What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 pm

OL wrote:^^I'm afraid of that game.
:lol:
I started it and got a few hours in a while back, but I'm so afraid that I'm going to fuck everything up, not finish the game fast enough, etc...
The structure of it makes me feel like I'm going to invest 30, 40, 50 hours into it, then still get a bad ending and have to start over.
I even have the strategy guide, and I'm still afraid of it.
Need to actually try my way through it sometime. The gameplay, graphics, music, and story are all fantastic as far as I've seen. I'm just worried about that structure and "time" limit.

Anyone have any thoughts that might assuage my fears?
I've never actually heard much talk about it, I'm only going by what I know from the manual and the game itself.

Relax and don't rush, grind the characters you know you want to use for the last few dungeons and as you get them ready pawn off a few einhariar to Odin. So long as you stick to a plan and make sure you use your turns wisely you'll be fine, despite the fact that theres pressure on all sides its prety easy to get the good ending.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Godfather on the Wii closest thing I will ever get to LA Noire. Also been watching the Naked City. Why do I torture myself so?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Ryudo wrote:Godfather on the Wii closest thing I will ever get to LA Noire. Also been watching the Naked City. Why do I torture myself so?

I like Godfather 2 since they captured a bit more of the feel of the city, heck even had the catholic school i went to as a little kid.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:11 pm

^ Segata in a catholic girl skirt. I gotta see.

Also want to start up Hotel Dusk, In real Noire mode but unsure if I should since Crono will be here soon.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Ryudo wrote:^ Segata in a catholic girl skirt. I gotta see.

Also want to start up Hotel Dusk, In real Noire mode but unsure if I should since Crono will be here soon.

:oops: I lost abet once and had to wear my sister's skirt.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Ryudo wrote:^ Segata in a catholic girl skirt. I gotta see.

:oops: I lost abet once and had to wear my sister's skirt.

You need to write a book.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
OL wrote:^^I'm afraid of that game.
:lol:
I started it and got a few hours in a while back, but I'm so afraid that I'm going to fuck everything up, not finish the game fast enough, etc...
The structure of it makes me feel like I'm going to invest 30, 40, 50 hours into it, then still get a bad ending and have to start over.
I even have the strategy guide, and I'm still afraid of it.
Need to actually try my way through it sometime. The gameplay, graphics, music, and story are all fantastic as far as I've seen. I'm just worried about that structure and "time" limit.

Anyone have any thoughts that might assuage my fears?
I've never actually heard much talk about it, I'm only going by what I know from the manual and the game itself.

Relax and don't rush, grind the characters you know you want to use for the last few dungeons and as you get them ready pawn off a few einhariar to Odin. So long as you stick to a plan and make sure you use your turns wisely you'll be fine, despite the fact that theres pressure on all sides its pretty easy to get the good ending.

I agree what Segata is saying, OL you have the stratgey guide as well? that should be the ultimate blueprint for your victory in Valkyrie :-o

edit: and Segata dude wtf? stay away from Fosters Beer it'lll get you drunk out of your mind, you've been playing dress up a little too much lately :lol:
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:06 am

Ryudo wrote:Image

Loving the view :mrgreen:
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Thief » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:28 am

Chrono Trigger on the go is probably the best present Square-Enix has ever given me.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dorian » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:54 pm

High Score trophy in Streets of Rage 2 is crazy. It's gonna be painful to get it...

BTW - I'm a pussy after all because I nearly cried when I saw the ending of SoR2. It's was so emotional for me too see Skate being reunited with his bro...
Last edited by Dorian on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Dorian wrote:High Score tropy in Streets of Rage 2 is crazy. It's gonna be painful to get it...

Using the save function is key to obtaining this trophy. It will take longer but it will be worth it in the long run. It can be used after every few enemies when you defeat them without taking much or any damage. I would at least save after every few battles. During boss fights this is especially useful, when you deal some damage to the boss and are in a safe spot save the game. You can then reload each time if you take heavy damage. Be sure to pick up every item you find inside breakable objects as the money all adds to your score. You also receive a time bonus at the end of each level, if you have enough lives you can die just before defeating the boss to reset the time. Then when you defeat the boss the bonus will be much higher. Aim for around 100,000 points per stage, you'll receive slightly more on later stages as well. Also try to build up as many extra lives as you can. You will want at least six lives by the time you reach stage seven. If you've been collecting around 100,000 points per level the trophy will unlock during stage seven, completing the level should put you well over the 800,000 points total.

- http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/street ... admap.html
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Played episode one of Back To The Future. Got it for free awhile back and it was pretty good. May get the entire season some time.

Also about Streets of Rage.

Trophy's are gay.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Dorian » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Dorian wrote:High Score tropy in Streets of Rage 2 is crazy. It's gonna be painful to get it...

Using the save function is key to obtaining this trophy. It will take longer but it will be worth it in the long run. It can be used after every few enemies when you defeat them without taking much or any damage. I would at least save after every few battles. During boss fights this is especially useful, when you deal some damage to the boss and are in a safe spot save the game. You can then reload each time if you take heavy damage. Be sure to pick up every item you find inside breakable objects as the money all adds to your score. You also receive a time bonus at the end of each level, if you have enough lives you can die just before defeating the boss to reset the time. Then when you defeat the boss the bonus will be much higher. Aim for around 100,000 points per stage, you'll receive slightly more on later stages as well. Also try to build up as many extra lives as you can. You will want at least six lives by the time you reach stage seven. If you've been collecting around 100,000 points per level the trophy will unlock during stage seven, completing the level should put you well over the 800,000 points total.

- http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/street ... admap.html

Thanks for the tips, although I was referring to the problem of actually doing it rather than not knowing how to do it, lol. I'll admit, my ass is being kicked on Hardcore just after the ship in Stage 3.

NEEDZ MOAR PRACTICE! XD
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming