The Elder Scrolls

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: The Elder Scrolls

Postby OL » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:19 pm

^^ :rotflmao:
That video is fucking hilarious. I'll have to remember that technique whenever I actually get the game.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Speaking of hilarious, I only hope I do something quite as awesome as this in my playthrough :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTgUm8VEWiU[/youtube]
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:36 am

:lol:
On its own, that just made me want the game a whole helluva lot more.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Dear god this game is ugly. Brown,Grey and bland.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby sylentknyte » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:12 pm

^ I think it looks pretty nice, but regardless, the great thing about The Elder Scrolls games is their mods. I can pretty much guarentee a mod will come out that will give the game a visual style that would will like. Might have to wait a couple of years though. There is an insane amount of mods for Oblivion, makes the game 1000x better.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:17 pm

sylentknyte wrote:^ I think it looks pretty nice, but regardless, the great thing about The Elder Scrolls games is their mods. I can pretty much guarentee a mod will come out that will give the game a visual style that would will like. Might have to wait a couple of years though. There is an insane amount of mods for Oblivion, makes the game 1000x better.

Straight up graphics as in what graphics truly mean then yes it looks nice but the game visually is ugly.
Aesthetics are absent. It has no color tone. It's brown and grey. Even the green is almost grey. The open environments are very bland and uninspired. Though I think it's funny a Wii RPG has much larger environments and looks better as well.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:53 pm

sylentknyte wrote:^ I think it looks pretty nice, but regardless, the great thing about The Elder Scrolls games is their mods. I can pretty much guarentee a mod will come out that will give the game a visual style that would will like. Might have to wait a couple of years though. There is an insane amount of mods for Oblivion, makes the game 1000x better.

thank goodness for the mods that let you swap out textures. When I get around to playing Skyrim they'll likely be something I can do about the fact that it looks like the filter was made of used tampons.

I am really looking foward to sitting and playing it though.

Also a note, why is it that the only real areas where colors pop are dark ones in all these "next gen" games. I saw it in Gears and a few other games, and now I'm seeing it in this. It seems like theres more color and brightness underground or in a dark room than out in the sun.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Sonikku » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Think I'll wait for the inevitable game of the year addition with all the extra content they're going to add. Hopefully by them they fix the bugs. Don't get me wrong, I like elephants falling out of the sky as much as anybody, I just want my character to not be turned into a pancake :(
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Sonikku wrote:Think I'll wait for the inevitable game of the year addition with all the extra content they're going to add. Hopefully by them they fix the bugs. Don't get me wrong, I like elephants falling out of the sky as much as anybody, I just want my character to not be turned into a pancake :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G20ghfQPgPU[/youtube]
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1B8UkaCHW8[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:19 pm

^lawl

Oblivion is the midweek madness sale this week so I decided to grab it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Well I don't remember nordic Vikings having bright and beautiful colours? Skyrim is a cold harsh unforgiving land it's supposed to grey and dark, so stow that talk.

The game at first was a little slow but once I got into it...
WOW!
is it fucking amazing! Just one example from many...I step out of a house randomly then I have 3 racist nord assassins armoured up ready to kill me simply because I'm a Redgaurd, they were shouting things like SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS! I WILL SEND YOU BACK TO SOVERNGARD, REDGAURD! I try to fight them off and end up running away from them low on health with no healing potions and I'm like fuuuuuck. Then all of a sudden this music starts playing out of no where [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHeTfy7gSY[/youtube]
and a huge fuck off dragon comes out of nowhere and breaths train of fire and kills 2 of the nord assasins and then eats one and swings it's neck like Liu Kangs fatality in MK. I was like :shock: then it turns around and looks at me I use my healing magic while it was flying around to full health then put my nord horn helmet on and equipped my bow and arrow and had an epic battle with the dragon hiding behind rocks to avoid it's flames and delivering my fire shout on it that I had just learned, after getting it's health down I did a powerful strike with my dual wielded swords and finally killed it and absorbed it's soul.

That was my first random Dragon encounter and that was when i realized this game is one of the best games I've played in a very very fucking long time and anyone that like RPG's needs to give it a try.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:58 pm

^ I gotta brag but Xenoblade is bigger. :mrgreen:
and for me the best RPG I played this gen and best game I played this gen

However the problem is almost EVERYTHING on these HD twins is grey brown and ugly with no aesthetics. Skyrim has no aesthetics. Sure the graphics are beefy like you would expect but it's still ugly. Hard to play a game for me when looking at the areas and character models bore me. I love the music however. RPG's need to have some life to them. LOTR movie as an example. They knew how to have the gritty look but still retain some color but not to much. So peoples eyes didn't vomit. ES did not even try and find that balance. It's wierd how inside buildings have more color.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Ryudo wrote:^ I gotta brag but Xenoblade is bigger. :mrgreen:
and for me the best RPG I played this gen and best game I played this gen

However the problem is almost EVERYTHING on these HD twins is grey brown and ugly with no aesthetics. Skyrim has no aesthetics. Sure the graphics are beefy like you would expect but it's still ugly. Hard to play a game for me when looking at the areas and character models bore me. I love the music however. RPG's need to have some life to them. LOTR movie as an example. They knew how to have the gritty look but still retain some color but not to much. So peoples eyes didn't vomit. ES did not even try and find that balance. It's wierd how inside buildings have more color.

Damn it boy why do you heed to such shallow, mortal whims? There's a battle that needs your steel my son
In the land of old Skyriiiiiiiim!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsqiSknjHK8[/youtube]
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 pm

OL was here and was a naughty boy. Oopsy. Zapped Ryudo's post into the land of editoria. My mistake.
Don't slap me with the blue dong please I beg of you!

You are forgiven my brother.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming