What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby OL » Mon May 06, 2013 2:26 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Tap the screen and set it to easy if ya want

Bah, even with my changing moods and momentary preferences, I still refuse to pussy out with alleviated difficulties. :P
I'll just get to the end and feel like I still haven't properly beaten it. Probably better to just wait for the right mood. Still got about a thousand games staring me in the face anyway. I couldn't even post in the "gaming backlog" topic because there are just too many I could list.
I'll get back to it eventually.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 06, 2013 2:35 am

Give Code of Princess and Shinobi a try or Heck Fire Emblem. Keep ya busy for a little while. Also note Muramasa on Vita next month and if you liked Dark Souls..there is Soul Sacrifice
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Steel Battalion Heavy Armor.

Thought for £5 i would give it a go and its no way near as broken as some reviews made out[I'm wary of any motion game review anwyays]. Never bought the XBox version due to the price and the size of the controller but playing this makes me wish i had given it a try.

You have to be careful, cause now and then i tend to rest my elbows on my legs and play with the pad near my chin but the game sometimes takes this as me putting my hands out which makes the character move in or out of the combat position.

Missions are a bit on the short side, the first real mission was cool having to storm a beach but they actually had one mission which consists of you sitting on the top of the tank listening to 2 people talk, The squad gets attacked and you have to do a crawl motion with your arms over to a detonator to blow up a bridge.
The actual gameplay part of the mission takes no more than 20 seconds and that's only because at one point you have to stop moving to avoid enemy fire.

Has a story but not played enough to mention it apart from having voice work from Michael Shannon. :D

Cockpit is all done with Kinect while the combat/steering the mech is done with the pad so they kind of shot themselves in the foot by not making it a Better with Kinect game rather than a Kinect only game.
Probably would have sold better if it supported just the pad for those that don't want Kinect.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Axm » Mon May 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Angry Birds Star Wars (android)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Steel Battalion Heavy Armor.

Thought for £5 i would give it a go and its no way near as broken as some reviews made out[I'm wary of any motion game review anwyays]. Never bought the XBox version due to the price and the size of the controller but playing this makes me wish i had given it a try.

You have to be careful, cause now and then i tend to rest my elbows on my legs and play with the pad near my chin but the game sometimes takes this as me putting my hands out which makes the character move in or out of the combat position.

Missions are a bit on the short side, the first real mission was cool having to storm a beach but they actually had one mission which consists of you sitting on the top of the tank listening to 2 people talk, The squad gets attacked and you have to do a crawl motion with your arms over to a detonator to blow up a bridge.
The actual gameplay part of the mission takes no more than 20 seconds and that's only because at one point you have to stop moving to avoid enemy fire.

Has a story but not played enough to mention it apart from having voice work from Michael Shannon. :D

Cockpit is all done with Kinect while the combat/steering the mech is done with the pad so they kind of shot themselves in the foot by not making it a Better with Kinect game rather than a Kinect only game.
Probably would have sold better if it supported just the pad for those that don't want Kinect.

now i kinda want it
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Nearing the end of Digital Devil Saga 1 now (last dungeon). Game has been throwing some right good twists towards me now and the gameplay is classic Press Turn. 27 hours in and close to the end already, I plan on starting 2 right away since I'm loving this.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Tue May 07, 2013 4:26 pm

^^I still haven't actually finished DDS2 (only gotten about halfway through). Maybe I ought to tackle both games back to back myself pretty soon.

Just couldn't wait to get my new copy of it in the mail, so I popped in Ridge Racer Type 4 yesterday and played through it with the easiest team (haven't played a racer in forever, so I was just taking it easy).
Felt so good. It's just one of those game for me that never, ever feels like a chore. It's a joy to play every time I go back to it.
Might keep playing, go through the various difficulty levels, unlock as many cars as I can.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed May 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Starting Xenosaga Episode 1.
I figure I've got all three in the series; may as well try to play them all back to back. If I can even manage something like that (they're supposed to be notoriously long, right?). Probably end up taking breaks between them regardless, but they've been on the backburner for too long either way.
Enjoying it so far. The tutorials do a good job of making the game seem more complicated than it really is, but besides that everything is cool.

OL has received a thanks from: Axm
OL
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed May 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Splinter Cell. Hard difficulty on PS2. Whoever's managed to ghost this deserves a fucking medal. Seriously gonna have to get it for the PC instead, high resolution's almost essential for stealth games, imo.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 am

OL wrote: Starting Xenosaga Episode 1.
I figure I've got all three in the series; may as well try to play them all back to back. If I can even manage something like that (they're supposed to be notoriously long, right?). Probably end up taking breaks between them regardless, but they've been on the backburner for too long either way.
Enjoying it so far. The tutorials do a good job of making the game seem more complicated than it really is, but besides that everything is cool.

Have you never played Xenosaga before OL? If not, you are in for a treat. they arent too long either, the first one is longer though, the second one is a bit shorter and the third is probably the middle man. Atleast you do the longest journey first.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon May 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Telltales Back to the Future.
Dont know why I held off on this for so long. I love it.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Mon May 13, 2013 1:02 pm

OL wrote: The tutorials do a good job of making the game seem more complicated than it really is, but besides that everything is cool.

This is one of my pet peeves in gaming, game designers are really bad when it comes to explaining basic things
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Rastan-This game thought was defective so I cleaned it no luck. Realized no one has cleaned the SMS EVER. So I took it apart cleaned it and BOOM! Rastan works!

Hey maybe my copy of Ys will work now!

Edit-Nope :sad:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Jokatech19 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:55 pm

trying to finish Strider. I never realized how hard it is.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed May 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Jokatech19 wrote: trying to finish Strider. I never realized how hard it is.

Yea it is, with games like that i notice if you sit there and play long enough you just get into a groove where you know the stage and can react quickly to stuff. Theres a terrible point where you start to get way worse before you get better though.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming