Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:55 am

Now they just call evreything a Xbox.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby LawXiu » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:27 am

And every handheld is a gameboy which hasn't been on sale for time. It's only the same as calling a vacuum cleaner a Hoover.

I can only assume the Mafia was formed before the Yakuza and the Triads or because the Mafia is more known here in the west that all of them are known as Mafia.

I've come across people in London that say they are a part of the 14K Triad group but the truth is the 14k wouldn't take on people that go around telling everyone. These people are mainly wannabes from Fujian province near Taiwan. They are well known for prostitution and forgery, mainly DVD's. I know people who smuggle as well and help illegals into the country. You can't do anything about them because they are so good at covering their tracks. Back in 2002 there was an article claiming that 75% of London China town was under the 14K control.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:59 am

OL wrote:
Thy_DarkAngel wrote:The door of the west is opened for the japanese mafia.

No such thing.
"Mafia" is an Italian word. It only applies to Italian organized crime syndicates.
It's like back in the 8 and 16-bit gaming era, when ignorant parents called any and all gaming systems "Nintendos". It isn't correct if you're talking about a Sega system.
Same deal here.

I am fully aware of that. :)
Ever heard playing with words?
I just didn't want to use the word Yakuza, because it would be an overstatement to say that the door of the west is opened to Yakuza, with the subject being the Yakuza western release and all.

Anyway, nice to see someone caring with things being adressed by their proper names, I guess. :p
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby OL » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:19 pm

LawXiu wrote:I can only assume the Mafia was formed before the Yakuza and the Triads or because the Mafia is more known here in the west that all of them are known as Mafia.

It's just because the Mafia is more well-known the world over, due to shit like the Godfather.
The term "Yakuza" and the general organizational structure they work under was established as far back as the 1600s in Japan, so it certainly isn't because "mafia" came first.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 pm

OL wrote:
LawXiu wrote:I can only assume the Mafia was formed before the Yakuza and the Triads or because the Mafia is more known here in the west that all of them are known as Mafia.

It's just because the Mafia is more well-known the world over, due to shit like the Godfather.
The term "Yakuza" and the general organizational structure they work under was established as far back as the 1600s in Japan, so it certainly isn't because "mafia" came first.

Ok, so how about chicken or egg?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:58 pm

^Evolution.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ryu000 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 am

The time to buy a PS3 has finally come
KICK ASS
ryu000
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby OL » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:56 pm

^^The time to buy a PS3 already came, with Uncharted 1&2 and MGS4.
Yakuza 3 is just the cherry on top.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby UnHoly Bible » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:05 pm

LawXiu wrote:
OL wrote:

I believe the answer is the cell, my good sir. And if you want to apply that to this gay mafia situation that you're talking about. The answer would be the cell also.
UnHoly Bible
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:55 pm

UnHoly Bible wrote:
LawXiu wrote:
OL wrote:

I believe the answer is the cell, my good sir. And if you want to apply that to this gay mafia situation that you're talking about. The answer would be the cell also.

THE COCK CAME FIRST!11!!! LOL

Yes that goes for the Mafia thing also.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby UnHoly Bible » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Whatever, I give up. I might get a PS3 for this game anyhow.
UnHoly Bible
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby HappyKillmore » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:30 am

Good news! Still nothing on Kenzan though.....Looks like i'll have to carry on playing my Korean version. Time to blow the dust off the PS3!
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby [mYLES] » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:28 pm

Im getting a PS3 after xmas, so yeah, I'll get this game :D.

Not the only reason Im getting a PS3, far from it, but it's an added bonus for sure!

Like Clint said, this is what Shenmue III would look like if it came out now.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Most certainly. I got that impression especially after seeing the parts in the city and the amount of "useless" side things that you can do.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:40 am

Save that with Shenmue's aesthetic, colour pallette and furthermore attention to realism and detail (some of the aspects of what I call 'the Shenmue' spirit') it would look even better and (keyword) more beautifull.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming