SINGLE PLAYER GAMER (updated March 29)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: My Youtube Channel - SINGLE PLAYER GAMER

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:50 am

I just like to see reviews on games I like from people who do reviews really well.
Course if in the mood for a certain game I go all the way. Previews,Reviews,Music and such
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 am

Yea, people want to see the point of view from a certain person and why they enjoy it. But some also want reinforcement, like more popular people giving the new Smash Bros. a rave review. Which is why I like how Yahtzee is unforgiving and points out flaws in games he kind of enjoys especially with Brawl.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby sylentknyte » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:54 am

I request reviews for a different reason like when I asked HCG about Shenmue. If a high profile reviewer reviews an obscure game I like then it will get exposure to thousands of people.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Martin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:09 am

Great work, OL. Always ask of yourself; Do people need yet another YouTube old-ass game review show? GCR etc has people covered for that. You're going to have to think of something you can do which nobody else has done. And then do that every week.

OL wrote:All game footage is captured by me, directly off of the original cartridge or disc and the consoles they play on.
Because emulators are for sissies. And poor people.

I've got loads of genuine non-emulated 16-bit era games (SNES and Mega Drive, multiple regions) and N64 games (multiple regions). What do you use for your caps? If you ever need 'real' footage of some of that more old-school stuff (not from an emulator), I could supply you with that very thing. I gotz mah Chrono Trigga! And mah Bare Knuckle III! AND MAH LIMITED EDITION HOLOGRAM MAJORA'S MASK CART! And some others. They've been packed away for ages now. My N64 has an RGB mod, so I guess it'll make for better caps than a standard '64.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby OL » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Martin wrote:Do people need yet another YouTube old-ass game review show? GCR etc has people covered for that. You're going to have to think of something you can do which nobody else has done. And then do that every week.

That's definitely the struggle. With one video under my belt, I'm seeing what works and what doesn't, and I'm trying to work around that. Working on a new one right now, and I keep second-guessing myself, thinking maybe the characters and dialogue might be getting in the way of focusing on the game itself (the game being the whole reason for the video in the first place, so it's kind of a big concern). Hardest part is striking a balance, I guess, since like you said, I don't want it to be just like any other show on Youtube. I do have a few smaller ideas for vids though, like maybe a segment focusing on minigames, or something like that.
But yeah, thanks a lot man. :D
Appreciate the offer too. Might be a while before I get to any 64 games or anything more well-known like Chrono Trigger or Bare Knuckle since I've got a bunch of other games lined up already (and at the rate I'm going, it's all gonna take forever anyway). Thanks a lot though.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:00 pm

I can maybe lend you a couple games you might not have.
I don't want to sound creepy about that.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Ryudo wrote:I want to sneak into your house and sodomize you.
I don't want to sound creepy about that.

Fixed.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I fapped.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Martin » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:20 am

Ryudo wrote:I just like to see reviews on games I like from people who do reviews really well.
Course if in the mood for a certain game I go all the way. Previews,Reviews,Music and such

What's the point in sitting through a review of a game that you already know very well, and don't need a review of? You're weird. I sometimes like going through CGR to watch reviews of obscure shit I've never heard of. His enthusiasm for the Vectrex makes me laugh. He loves those overlays so much.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Oppy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Damn, why didnt I watch this earlier. Very well edited, espessially the intro.
With the drawn parts of you and the robot, you could use a different theme for every game, for example a codec conversation if you chose to review a MGS game, or VS screens from fighters and stuff. for 16 bit and earlier games you could use backgrounds from the game your reviewing. Just and idea really.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Oppy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Martin wrote:
Ryudo wrote:I just like to see reviews on games I like from people who do reviews really well.

What's the point in sitting through a review of a game that you already know very well, and don't need a review of? You're weird..

Well I enjoy seeing people review games that I like because its interesting to see other peoples views on the game, Its not like everyone that reviews a game has the same opinion about it.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby sylentknyte » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:35 pm

OL wrote:
Martin wrote:Do people need yet another YouTube old-ass game review show? GCR etc has people covered for that. You're going to have to think of something you can do which nobody else has done. And then do that every week.

That's definitely the struggle. With one video under my belt, I'm seeing what works and what doesn't, and I'm trying to work around that. Working on a new one right now, and I keep second-guessing myself, thinking maybe the characters and dialogue might be getting in the way of focusing on the game itself (the game being the whole reason for the video in the first place, so it's kind of a big concern). Hardest part is striking a balance, I guess, since like you said, I don't want it to be just like any other show on Youtube. I do have a few smaller ideas for vids though, like maybe a segment focusing on minigames, or something like that.
But yeah, thanks a lot man. :D
Appreciate the offer too. Might be a while before I get to any 64 games or anything more well-known like Chrono Trigger or Bare Knuckle since I've got a bunch of other games lined up already (and at the rate I'm going, it's all gonna take forever anyway). Thanks a lot though.

Honestly man from what you are saying I think you are thinking way to hard on this. If you arent having fun and being yourself you wont connect with people. Just go with the flow and find what works best for you.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Is that your voice in that video OL? and what kind of mic did you use to record? (im guessing an everyday computer mic, but I can hope its something a bit more fancy...). I guess it somewhat saddens me, cause I dont have jack on my youtube channel, all my expectations and hopes for my music always seems to get thrashed to the floor hell I cant even find a place to record myself, and I have all the equipment neccesary to lay down vocals. I cant give up though, its my only option.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:49 pm

OL how did you capture the game footage?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:14 pm

OL where did you get that shirt?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming