Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby Raithos » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:06 pm

That person you talked to charged you a second time for hanging up on them! Im jk man, that sucks. That's weird, I just got this in last week http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-Gunda ... y_b_text_z and it was in perfect shape. Was sent wrapped inside a bubble mailer. Maybe its certain shipping warehouses that are making the mistakes? I can't think of any issues I've had with them off the top of my head. Not making excuses for them at all, I know for a fact their shipping has went down hill as of late after the Bravely Default fiasco and your current issues. My CE came packed in a huge box though with tons of those air bag packing things.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:13 pm

Yeah, I just moved alot of my other pre-orders over to newegg, no tax, free shipping. i'll be alot happier with them im pretty sure.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Newegg is great about returns/exchanges too
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 pm

I talked to amazon again, they putting 1 day delivery on my CE, also said one of the $139 transactions should drop off, apparently my bank rejected the first attempt at paying it, then it worked the second time and thats why it happened. Amazon offered me a 15% discount for the damaged guide or said they could send me another one (which seems stupid to me since they are just gonna send the same item in the same packaging again, or so logic would suggest, and even if they didnt there is no way I could know for sure, so itd be a gamble) but they are out of stock anyway, not sure what to do, its not like I can get the amazon price for this thing any where else, and ive already spent enough on this release as it is. Maybe i'll just take the 15% discount and keep this one... BLAH! atleast the CE will be here tuesday, I know for sure now!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Nice! Glad it all worked out. Yeah I want the guide, hopefully when I get around to ordering it its get here OK. Or else I'll go to Gamestop, buy a great condition one, then return the crappy one muahahahaha :devillaugh:
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:37 pm

^ thats not gonna work without a gamestop receipt for it. You'll be paying $40 for it at gamestop, where its about $30 on amazon. I guess that $10 off is the risk you take ordering through amazon, maybe it will come in good condition, maybe it wont.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Its only 24.46 on Amazon right now shipped (prime). I will have a Gamestop receipt though. if Amazon sends me a crappy one I don't open it, go to Gamestop and buy a good one. Then go back the next day and return the crappy one that Amazon sent me to Gamestop getting my 40 back, still having only paid the 24 to amazon. I worked there for two years. As long as its sealed there's no questions asked.

That's if my ex isn't there to just swap it out for me avoiding the hassle altogether.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Hmm, I havent taken that one out of the shrink wrap, maybe I could be so evil bwahahahahaha
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Raithos wrote:Maybe its certain shipping warehouses that are making the mistakes?

I get that impression. Like I said before, I've literally never had any problems with Amazon's shipping myself, but then me and AG live in different parts of the country. If the main warehouse that ships stuff out to his area is so shitty about it, I wouldn't blame him for dropping them.
But mine's always been good, so... eh.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:11 am

i think its in ga, and ga has tax laws that make amazon have to make a contract to have their business in my state, and ultimately charge tax to the people in my state ordering from amazon. As for the cheap packaging, im sure thats just to cut down on costs and thus more extra money. But, im pretty sure its not just this branch, remember the bravely default CE... people from all over had the same problem. And now that I think about it, my KH 1.5 HD came in something similar and it was kinda of bent up when it got here, but I overlooked it then, its getting old now. Meh, oh well.

Also, im gonna pre-order tails of hearts r as soon as I get the chance. More Tales on the go goodness like the awesome Eternia for PSP, which just happens to also be japanese voice with english text only like Hearts R.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:28 am

I get flimsy packages like that from secondary merchants sometimes, but from Amazon proper I always get these folded cardboard things, or if it's something a little bigger it comes in a legitimate box.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:01 am

Damn that sucks AG. Seems like you always get screwed over with this kinda stuff. Good you got its settled though if not ideal.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:52 pm

I hate to say it, but the situation has gotten even worse... they told me they were upgrading my shipping to over night to make up for the inconveinence for double charging me for the CE and I look at my bank account again, and they charged me for the god damn shipping for over nightingit which was like $11 and some change, but they never mentioned anything about a new price total, how much the shipping was going to be when I talked to them over the phone, and thus made the impression that over night shipping was no charge. Im gonna call them again later and probably blow the fuck up on them, I hate to do it, but its been one fuck up after another with this... Should be here monday though, they just cant seem to do anything right. I am absolutely shocked with amazon.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Axm
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 pm

So amazon did all they could to try to make up for the bad experience. They refunded the overnight shipping, which I was not aware of, they refunded 15% off the guide for it coming in damaged, but it took some talking and a long winded phone call. I talked to the superviser and made a formal complaint about the recent issues I have been having (fyi my Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD was also a bit bent when it came in, but I let that slide a while ago), I explained how long I had been ordering from them, and that the last year or the quality of the shipping boxes and envelopes had gone way down. Honestly, every person I talked to just sounded like they wanted to get me off the phone asap, I wasnt cussing or being rude, just being firm and assertive and explaining how I felt, but not even the superviser wanted to have a decent conversation about what was going on, and if there was something that could be done to change it, but all I really got was "i'll pass the info along" to the next level over him. Blah, still only gonna use amazon as my last resort now, but atleast they refunded me a bit for some of their mistakes.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Hey look, it's island-dwelling Sephiroth! And he apparently stole one of Dante's guns, and has been playing way too much Persona 3 lately!

That's a shot from Zesteria.
I already wanted it, but something about this character design is making me want it even more. Nice to see it's not all rainbows and sunshine.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming