Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Lemme guess, its for Wii-U Oh hohohohohoho hahahahahahaha :theyareontome:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:22 pm

Looking forward to writing this next review, but the fact that you have to almost get 100% completion on the stages to beat the main game is really holding me up.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:55 am

Here is something I have been trying to figure out. Why are the hard drives in the Wii U so small? 32 Gigs is the biggest I have seen out of the warehouse. That is tiny... teeny tiny...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Thats why im waiting for a new model.
So the old one gets mad cheap or I get some extra gigs. Hopefully they do something over 100gb.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:58 pm

You really think there is gonna be a re-design with how poorly it has sold? Maybe after the leverage it has gotten here lately, but still its waaayyyy behind right now.

In some other thoughts, I think I have lost my will to continue Bravely Default. Battles have gotten so repetitive im bored with it, I mean, I know im using the same strategy over and over (literally the same spells and skills in the exact same order just about every battle), its a good strategy, I can 1 turn wipe so easily, its just leveling up now is mind numbingly dull, and bosses are about the only thing thats varied at this point. Maybe I have exploited this game too much, but no more than I have in any other games, I think there might be some balancing issues, or even too many possibilities (there are alot of jobs and skills and spells to choose from that you can mix and match). I mean I am even using the same level skill as I have from the beginning of the game, the "stomp" technique on my knights with weapon infused from ara-class spells (thundara, blizara, fira) from the mage fencer class, and it just over powered as fuck I guess, then a white mage and a black mage or 2 red mages, and im set. The game just hasnt really been as fun, I may force myself to finish it, idk the story and characters are decent at least. Im not sure what i'll do about it yet, but I may move on to something else, I dont hate the game, I have just come to a road block with it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:16 pm

If anything I think a redesign would be a prudent move for a poorly selling machine. Redesigns these days are more about stripping the machine down with cheaper parts and lower costs than they are about making actual improvements. Saving money on each unit sold is a sensible way for Nintendo to improve their margins on units.

What they really need to do is ship a Tablet-less model for less $$$. It would be one thing if Nintendo set the world on fire with that thing, but they clearly didn't. And if not even Nintendo themselves is all that interested in supporting it, if this years heavy hitters (smash bros/Mario Kart) are any indication, then it just isn't worth the extra $100. Sadly, Nintendo is very stubborn. Same reason why they don't invest in modernizing their online environment like Sony did.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thief » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Sonikku wrote: Redesigns these days are more about stripping the machine down with cheaper parts and lower costs than they are about making actual improvements.

I can only be reminded of Sega back when they were releasing new models of the Genesis. Each model was worse than the one before it -- with the model 3 being the biggest piece of crap.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Yeah. Model 3 couldn't even output in anything other than Mono, even if you plugged stereo av cables into it. :???: A cardinal sin for any Street of Rage fan.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:41 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:You really think there is gonna be a re-design with how poorly it has sold? Maybe after the leverage it has gotten here lately, but still its waaayyyy behind right now.

Im just talking about them upgrading the hdd.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:57 am

I managed to finish my first speedrun in Super Metroid Any% tonight. The time I got is 1:05:32 which is not that great but it's something to improve upon.

lol

Thief has received a thanks from: Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 pm

hahaha
phpBB [video]
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Would it be too much to learn to read, write, and speak japanese just so I could move there and be a happy gamer again?...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:40 pm

^ learning a language is a great thing to do. I don't know if I'd want to move to Japan though -- talk to Axm.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:58 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Would it be too much to learn to read, write, and speak japanese just so I could move there and be a happy gamer again?...

You cannot truly, truly be the AnimeGamer until you are living among your kin, speaking and understanding the language of your people.

Sleeping with a five foot tall pillow is just not enough.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: SaM_4000
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:31 am

If you wanna have a huge headache everyday go for it..
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming