Silent Hills (P.T.) Cancelled!

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Silent Hills (P.T.) Cancelled!

Postby Thief » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:47 pm

I have a flip phone -- my bill is super small, my battery life is super long, and my social skills are spot on. Never getting a smart phone. Information at my finger tips.... at what cost? Heaven forbid I do without knowing something immediately. There's something to be said for wondering something.

but fuck, I can't play my shitty half-assed video games then... well damn...
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Yeah you say that now, but once you have a taste of this wonderment on the palm of your hand you'll never go back.

Plus I use ting now as my provider. For texting, data, and what little calls I make my bill was $35.00, like seriously. I saved like a good $70 compared to what I used to pay.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Giorgio » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:32 am

phpBB [video]
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:56 am

The whole PT debacle seems to have sparked the PS4 hacking community. Preservation is key.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:51 pm

In Japan Konami is a very different company then what we Westerners think it is. They also dabble in stuff like gyms, real estate and even slot machines like Sega. As sad as it might be for us game fans the company just might be leaning more towards other businesses it dabbles in. It might be becoming less significant in the video game world but it doesn't mean the company itself is doing any worse as they may invest the extra money then now have in other areas. Games are fucking expensive to make and although it's Konami's fault for most of them a lot of their series aren't the sellers they used to be.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonikku » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Yeah these companies dabble in all sorts of stuff. Nintendo for instance had a thing for Love Hotels you could go to for banging prostitutes. It actually wouldn't be a half bad arrangement to have today. Nintendo keeps you entertained during the day with Mario, also keeps you entertained at night because you're too much of a nerd to score a girlfriend.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:20 pm

Yeah it's only recently I've come to be more aware of this (and probably many other people too). I knew some of the majors had a pachinko business as well but beyond that I thought Sony was the only one that dabbled in other types of businesses like movies and electronics.

My major complaint and worry is that the IPs they have are going to be further misused or tucked aside as the focus shifts. They sure as shit ain't gonna give them away but we might see more things like Metal Gear Solid the Mobile Card Game with $5 digital cards and $10 coins to buy more cards. And shamefully I might actually give into that.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Shenmuedabest » Wed May 06, 2015 9:59 am

Raithos wrote: You can go online to PSN store and add it to your cart and check out. It will forever be in your download list that way. They delist stuff from the store but anyone who has it purchased can always re-download it later.

Not now you can't...

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/silent-h ... re-library
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed May 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Wow. So you can't even redownload it anymore or download it at all on a new device... Just when you thought Konami couldn't suck anymore they keep surprising me.

I can see eBay bids for PS4s with this game included going for a high price!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby BlueMue » Wed May 06, 2015 1:20 pm

It's sad they pulled this, I really wanted to try this out. Got my PS4 just a few days too late.
Isn't there any kind of way to transfer it over to other systems? Like putting it on a USB stick and then copy it onto a different PS4? I guess Playstations don't allow this as easily as it is on the 360.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Wed May 06, 2015 1:33 pm

I bet there is.

Once there is a mass torrent of it going around and methods to teach people to download it to their PS4s, I'll be laughing.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed May 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Once they hack the PS4, sure, but until then, no. Sony will keep patching the PS4 but it's only a matter of time until it happens (and good, I say). It's because of reasons like this that hacks and piracy happen in the first place. I do onwder if Kojima will try and yoink the team that made P.T. and was making Silent Hills and just make it with a new name at his new studio? Or at least something similar since it's such squandered potential and a big reason why I don't feel games are art at all, there's far too much business in games nowadays killing any creativity like this.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed May 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:I can see eBay bids for PS4s with this game included going for a high price!

They already were before this latest news. A PS4 with the game installed was going for $1000+
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Mon May 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Silent Hills too? Man, they're really busy changing things over at Konami.

Sonikku wrote: Yeah these companies dabble in all sorts of stuff. Nintendo for instance had a thing for Love Hotels you could go to for banging prostitutes. It actually wouldn't be a half bad arrangement to have today. Nintendo keeps you entertained during the day with Mario, also keeps you entertained at night because you're too much of a nerd to score a girlfriend.

I always found that funny. It's kind of ironic that the company known for family friendly gaming had this other side. Kind of a Mario/Ron Jeremy type of business strategy.

Kenny wrote: Yeah you say that now, but once you have a taste of this wonderment on the palm of your hand you'll never go back.

Oddly enough the flip phone is making a comeback in Japan of all places. Western Europe also had declining smartphone sales. It's likely because of price/reliability combined with things like real buttons. Or ... : http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 1637364040

I myself have had my "smart"phone for about 5 years and it could sometimes be handy. Like using Skype for a job interview away from my pc and during the call go to the browser to quickly look up things. I wonder if it could become necessary to own at some point? More companies over here offer services tied to smartphones. Like paying at a store, or the cinema where it scans your phone to automatically pay. The bus company also allows paying for the trip after which the phone then shows real time location of the bus on a map, arrival time etc.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Mon May 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Flip phone probably for making simple calls. A smartphone is not really ideal for calls since the battery dies out quicker.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to General Gaming