Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:39 am

Yep. Definitely a big collectors item. Thats why i felt sorry for the dude who sold me his Saturn bundle and didnt realise he had threw in PDS in the sale. Obviously didnt realise its value.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:42 am

Think it still goes for over £100 on ebay?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 am

£200 when i looked a few months ago. There was one in the states priced at $499. Regardless of the value, i couldnt part with it. Even if i could, i would just give it to someone like OL to enjoy it.

Peter has received a thanks from: OL
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Thief » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 am

You can get a "copy" that'll work for about $40 dollars... if you get a chip from Racketboy. That's what I did to play it before I eventually bought it.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Peter wrote: £200 when i looked a few months ago. There was one in the states priced at $499. Regardless of the value, i couldnt part with it. Even if i could, i would just give it to someone like OL to enjoy it.

Yeah i cant see myself selling it even if i got rid of my Saturn.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:34 pm

I love playing PD even now despite I only got the game a couple months ago. Sadly the 3D pad makes the game control worse so better to play with the d pad. Very good looking game for Saturn. Reminds me I need to pop in Virtual On and try it out.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:19 am

Its out now for something like 79p on WP. XBLA game coming late October[despite what the article says] but still no price.

This is a Mobile Panzer Dragoon Game in Everything But Name
Microsoft Studios might be calling it Crimson Dragon: Side Story, but this incredibly deep and stylish shooter for the Windows Phone 7 is pure 2D Panzer Dragoon.

Side Story is the mobile companion to Crimson Dragon, the Kinect-powered Xbox Live Arcade shooter that last I heard was still in development limbo. The team creating that game includes Yukio Futatsugi, the man who directed the first three Panzer Dragoon titles, so when I tell you that this is a 2D Panzer Dragoon mobile game in everything but name it's more than just hyperbole. The same team is responsible for this title, right down to Panzer Dragoon Orta and Saga composer Saori Kobayashi on music.

On the planet Draco, colonized by refugees from Earth, a mysterious indigenous dragon is spreading the Crimsonscale disease, laying waste to human settlements. Players take on the role of a young dragonrider tasked with taking out this threat.

Gameplay is essentially that of its inspirations, only from the side. The on-rails gameplay of Panzer Dragoon translates into a side-scrolling shooter in which the player can only move up and down, making it perfect for the mobile phone. Weapons range from auto-firing cannonblasts to those wonderfully familiar homing blasts, fingers on the right hand tracing targets and lifting to let projectiles fly.

Crimson Dragon: Side Story goes much deeper than your average side-scrolling shooter, however. There are levels to earn, dragons to breed, and more than 170 different skills to unlock. Those skills rely on specific conditions being met in the game's levels — one might require completing a stage using a specific weapon, another by shooting a certain number of enemies without taking a hit. There's an amazing amount of replayability in this $.99 title, but if players would rather unlock things by spending Microsoft points on gems they can ruin the experience for themselves that way.

For those of you familiar with the Panzer Dragoon franchise, all I really had to do to convince you to play Crimson Dragon: Side Story was write that headline. The rest of you don't know what you're missing — now's your chance to find out.

http://kotaku.com/crimson-dragon|-side-story/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:02 am

CD missing down to MS not development issues :???:

http://www.xblafans.com/crimson-dragon- ... 60374.html

XBLA fans may be wondering what happened to Grounding Inc.’s upcoming Kinect shooter, Crimson Dragon. The spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon was expected to hit XBLA way back in June but was subjected to a last minute delay. Microsoft gave no indication as to how long the delay would be and concern has been growing. Yukio Futatsugi, a director at Grounding Inc., recently tweeted:

“Many people ask me on Twitter, ‘What happened to Crimson Dragon?’ Sorry, I can’t tell you anything yet. You should ask Microsoft. But we’re still working variously for it.”

Grounding Inc explained further,

”Microsoft has made this decision for better unfolding for this franchise. There’s not [sic] development issues.”

Its an XBLA game so no reason reason to delay it till the new console comes out.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:46 pm

The certification system that games have to go through to get on XBLA is horrendous, even if published by Microsoft.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:13 pm

But in this case the game was just about to be released but they pulled it a day or 2 before its release. At first i thought they simply moved it back to release it with Side story but nope.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: But in this case the game was just about to be released but they pulled it a day or 2 before its release. At first i thought they simply moved it back to release it with Side story but nope.

Yea I dunno then, I hope its not something that just goes away but it seems to be happening frequently these days (like with Rodea the sky soldier)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:45 am

Just SCREAMS Panzer Dragoon.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: OL
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Maybe someday it'll even get released
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 am

And it gets a little odder. A demo is now up on the Japanese market place. Its odd because its still listed as a XBLA game and i don't think one has ever had a demo released rather than just the Buy/Trial option.

Going to have to set up a Japanese account.

And turns out those OST's are from the WP game.

Edit - and now the demo has been removed.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 pm

nothing about it adds up, which is a shame cause I really wanted to try it
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III