Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:58 pm

BTW guys I saw a translation of the original article and read that the release projections its going to be Y3 in August, Y4 in Fall, and then Y5 in early 2019. So it looks like they are going to rapid fire the releases of these which bodes a little better time wise for a western release, now knowing that we may just get these after all.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 26, 2018 4:26 am

- https://www.destructoid.com/talking-loc ... 7204.phtml

A snippet from a Destructoid interview with Sam Mullen and Scott Strichart. This is not as recent as the remaster news but I think it still holds as context:

As diehard fans may already know, Yakuza 3 was a victim of content being cut in order to ensure its release. This resulted in the removal of content that was deemed “heavily rooted” in Japanese culture. Sega did eventually relent with Yakuza 4, but the damage was done and people were a bit angry. While I mistakenly inferred the translation was broken, Sam did say that the game was, “a product of its time.”

Scott elaborated: “I’d love the chance to [restore cut content]…It’s less about ‘fixing’ and more about bringing your own strengths to the table on restoring older games.” He then continued by explaining how he takes more notice of the Kansai accent and how his personal styling of Kiryu’s dialog in Yakuza 0 and 6, which demanded the character be more impassioned than other games, is something he has brought into the Kiwami remakes. He did end by saying, “Having done four games now, getting the opportunity to bring that consistency back to Yakuza 3 would be really cool.”

Back in the day, Yakuza 3 was already a massive game, but to then add the cut content on top!?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kyo_JP » Wed May 30, 2018 5:48 am

Looks like 3, 4 and 5 are coming West http://segabits.com/blog/2018/05/29/nag ... t-content/

Kyo_JP has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Supa
Kyo_JP
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Your Boy Leroy » Wed May 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Kyo_JP wrote: Looks like 3, 4 and 5 are coming West http://segabits.com/blog/2018/05/29/nag ... t-content/

WOOO!!!
Your Boy Leroy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Supa » Wed May 30, 2018 9:44 pm

Kyo_JP wrote: Looks like 3, 4 and 5 are coming West http://segabits.com/blog/2018/05/29/nag ... t-content/

Article also states that Nagoshi confirms there will be no cut content.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:41 pm

Also of note that Yakuza 6 had the greatest western launch in the series history! =D>

And to think that Sega almost scrapped the series in the west with Yakuza 5, apparently the petition for Y5 is what really sparked the interest for the series again. Good thing we told Sega about all the money we wanted to give them, we practicaly just shoved money in their pockets with that one. Weird how we literally have to do things like that to get Sega to give us what we want, but to hear Sega say these Remasters are FOR new overseas fans, wow. I believe gone are the days where we will be speculating and wondering if the next Yakuza game will come west (I'm looking at you OL). Its a hell of a time to be a Shenmue and Yakuza fan!

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Supa
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Wed May 30, 2018 10:50 pm

My body is ready.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Supa » Wed May 30, 2018 10:56 pm

Haruki Satomi seems to really be taking things in a great direction for SEGA. I believe this Road To 2020 initiative will lead to many more great announcements.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Haruto » Wed May 30, 2018 11:10 pm

Supa wrote: Haruki Satomi seems to really be taking things in a great direction for SEGA. I believe this Road To 2020 initiative will lead to many more great announcements.

Except that new Sonic racing game. Looks awful. No Ryo,no Skies, no Golden Axe or Jet Set? bleck. I can easily forgive that if Virtua Fighter 6 is announced soon. Also wish they would localize that new Virtual On released on PS4. I like it but I have no idea what the story is. At least the core game I can still do all the same moves I did in the DC game. With Kiwami 2 coming it has VO Arcade. So maybe get some new people on board the series with the Yakuza series.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Supa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Yeah, I am not looking forward to yet another Sonic cash in. If there was never another one released again, it would be too soon. Leave Sonic to Christian Whitehead (I'm only half kidding).

Virtua FIghter 6 is overdue for an announcement. I'd also like the VO localization, and also would like Border Break for PS4 brought over. But the lineup for SEGA worldwide currently is much better than it was in the late 2000s, for example, when all we got were Marvel movie games, Sonic, and pretty much nothing from the back catalog.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kyo_JP » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:48 pm

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/ ... 84928?s=19

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami will be released oon PC
Kyo_JP

Postby Amir » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:04 pm

YESSSS no need to buy a PS4 now!
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Great move. Test the waters with 0 and Kiwami 1 and go from there.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:52 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Great move. Test the waters with 0 and Kiwami 1 and go from there.

I agree it is a great move indeed...

... but a couple of years too late, IMO.
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:25 am

Hello again, lads
Have been without a PS3 and generally off of gaming since 2016 (although I followed some news and reviews) but got a PS4 last weekend and Yakuza 0. I wasn't very excited when it came out because it didn't feel as immersevely 80s as Shenmue was (not the same level of detail of course) but the fact is, I missed this series. This generation seems to have barely any exclusives (not to mention worthwhile exclusives) and this is the reason to get back into it. Thankfully 5 is also coming in as I crucially didn't get to play it on the PS3. With 6 already out and Kiwami 2 already on the horizon I'm grinning widely. Not to mention that as a big NJPW and puroresu fan, what they did with it is unbelievable.
It's one thing to get Kitano and Riki Takeuchi in a yakuza game but Tenryu and Riki Choshû? fu....
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming