt like a beginning of something, I mean all the other Xeno games took place in space in some way or form, and had playable mechs. The fact that they are bringing the mechs back into the equation makes me think some space elements might be coming as well, (keep in mind there was mild space sequence at the end of XB), I think it all kinds of sets the stage for a tie into Xenosaga and possible beyond. Did anyone else get the feeling that the mechonis seemed a bit primitive (as did the whole entire world of Xenoblade really), like you could actually see the gears working and the slow movement of them walking around on the battle field. Whatever takes place in this new game, its apparent technology has progressed. The mechs look alot more advanced than the mechonis in Xenoblade. My inner fan boy cant help but hope that everything gets tied together in some way.

Anyone else have any ideas or thoughts to add to any of that?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 pm

I'll let you know when I finish Xenoblade, right now I'm near the end of the Mechonis fields.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 pm

AG

Ryudo wrote: This might be a MMO but wonder since Shulk is in the header of the vid. He might be older. Maybe a a commander. Used the info from the mechon to build mechs. After all he was good with it and used scrap metal to build other tech. Also if among the homs they had people like Mumkhar then maybe more like him and build mechs.

I also said on another forum that I notice in the video a couple places look like locations from the game. One area reminds me of tge Giant sword and another looks like Bionis leg. I don't think the Titans themselves will appear if this is XB 2 because
in the ending of XB you can see Colony 9 has no walls and the remnants of the Titans in pieces and new mountains and such. Thus they are obliterated with only pieces remain and new land was formed

Also no XB has no ties with Gears or Saga as the original title Monando Beginning of the World and Tetsuya Takahashi has said it's not related to those games. He just likes the name Xeno
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm

yeah but the monado could come back and the titans could be restored to their former glory for all we know
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
yeah but the monado could come back and the titans could be restored to their former glory for all we know

Well he said a world with no gods and with that the Monado no longer needs to exist.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:53 pm

I don't get the MH comparisons. Gears had huge enemies not played Saga and XB had many HUGE enemies. X has the same battle system as XB. So this does not look like MH but a HD XB.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming