The Fable Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Soul of Yusuke » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Four years, and the most they can add is two hours of gameplay. Molyneux disappoints once again.
Soul of Yusuke
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:44 am

- Fable 2
- DVD bonus (making-of, etc.)
- Collector postcard
- Five cards of destiny
- Additional content
- Figurine Hobbe
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:59 pm

I remember the first one. What a mehness festival that was.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:26 am

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby remote ctrl soul » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:17 am

Fable 2 won Gamespot's E3 Game of the Show

http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature ... index.html

E3 has always been home to plenty of exciting new games, so choosing a single game for the best of show is never easy. It wasn't this year, either. And although you may find our choice to be, how can we put this...shocking? Fable II gets our award.

Remember, our E3 awards are based on which games made the most impressive showing at the actual event--they're not necessarily a review or judgment call on how the entire game will finally end up. Prior to E3, our experiences with Fable were limited and focused on the game's seemingly simple combat system, but after seeing the game with designer Peter Molyneux and getting our own hands on it, we found that the game has more to offer. Much more. Much, much more. If what we've seen is any indication, Fable II will clearly offer many more open-ended choices with actual consequences that will change the way your character looks, acts, and is looked at by the world around you. You'll have new social options, a wandering minstrel who records your adventures (and misadventures), a host of side missions and dialogue options (which will have to be your primary source of income because quests in and of themselves won't provide any money), property you can rent out, and a dog. Most impressive of all, there will be two-player cooperative play that can seemingly be accessed by easily picking up a second controller and diving into the game.

Seems promising, oh and I loved the first one.
remote ctrl soul
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:26 am

Fable 2 won Gamespot's E3 Game of the Show

Well, whoopee cushions, E3 was absolute shite this year, so that's saying nothing at all. Still looks freaking good, regardless. I got too bored to complete the first one, hopefully the second one will keep my interest levels up.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby HappyKillmore » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:52 am

Henry Spencer wrote:Well, whoopee cushions, E3 was absolute shite this year, so that's saying nothing at all. Still looks freaking good, regardless. I got too bored to complete the first one, hopefully the second one will keep my interest levels up.

How could you possibly get bored of the first one :shock: ?
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:17 pm

I do have to say that the first Fable was one of the most unique and deep RPGs I have ever played. I feel sorry for all the people who read too much into it and got really hyped of what the game was "susposed" to be, but even so you cant deny that for what it is, the first Fable was a step in the right direction if nothing else, and there isnt another RPG quite like it.

Fable 2 I cant wait to play... still need a 360 though, but after playing the first one there is no way I would miss it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby JAPANFAN » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Almost everything that comes in the collectors edition of Fable 2 I have little to no interest in whatsoever - and I'm probably going to buy it over the standard version anyway, because Melissa and I love Fable, and because I'm a whore for useless trinkets and knick-knacks. :P

The additional content sounds really cool, though. Here's hoping it's better than what Bethesda did with their additional content for Oblivion.
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:56 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I do have to say that the first Fable was one of the most unique and deep RPGs I have ever played. I feel sorry for all the people who read too much into it and got really hyped of what the game was "susposed" to be, but even so you cant deny that for what it is, the first Fable was a step in the right direction if nothing else, and there isnt another RPG quite like it.

Fable 2 I cant wait to play... still need a 360 though, but after playing the first one there is no way I would miss it.

I keep hearing people say how "unique" and "groundbreaking" the first game was. What made it so? There were other RPGs doing what it did and better long before the first Fable.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby remote ctrl soul » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:07 pm

I don't think it's unique or groundbreaking, it was just a lot of fun, and one of my favorite games for the box.
remote ctrl soul
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:10 pm

remote ctrl soul wrote:I don't think it's unique or groundbreaking, it was just a lot of fun, and one of my favorite games for the box.

I will agree, it's a pretty decent game. I had fun with it, couldn't be arsed finishing it though. It just didn't really do anything new or special like everyone seems to believe.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Nick Tyndall » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:24 pm

The collectors edition would deffiently be pre-orderd if it was not for that Hobbe. It looks terrible, plain white and looks like a McDonalds toy you get in the kiddy meals.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Pub games are out...sadly no deal has been made in the UK about the free codes for pre ordering the SE! Game and MS are currently in talks about it. But then it seems silly to release it now anyways with the full game not out till late october :? People could have millions before they even get the game which will surely ruin the fun? Unless youhave to actually transfer the money yourself rather than the game doing it as soon as you start playing?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby HappyKillmore » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Pub games are out...sadly no deal has been made in the UK about the free codes for pre ordering the SE! Game and MS are currently in talks about it. But then it seems silly to release it now anyways with the full game not out till late october :? People could have millions before they even get the game which will surely ruin the fun? Unless youhave to actually transfer the money yourself rather than the game doing it as soon as you start playing?

I've seen people playing them but i kinda refuse to pay 800 Microsoft points for something that's gonna be in Fable 2 anyway. They should include an extra mini game that's not going to be in the final release or make it rock bottom, like 200 Microsoft points.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming