Beautiful rumor

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Beautiful rumor

Postby 2ndOpp » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 am

I know this doesn't really belong here, but if it's true, then I'd say Sega has got to be getting close to bringing back Shenmue.... Skies of Arcadia 2 would be a big step.

Another month, another batch of rumors from EGM Magazine's Quatermann.

"You know, even though Sony hasn't announced God of War 3, it's coming. In fact, it was already sort of announced. Anyway, the folks at SCEA Santa Monica are already hard at work at preparing Kratos' debut on PlayStation 3, which should arrive during the next holiday season, joined by a little something called Gears of War 2, as well. Oooh.

Epic Games and Microsoft haven't confirmed Gears of War 2 either, but the game's stellar sales (not to mention the cliffhanger ending) is confirmation enough.

A little out of left field, however, is news of Sega reviving Skies of Arcadia. The sky pirate RPG was criminally overlooked, despite releases on both Dreamcast and GameCube, but apparently Sega been quietly preparing a sequel to the swashbuckling adventure."
[/quote]
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby renofheavens » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:14 am

First Nights2,now Skies of Arcadia2. Seems like SEGA is putting some trust in its older franchises. If they sell well then maybe they continue to renew some older series like SHENMUE.
renofheavens
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Otogi

Postby FRASIER » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:20 am

SEGA will not make Shenmue 3, just face it, what have they to gain from wasting millions? think of it from a buisness approach, why spend money on a game that you know from past experiance does not sell well?
Last edited by FRASIER on Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:11 am

Yeah people need to remember Nights and SOA cost SEGA nothing to make compared to Shenmue
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby alimn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:25 am

Hopefully this time Shenmue won't cost too much for SEGA,
(especially in comparing with Yakuza 1, 2 and Kenzan!).

And yes, finally it seems that they're bringing back some of their
most DC precious titles for Wii.

Samba De Amigo(confirmed), Sega Bass Fishing(confirmed),
and now Skies Of Arcadia Wii(to be confirmed)

....in my opinion the only remaining titles
are Street Of Rage, Jet Set Radio and of course Shenmue.

And then they can go even for older titles from
Saturn and Mega Drive.

Playing Ecco with Next Gen graphics would be awesome!
I love underwater world.

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby renofheavens » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:35 am

They could use the same engine from shenmue1&2. It wouldnt be that expensive. I like the DC graphics. They could just make it for the Wii. No one would care about the graphics. I mean look at some Wii games, like Elebits or Wii sports. It would be much cheaper than the previous Shenmues to develop.
renofheavens

Currently playing: Otogi

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:47 am

Why is it that every time SEGA make a fan-pleasing move, it gets posted in the Shenmue III forum? Yeah, sure, it's slightly positive news, maybe adding 0.01% of a chance that Shen3's released, but you don't need to post it here. Put it in the SEGA forum. I look in here to read/analyze theories and on 'that day' read that the game has finally been announced. C'mon man, the quote doesn't even mention Shenmue..
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby manuel tripero » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:57 am

when i say that is almost secure that sega is going to make shenmue, its just common sense... lets see...

- shenmue III was in development (some modeling and stuff)
- most of the 70 million budget was invested in research (yu's trip to china and saturn to DC change)
- now would be a normal budget to make it
- shenmue is one of the only games, that sega have 1 or 2 millions copies secure (from previus gamers), how much do you think VF in both consoles is going to sell ??? not even 3 million. with good marketing, shenmue III (like FV in ps3 and 360) can sell more than 5 million
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The C. » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:59 pm

It's been quite a few years since these games were first release, and now alas 5-6 years later a sequal, could this mean SEGA are doing Shenmue 3?
The C.
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Milky Joe » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Shenmue 2 looked pretty good on the 360, if Sega just used the same engine for 3 it wouldnt cost anywhere near 70 million. Still, graphics are the only thing that really matter these days, so either way it would most likely be a flop.
Milky Joe
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:52 pm

Minase8000 wrote:Shenmue 2 looked pretty good on the 360, if Sega just used the same engine for 3 it wouldnt cost anywhere near 70 million. Still, graphics are the only thing that really matter these days, so either way it would most likely be a flop.

actually i remember reading how much achievements can help a games sales on the 360 [ sad i know :roll: ]

So all SEGA need to do is release it with say 1250 points and about 100 different achievements and even people not intrested in the actual game will most like buy it just to add to their score :lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby mnbdrj » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:42 pm

Shenmue 3 would prob cost around 2-5mill to develop, it won't be getting an experimental graphics engine so please stop posting that shenmue 3 will be a massive money sink.
mnbdrj

Postby VGAce » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:14 am

Mittens II wrote:Why is it that every time SEGA make a fan-pleasing move, it gets posted in the Shenmue III forum? Yeah, sure, it's slightly positive news, maybe adding 0.01% of a chance that Shen3's released, but you don't need to post it here. Put it in the SEGA forum. I look in here to read/analyze theories and on 'that day' read that the game has finally been announced. C'mon man, the quote doesn't even mention Shenmue..

Agreed. This is becoming an annoying trend.

People, unless something is explicitly related to Shenmue III or the future of the Shenmue series, please post it in a more appropriate forum. A thread such as this, which is reporting a rumor about the possible release of another fan favorite from Sega has nothing at all to do with Shenmue III. You can discuss any perceived implications as they relate to Shenmue III in such a thread, but that doesn't make it Shenmue related.

Moved to the Sega forum.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ys » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:35 pm

FRASIER wrote:SEGA will not make Shenmue 3, just face it, what have they to gain from wasting millions?

They could get back some of that money maybe? Releasing the game on Wii for example with slightly updated graphics would still make it one of the better looking Wii-games. I would even guess that it might do well on Wii. Since a lot of Wii owners are waiting for more "serious" games it might stand a chance there I suppose. Plus, as stated, the biggest costs have already been made.

think of it from a buisness approach, why spend money on a game that you know from past experiance does not sell well?

This would be the same case then with the very Skies of Arcadia we're disussing now ;) Which by the way also deserved to sell a lot more.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:50 pm

We don't need two topics on the same rumor.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Return to General Gaming