Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Coromasta » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Picked up Kirby star allies for the switch, it's so frigging cute and cheerful! Last one I played were the gba ones so good to hear the re-imagened but nostalgic music and the updated play mechanics, in which you can combine almost all powers with each other one way or the other.

However, I totally forgot that Ni no Kuni 2 is released this Friday. This time I avoided all potential spoilers trough youtube trailers and the like, so it totally slipped my mind.

Also got a 20 inch sony broadcast-monitor for my retro setup for peanuts, now to find the right size cabinet for it all. Bluemue, how the heck did you fit all that stuff and make it look nice(talking about your room video on yt a while ago).
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:33 pm

Was looking for something to use my VR headset for this weekend and got elite dangerous. The game works great with VR (the throttle and stick in game are about in the same position I have them on my desk so it adds to the immersion, well ignoring the fact that when I look down I have boobies ;)) but like 80% of the game is spent travelling from point A to B and not doing anything else. It'll take up a good chunk of your day if you let it. This is a game I would've loved when I had a lot of free time but now I really don't want to spend hours travellign and configuring my ship.

Also got Eve Valkyrie which is a great space fighter game that has a promising single player campaign (if you even want to call it that... it is more just a series of brief scripted missions that serve as an introduction to multiplayer), but they focused on making it some stupid multiplayer lootbox grind instead which completely ruined the game for me. I actually think i am going to get a refund for this game.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:18 am

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:35 am

Bought various experimental indie games (and some not that much experimental)

Beckett (played like 10 minutes, weird, looks cool).
DIstortions (just got through the intro, 9 years making it by some brasilian guys, it's wowing and it's the feel of WTF I want to give in my game, though probably won't, beautiful and technically impressive, playing it rght now).
The fidelio incident (just booted, nothing to say more than pretty textures).
The paincreek killings (a unity mistery walking sim, played more than other, it's... ok I can't say much of it really)
Void & meddler (seems like an interesting PnC, nice art of those that looks amateurlish handcrafted, really like it, reminds me of neofeud)

Also played the free game Marie's room (basically a one room Gone Home, but with the LiS atmosphere/aesthetic)
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby OL » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Already have it on Steam, and I love what I've played (really need to get further; it truly is one of the best retro-style, pixel-art games I've played), but I can't pass up a physical copy. Comes out next month.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby ProjektHate » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:04 pm

Recently picked up the PS4 FFX/X-2 remaster. X was one of my favorite PS2 games, so it was a blast playing through that one again.

X-2... I haven't gotten too far into that one yet. Was never a big fan. I'll probably beat it at some point, since I paid for it, but I'm not in a hurry. Lol
ProjektHate
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: ProjektH8
Currently playing: KotOR

Postby Haruto » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:46 am

Senke no Ronde 2 PS4
Wild Guns Reloaded on Switch
Yakuza 6 PS4
Tokyo Xanaxu EX+ PS4

Haruto has received a thanks from: OL
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:01 pm

The latest PSN sale is insane.

My purchases:

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4)

Collar X Malice (PS Vita)

Dead Storm Pirates (PS3)

MOON DIVER (PS3)

Dark Rose Valkyrie (PS4)

Forbidden Siren (PS4)

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PS4)

Valkyria Revolution (PS4)

METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY™ (PS3)

Star Ocean® Till The End Of Time™ (PS4)

Your Basket
Subtotal:
£256.90 (would normally cost)
Discount:
-£183.70 (the deductions due to the sale)
New Total:
£73.20 (the total for 10 games)

Most of these games that have physical copies costs waaaaay more (Dark Rose Valkyrie for example, retails for 44.99 with no sign of dropping). Gonna start with Moon Diver on PS3, beat that in one night hopefully, have some fun playing Metal Slug Collection with my brother then move on to Collar X Malice on Vita and try out Valkyria Revolution, see if it's as bad as it looked initially and reportedly was...if it is, oh well, Dark Rose Valkyrie it is.

I'll keep Forbidden Siren replay for Halloween. Supposedly they touched the game up and smoothed it out whilst adding trophies. Gonna keep Dead Storm Pirates for when I'm in the mood for a lightgun game.

The rest are just for playing throughout the year at some point. That might be me for the year now with regards to buying games outside of getting Yakuza 6 in May and my pre-orders of Shenmue HD and Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:25 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

So I guess I'm officially over my years-long aversion to modern anime-style Japanese games. Maybe. For the moment at least. I'm a total fucking flake. It turns on and off.
Originally wasn't super interested in Nights of Azure 2, because the whole focus is on tits. But now I'm like, hey... tits. Still need to beat the first game though.
Blue Reflection is the kind of thing that usually repels me completely, but I randomly watched a small bit of gameplay, and the visuals and music are just so... weirdly fucking pleasant. It's modern Sailor Moon, but relaxing. The fuck is that all about?
Utawarerumono, I'm still a bit iffy about, because I'm not usually a big visual novel fan. But the interspersed SRPG gameplay looks nice, and apparently the world and lore are really well-realized. So I'll try it.
Alliance Alive is from the same devs as Legend of Legacy, and that was pretty cool. Very Saga-esque, but apparently AA has a much better story (written by the creator of Suikoden, so maybe that'll appeal to some here).
And Nobunaga's Ambition ain't anime-style, but I always preorder this series as soon as they're announced. I like that KoeiTecmo takes the risk of releasing niche stuff like this so often, so they've got my support.

So yeah, mostly a weird batch of games for me. But, excluding Nobunaga and Alliance which are both Amazon, they were all surprisingly cheap on Gamestop's site, which is rare. Been a while since I've just grabbed up a big haul of games.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Haruto, Henry Spencer
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Its about damn time OL. Uta is a good series, but I wouldnt doubt if its too anime for you, but maybe you have come around on that too and can enjoy the perverted parts and shameless fan service. My girl played Blue Reflection and loved it to death, but its a bit too girly for even me, but she is a huge sailor moon fan so it was right up her alley.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 pm

I bought some NeoGeo games on Switch.
Magician Lord
Sengoku 2
Sengoku 3
Robofight
Pulstar

Haruto has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 01, 2018 5:51 pm

Wow, didn't realise there's loads of cool NeoGeo games on Switch, that'll be great for when i want to experience some new retro games. Sengoku 3 is a legit great side scrolling brawler though.

Out of all of those, i think only Alliance Alive is up my alley. Yeah Utawarerumono are SRPGs but like 90% slice of life visual novels, which ain't my thing at all. Still, you managed to compete well with all of the games I got. You dived into The Silver Case yet, Orange?

As a follow up to my post previously:

Valkyria Revolution has probably the longest "intro" to a game I've played in a long time. The combat is really...not too good at all! The game is piss easy, no difficulty at all and that would be fine but this game cannot mix action and streategy (what strategy?) together at all. The story is surprisingly intriguing, so I'll carry on with it.

I then booted up Dark Rose Valkyrie, and in comparison the game just jumps straight into the first battle within like two minutes. The game is much faster paced and the combat is really in-depth with lots of skills to utilise and enemies that don't go down easily. The story isn't as intriguing as Valkyria Revolution though. I do prefer the music in this game however. If only there was a way of planting the story of V. Revolution into this game's combat system and music, it'd make for a great game.

Anyway, gonna finish up Ratchet & Clank first then carry on with these, only supposed to be pretty short RPGs compare d to other JRPGs out there.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun May 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Double post, sorry and all that, don't ban me!

But I got a Nintendo Switch and Mario Odyssey for my birthday. The console is fantastic, so small and easy to get started. The game itself is a masterpiece. Best Mario game I've played since Super Mario 64, for me (yeah, I played Galaxy, not my thing, although I'm willing to give it another shot now I am loving Odyssey so much). The levels are incredibly fun to play and I did a session on Friday that was 4 hours straight, just lost track of time. It's one of those kind of games.

Also got Shadow of Rome (PS2) off my brother. This game is just amazing as well. Such a fun cinematic experience from Capcom (the Onimusha devs made this and you can tell). I'm a good few hours into the game now and honestly feel like this has got to be one of the most underrated Capcom games of all time. Without a shadow (heh) of a doubt! Such a shame it's so forgotten nowadays and won't be getting a remaster since it bombed so hard for Capcom.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Haruto, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Mon May 14, 2018 8:25 am

Just bought Devil May Cry HD Collection on PS4. I can finally sell my PS2 copies.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby SickOctopus » Mon May 14, 2018 11:09 am

I'm about to move to Japan, so have just ordered a PS4 Pro to be delivered to be delivered to my address there.

A bit decadent, as I already have a Pro, but it saves me having to lug a console around whenever I travel between the UK and Japan.
SickOctopus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: AJK1986
Steam: AllyK86
Currently playing: Life is Strange

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming