Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 am

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:38 am

Silicon Knights really have had a shit time. First they lose their long arsed dispute with Epic and get fined 4M only for that to then be raised to 9M but now they have to destroy all unsold copies of Too Human, The Box/Ritualyst, The Sandman, X-Men: Destiny and Siren in the Maelstrom and they have to do it at their own expense.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... stiny-more

Crazy Denis Dyack really screwed a lot of people over. Studio has a total of 5 staff members now.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Really wish Vita would sell. It's an amazing piece of hardware. No offense to 3DS but hardware wise 3DS is boring,From UI to the casing itself. Also never thought I would say this but 3DS feels more like a kids toy. Don't get me wrong I like it. I'm also sure my 3DS will last longer than Vita. But man after the latest report from Sony it's looking like Sony will discontinue Vita and it's TV division. :???:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm sure sales will pick up during the holiday season.3DS also had a rocky start but then gained momentum later on.Definitely getting a vita whenever I can save up enough spare money to spend,doubt It will be anytime soon though.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Love the vita, will love it even more with some cfw, somehow i have a feeling that like the psp we will have to rely on a lot of fan translations
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:00 pm

I was not worried about vita slow start before. But now when Sony is close to shutting down Vita and it's TV division due to investors and stock worth the lowest it can be and really hurting for money. Never happened to Sony before. Sony is looking like Sega in many ways right now. It's very worrisome
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Ryudo wrote: Sony is looking like Sega in many ways right now.

That's almost exactly what I was about to type. I'd be quite happy if this happened to em n'all. Not coz I'm a "Sony hater" or whatever, but I'd like less consoles on the market. Xbox series, Nintendo, and this new mini console that got funded via Kickstarter are enough. I wouldn't even be sad to see the back of the dualshock controller. Used to be great, but I'm more of a fan of the analogue stick being above the d-pad. Then again, the d-pad is almost perfect on the dualshock.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 pm

I believe Nintendo needs to be in the console biz. I agree tho be nicer with 2 instead of 3 systems. I think would make it with more exclusives each system. While I like Sony systems. Be a small sacrifice to have a more level field for consoles like the 16 bit era
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I agree. It's also less on the pockets having to choose which console one should get when all 3 have great exclusives. If they lower it to two, it'd be so much better IMO.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Ryudo wrote: I was not worried about vita slow start before. But now when Sony is close to shutting down Vita and it's TV division due to investors and stock worth the lowest it can be and really hurting for money. Never happened to Sony before. Sony is looking like Sega in many ways right now. It's very worrisome

Where did you hear that?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Innit. Sony are the lowest common denominator at the moment. No IPs are synonymous with them, as opposed to Halo & GoW with Microsoft, and Nintendo's planet-sized vault of trademark franchises. The likes of Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream could easily find a home with either MS or Nintendo, or even go multi-platform. Bias as it may sound, SEGA's a hell of a bigger loss than Sony could ever be, and despite the lack of Shenmue and a whole host of new in-house SEGA series we could've been enjoying since 01, they haven't been as missed industry-wise as one would think, which says a lot as far as Sony's potential (but still highly unlikely) demise would be.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Bluecast
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:37 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Ryudo wrote: I was not worried about vita slow start before. But now when Sony is close to shutting down Vita and it's TV division due to investors and stock worth the lowest it can be and really hurting for money. Never happened to Sony before. Sony is looking like Sega in many ways right now. It's very worrisome

Where did you hear that?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... -by-moodys

Also AG this is not just one time thing. This has been going on a very long time. It's a very real possibility right now Sony won't be around much longer in the console biz.

MiTT3NZ wrote: Innit. Sony are the lowest common denominator at the moment. No IPs are synonymous with them, as opposed to Halo & GoW with Microsoft, and Nintendo's planet-sized vault of trademark franchises. The likes of Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream could easily find a home with either MS or Nintendo, or even go multi-platform. Bias as it may sound, SEGA's a hell of a bigger loss than Sony could ever be, and despite the lack of Shenmue and a whole host of new in-house SEGA series we could've been enjoying since 01, they haven't been as missed industry-wise as one would think, which says a lot as far as Sony's potential (but still highly unlikely) demise would be.

Pretty much agree. As a nerd and purist I'd rather just have SEGA and Nintendo in the console war and no one else. Two true innovators.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 pm

I dunno, I love the possibilities that Microsoft bring to the console market. Whilst it could be argued that they're not innovators in the purist sense of the term, they certainly know how to push forward-thinking ideas, and I feel the industry's better for that. It's almost as if Microsoft and Nintendo run parallel on opposite sides of the track, whereas Sony try to weave in and out from one to the other, not realising that they're actually wasting more fuel and are now close to running on empty.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:45 pm

I'd still compromise for just two consoles. Still believe Nintendo should always be there as long as the market has demand. I will give MS XBL. Sony has added what?

TO me the only real downside is no competition for DS
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Honestly, Microsoft and Xbox isnt much further behind Sony, its not like MS has turned a profit from being in the console business since the original xbox. The only difference between the 2 is MS is backed by an almost bottomless pit of money in their vaults, where as sony is basically a sinking ship now. PS3 and 360 are neck and neck, with a slight advantage towards the 360. Maybe sony should pull out from the handheld market, the PS3 has sold fine collectively, it cant save the entire company, Sony is simply too big and offers too many products, but thats part of the problem. Sony, as a company might not even exist between now and the next decade at this rate. but I agree with Ryudo, bring back sega consoles if Sony does sink. I think the games industry would benefit greatly from their return, IF they could be as innovative as they have always been known for, use their IPs to the full advantage, and most importantly MAKE SHENMUE 3!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming