Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:14 am

Bit of a long read but I enjoyed it. What went wrong with Street Fighter The Movie.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/3/ ... went-wrong

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Sonikku
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Streaming again and I'm letting some people play the beta.

http://www.twitch.tv/indiemegabooth

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Sonikku
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:19 am

Witcher 3 delayed

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-wi ... 0-6418237/

Shame but I actually still need to finish the 2nd but its been so long I might as well start over.

Pretty cool studio logo IMO

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:54 am

replaying Operation Darkness, man I fucking love this game. Its complete and utter shit when it comes to execution but so many of the ideas are fucking winners.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:02 pm

I wish they brought that over here, damn region lock.

Kojima had some interview a couple of hours ago with Geoff Keighley, the basics of it went like this:

-He wants to bring back Silent Hill. He didn't elaborate if his team would handle it or if he outsourc eit to somebody or get certain members from Team Silent back or what.
-Recognises the fan translation of Policenauts and endorses it [this is the first time he's ever acknowledged it] and any future fan projects.
-Still wants to make a new IP.
-Zone of the Enders 3 is "on hold" not "cancelled" as it was originally thought (could it be Platinum Games who are making it?)
-Not interested in making a Metal Gear 1 & Metal Gear 2 remake.
-Is hoping this Metal Gear will have its own identity rather than be tied to the other games too much. Said he's taking a MGS1 approach to the story - meaning he's acknowledging the events prior and after (Like MGS1 did with Metal Gear 1 & Metal Gear 2) but will weave his own story.
-Classic Metal Gear elements not present in Ground Zeroes will be in Phantom Pain (Cardboard box, humour, knocking, CODEC etc)
-When asked about if Metal Gear Rising 2 is happening he just smiled and made a "no comment"
-Snake is not in the new Smash Bros.
-MGS5 is inspired by films like Blood Diamond, Munich & more recently 12 Years a Slave. Wants to make it "dark" and fun to play with lots of extra content.

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: Axm, OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: replaying Operation Darkness, man I fucking love this game. Its complete and utter shit when it comes to execution but so many of the ideas are fucking winners.

Kept meaning to try that out (and the character designs keep trying to seduce me to it; same artist as Theresia, for which I have some kind of sick obsession).
I keep seeing the strategy guide at a nearby bookstore, completely new in its wrapping for a whole 3 bucks. Might have to snatch that up one of these days.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:03 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
-Zone of the Enders 3 is "on hold" not "cancelled" as it was originally thought (could it be Platinum Games who are making it?)

-When asked about if Metal Gear Rising 2 is happening he just smiled and made a "no comment"

That.. that right there. I could not imagine the awesomeness that would ooze from a Platinum developed ZoE game.

And I would buy MGR2 day one. Absolutely love the first one, one of the funnest titles from last gen for sure. Been wanting to rebuy it on steam and see if it runs 1080p and if the frame rate is unlocked or not.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:33 am

I'm not really sure about a Platinum-developed ZOE, myself. They're great when it comes to gameplay, but my fear is that the story side of things would be too off-the-wall. The grand majority of work I've ever seen from them indicates that that's kind of their "thing" (the only real exception being Infinite Space).
And yeah, sure, ZOE isn't the most realistic series in the world, but it's grounded enough that I can accept it as legitimate "serious" sci-fi. I don't want to see it go all Bayonetta/Madworld/Anarchy Reigns/Vanquish, where it's a fun game, but you better kiss goodbye any hopes of taking the story seriously (I still haven't played it, but I got the impression that MGR is kind of like that as well). I consider ZOE kind of on the same level of legitimacy in its genre as something like Gundam, for example. And I'd hope that they'd retain that kind of tone, if they chose to continue it. Otherwise... what's the point?

Well, whoever ends up developing it, I just pray Yoji Shinkawa will still be doing the mecha design work.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:41 am

MGR actually makes a really good point about the player. Its an off the wall story but it actually manages to make a point though t gets buried in throwing around MG Rays and scream "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" during stealth kills
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:59 am

Most mech anime/games are very over the top, which for me is in line with the games Platinum develops. Which ZOE did you like better? I thought 2 was better that 1 in every way. It was faster, better pacing, story, characters, game play and boss fights were so much better. MGR is set up essentially the same way, over exaggerated boss fights and all. There are so many similarities between the two. Once you play it you'll see what I mean. I think Platinum would treat the story more serious than that of MGR, and would give us the best "High Speed Robot Action" possible lol
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 am

phpBB [video]

Who Really Cares? wrote: Bit of a long read but I enjoyed it. What went wrong with Street Fighter The Movie.

Reading that gives me new found respect for Raul Julia. And new found disdain for Jean Claude.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Sonikku wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: Bit of a long read but I enjoyed it. What went wrong with Street Fighter The Movie.

Reading that gives me new found respect for Raul Julia. And new found disdain for Jean Claude.

What I was thinking. JCVD really came across as an asshole in the old days. He suffered for it, though..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:05 pm

Rumour that the next Resident Evil will be XBox One exclusive.

Seriously MS save the money for something else.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Rumour that the next Resident Evil will be XBox One exclusive.

Seriously MS save the money for something else.

That would be kinda funny and possibly get me to buy an xbo, I want one if it drops in price because of DR3.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Thought this was pretty funny. I love how Cracked's videos can look at something from a different angle and either totally ruin them or make them more awesome, depending on the situation.
Sonic's fucked.

http://www.cracked.com/video_18803_4-so ... games.html

OL has received a thanks from: Axm
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming