XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: XBox One

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Could just be because they are holding one hour shows for a few days after their main E3 show which they might use to give all the details.

Jeff from Giant bomb
"That thing was so important that I hadn’t even heard about until right this second!!!11 What, are there people on message boards attempting to pick apart facets of E3 that they don’t actually understand and extrapolating every little move to mean that someone or something is doomed? Because I can’t imagine any other person or group of people getting excited for or caring about a roundtable anything.

Hopefully it means that one more company has learned that roundtable interview formats are not especially useful in this day and age because most of the people there aren’t just looking for one quote or soundbite for their… newspaper article or whatever."
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Worst thing to happen to gaming since I can recall. And my memory is just fine.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Add on to that that there are rumors that they are paying publishers loads of $$$ to NOT show the PS4 version of multiplats at E3 as to show Xbox One in a better light, (it's rumored to be at least 6 months behind as it is). Dirty tactics. :/

Read the same thing from neogaf.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=3110

Two of our most trusted neoGAF insiders have said that Microsoft is reacting hard to what has went down, and so they're going to try to dismantle PS4's image as a "for gamers" console by paying publishers and devs to not show their multiplatform titles during E3 on a PS4. In other words, even if the multiplatform version is coming out for the PS4, they won't be able to show them at E3, thus contributing to the perception that somehow Sony is getting significantly less support for PS4 than Microsoft is "for gamers."

Of course, I'm sure multiplatform games will slip through - they can't possibly pay everyone - but it's extremely telling how they're choosing to spend their money. Rather than do the thing everyone wants, which is end the anti-consumer nonsense, they'll spend their time trying to deceive everyone instead. That should say it all about Microsoft since this year started
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:
Add on to that that there are rumors that they are paying publishers loads of $$$ to NOT show the PS4 version of multiplats at E3 as to show Xbox One in a better light, (it's rumored to be at least 6 months behind as it is). Dirty tactics. :/

Read the same thing from neogaf.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=3110

Two of our most trusted neoGAF insiders have said that Microsoft is reacting hard to what has went down, and so they're going to try to dismantle PS4's image as a "for gamers" console by paying publishers and devs to not show their multiplatform titles during E3 on a PS4. In other words, even if the multiplatform version is coming out for the PS4, they won't be able to show them at E3, thus contributing to the perception that somehow Sony is getting significantly less support for PS4 than Microsoft is "for gamers."

Of course, I'm sure multiplatform games will slip through - they can't possibly pay everyone - but it's extremely telling how they're choosing to spend their money. Rather than do the thing everyone wants, which is end the anti-consumer nonsense, they'll spend their time trying to deceive everyone instead. That should say it all about Microsoft since this year started

So obviously Sony is going to screw over Microsoft by showing their new IP:

Shenmue III.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Edit: NVM. They did clear some things up. Lots of Xbox One details.

On licensing.

With our modern architecture, Xbox One games will load more quickly, will be always accessible from the cloud, and there is no physical limit to the size or scope of the content provided.

Here are our platform policies and capabilities for game licensing – all of which will be made available when Xbox One launches later this year:

•Buy the way you want—disc or digital—on the same day: You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly.

•Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

•Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

•Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

•Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

•Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

As we move into this new generation of games and entertainment, from time to time, Microsoft may change its policies, terms, products and services to reflect modifications and improvements to our services, feedback from customers and our business partners or changes in our business priorities and business models or for other reasons. We may also cease to offer certain services or products for similar reasons.

In the months ahead, we will continue to listen to your feedback as we meet with our partners in the ecosystem to bring additional detail about our policies.

We are excited about this new generation of games and entertainment and look forward to sharing more news with our fans.

More at http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578810

Yeah, so it's effectively an always online console with no loaning, private sells, or renting games.

Also. http://www.washingtonpost.com/investiga ... story.html

Kinect and Privacy?
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:39 pm

^Gets off to a good start and slowly gets worse. Still though, a lot of it isn't half as bad as what peeps are making out. The only thing I've got a problem with is the 24 hour connection thing. Unless MS are stumping up the cash to provide free hot spots in every possible location on the planet for the sole reason for connecting to the internet to confirm that no, you haven't tampered with the console nor have you pirated any games, then fair play to em, nothing's wrong with anything they're doing. I mean, fuck me, the idea of being able to go round to a mate's gaff and playing my games on their console without the need for bringing a disc or owt is pretty fucking sick. Still gonna wait to see how this 24 hour connection thing plays out though before being overly critical of it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Ziming » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: Bluecast, silent killer, Sonikku, Yokosuka Martian
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Not as bad as everyone made out and I'd be very surprised if Sony does anything different regarding used games. I can't imagine EA will be fine with Madden being sold second hand on PS4 but have a massive problem with it on Xbox.

The 24 hour connection I'm fine with as in all the years I've had a 360 I don't think I've ever had a time where I couldn't connect it within 24 hours. Even if I went round a mates house with it which I never would with a console I could connect using my iPhone as a hotspot and then turn the online mode off.

Yet again it was the internet going into panic mode when they knew nothing.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:56 pm

I don't understand anyone who says "it's not that bad" it's bad. If PS4 is the same, I'll be just as disappointed. Still, PS4 is already confirmed as can be used old school and completely offline.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:58 pm

My issue is 15 years from now when service is shut down. How will it play games? Also let's say 1 year from now I get a Xbox One and go to my local independent shops..they may not be on the list for participating retailers. Those two words tell me only Walmart,Target,Best Buy,Gamestop and such. Unless MS gives up on the 24 hour thing and someone hacks XBO where all concerns are a 100% non issue then this thing is still not looking good to me. One of my local stores has already decided not to sell it.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:04 pm

If it effected how I played games then I'd be pissed but the 360 and PS3 could have had those restrictions and it wouldn't have effected me personally. I have an internet connection 24/7 so I have no issue, I always buy games new be it psychical or digital unless there is no way I can support the publisher/developers then I'll resort to used.

Just for myself these polices won't effect how I buy and play games.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Ryudo wrote: My issue is 15 years from now when service is shut down. How will it play games? Also let's say 1 year from now I get a Xbox One and go to my local independent shops..they may not be on the list for participating retailers. Those two words tell me only Walmart,Target,Best Buy,Gamestop and such. Unless MS gives up on the 24 hour thing and someone hacks XBO where all concerns are a 100% non issue then this thing is still not looking good to me. One of my local stores has already decided not to sell it.

when Microsoft cut support for it they will probably make an update so that it no longer needs to be online to use it. that or it will be linked to the same service as the Xbox two etc

either way I'm not supporting it at all. I went with microsoft the past 2 gens and regretted it both times and with all the bullshit that seems to be popping up I just can't be bothered with them anymore. I'll get a Gaming PC and hope the vita picks up soon.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 am

One thing is for sure. The console hardware modding community is going to EXPLODE next year.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: ThyDarkAngel, Who Really Cares?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:50 am

Riku Rose wrote: Not as bad as everyone made out and I'd be very surprised if Sony does anything different regarding used games. I can't imagine EA will be fine with Madden being sold second hand on PS4 but have a massive problem with it on Xbox.

The 24 hour connection I'm fine with as in all the years I've had a 360 I don't think I've ever had a time where I couldn't connect it within 24 hours. Even if I went round a mates house with it which I never would with a console I could connect using my iPhone as a hotspot and then turn the online mode off.

Yet again it was the internet going into panic mode when they knew nothing.

Sony have already said its up to them so yeah expect the same. Mixed bag as far as the details go and I Still think they should change the 24 hr thing. Make it every 30 days or something?Or just get rid of it?
Longest Ive gone without the net was a couple months back when I switched from BT to Sky and that was a couple weeks I think.

All we can hope is that not all publishers use this stuff.

And this looks like it will fuck over all the companies that rent games out to people? Unless MS are going to allow them to have an app on the store and rent games that way?

As for Kinect, Don't want to use it then simply never say XBox On again showing they are not spying on people. But then I still don't get why people cant just not connect it if it can be left off the whole time.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby silent killer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:21 am

One very angry reviewer. I don't think I've ever seen Angry Joe so angry. He brings up a few good points though.
phpBB [video]
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming