Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby QWERTY » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote: Error code: 80710d23

You wait years for a NiGHTS remake and then when it drops you can't even fucking purchase it! ARGH!

Had it earlier, yeah. Keep trying and it came up. Probably is back up by now with no problems..

Yep. Back up now. On the download! Can't wait to give it a whirl. I have it on Saturn but I'm really looking forward to seeing it in a much cleaner resolution. Fucking love this game. :D
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Im sure they'll stick with 1080p next gen but I also think they might try to make the PS4 4k capable at some point. Maybe not at launch but atleast once 4k tv's arent stupid expensive. Im sure it'll get to that point eventually. Sony's always been about the edge of tech.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Axm wrote: Im sure they'll stick with 1080p next gen but I also think they might try to make the PS4 4k capable at some point. Maybe not at launch but atleast once 4k tv's arent stupid expensive. Im sure it'll get to that point eventually. Sony's always been about the edge of tech.

A firmware update won't make hardware 4k. The hardware has to be 4k to begin with. Sony is still stupid this gen and have no clue. However I just hope they are not stupid enough to put 4k in PS4. 4k TV cost 20,000$ . If 4k is in PS4 that is the end of Sony in the console business period.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Axm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Bluecast wrote:
Axm wrote: Im sure they'll stick with 1080p next gen but I also think they might try to make the PS4 4k capable at some point. Maybe not at launch but atleast once 4k tv's arent stupid expensive. Im sure it'll get to that point eventually. Sony's always been about the edge of tech.

A firmware update won't make hardware 4k. The hardware has to be 4k to begin with. Sony is still stupid this gen and have no clue. However I just hope they are not stupid enough to put 4k in PS4. 4k TV cost 20,000$ . If 4k is in PS4 that is the end of Sony in the console business period.

Im not even saying they will make a 4k PS4 at first or that its a simple firmware update. Thinking they could re-release it as a 4k version of the PS4 later on like 5 years after launch. Thus also extending the life of the PS4. Seems like if 4k TV's really are the future then they will want to take advantage of that once its a viable option for normal consumers. I dont think them waiting until PS5 sounds like a thing Sony would do.
Ofcourse non of us are close to even wanting 4k at this point or will be till 2017 or something so getting into detail about this is pointless anyways. I just think Sony isnt going to sit anything out. Its Sony ffs.. they did the walkman, discman, bluray, 3D, translucent dslr mirrors, that over the head 3d display and now the first 4k tv. They arent about to shrivel down in their huge global head quarters and say "lets skip 4k until 2020". They would rather lay more people off or merge with another company then have it come to that. Ever been to a Sony Style store? That place is bleeding money.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Keep in mind no one will be airing any 4k TV for at least a decade. Too costly. 4k now is the same as 720p HD in 1999.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Are you continuing to make my point for me or...
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 pm

No I'm saying nothing will be airing 2k for at the very least 10 years. 5 years is not far enough. PS4 with 4k would make the thing cost a few thousand dollars for consumers and still lose money on it. It's just not viable.
CD,DVD,Bluray actually made sense.4k would not. Sony can;t afford another Vita or PS3 2007. Difference is losses on PS3 & Vita would be dwarfed id out in PS4. PS4 would be DOA.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Dorian
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:14 pm

We dont even know any of that yet. Its still just as you say, too far out. So why jump to conclusions about it? All im saying and continue to say is that at some point sony could make a 4k version of the PS4 when it finally becomes viable. To write it off completely when we all know Sony is capable and wanting to push that is like saying a sprinter doesnt want to run at full speed. Eventually we will get there. Its just a matter of when. Throwing out 5-10 years is certainly a possibility with the way technology progresses these days. I know youre happy about Wii being finally HD now but other companies do tend to push faster then nintendo.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Sony wouldn't make "4K version of the PS4" at any point. Sony would make PS5 with native 4K support.

If Sony isn't totally stupid, they will not repeat their PS3 mistake with PS4 and make PS4 a console for the people that attracts with games. The hardware must be good, but they won't get anywhere with another "Space Odyssey Monolith" propaganda.

Dorian has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Axm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Well I guess we all have closed minds on this issue.
Personally I really agree that 4k is long ways off. I dont see any personal need for it. But thats what many have said about all kinds of technology before so im just not one to write something off so quickly before its even been properly shown to me. I mean, these days we got 720p phones.. its kinda crazy really but I have one and im certainly happy to. 10 years ago I wouldnt have carred about that. Now I do. Im I a minority in this now? Millions would disagree. Sony is one of those companys, like Apple and Microsoft that try to get us into the newest tech. And so far they do a good job getting that done.
Last edited by Axm on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Has nothing to do with wants or needs, It has to do with cost.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 pm

And thats variable too. Just like a want and need. Demand and pricing will determine in time what is viable. Not someones closed mind from 7 years before something is available.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 pm

If Pannosonic & Sony TV's cost over 20 thousand dollars just because they are 4k then how the fuck can that be affordable in a console? PC games are not even 4k and PC is always miles ahead of consoles
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Again youre thinking about today and not about tomorrow. Just because a 60' 4k TV costs as much used prius today doesnt mean in 2019 it will cost that much too. A guess for 42' could be what? $5000 at the most? Maybe $3200? With economic inflation alone that is viable to market to anyone out there with a disposable income and a elitest mind set about technology. Sony could easily make two versions of the PS4 at that point. One that comes out in 2013/14 and another updated unit in 2017/19
I dont see how thats impossible. It always depends on consumer demand ofcourse but this is again, variable and possible.

Unlike the Wii XYZ getting 4k before 2050
lol.. i keeed
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Sony could easily make two versions of the PS4 at that point. One that comes out in 2013/14 and another updated unit in 2017/19

:mnky:
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming