Zero Escape 3!!! (Sequel to 999 [DS] & Virtue's Last Reward)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Zero Escape 3!!! (Sequel to 999 [DS] & Virtue's Last Reward)

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Kotaro Uchikoshi, the series creator (director and writer) just announced it at some random game panel. Summer 2016.

The year of the fan requests becoming real! Fucking yeeeees! Best Japanese adventure series from one of the best developers in that field (Spike Chunsoft). This year has been so good to me.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Zero Escape 3!!! (Sequel to 999 [DS] & Virtue's Last Rew

Postby Ash » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:02 pm

I think that was the most drawn out teaser I've ever seen though. :P
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:03 pm

There was nothing to see, though. :P

EDIT: Now there is:

FUCKING VITA AND 3DS! FUCK YEAH!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Ash » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:12 pm

PR wrote: Do not be tempted by familiar faces, fully voiced cinematics, multiple endings, or voices in both Japanese and English, as those are signs that the apocalypse is nigh. We suggest that you put extensive effort into improving your puzzle solving skills, as they will be vital to your survival.

We at Crash Keys beg for your assistance in notifying everyone you can so that no one is left in the dark about this dangerous game. The world will end up in a tumultuous uproar, and ultimate consequences will be unavoidable unless word gets out. Use all the time available to you before the summer of next year to contact your loved ones and prepare; our intelligence hasn’t been able to focus in on an exact date at this time. Do not fear – we are here to protect you and prepare you to our utmost ability so that you may survive. You will survive. We will use all channels available to contact you with updates as soon as we uncover them. You must be ready.

Did you see the countdown on the 4infinity website?
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Nah, didn't keep up with all of the teasing, too busy getting hyped for Shenmue 3 news today, then this news came out of NeoGAF.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Ash » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:18 am

Concept Art:

Looking at the necklace, it looks like that could be Diana behind the chair.

Apparently this game is closer to 999 in tone than VLR.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:08 am

Woah. New artist for this game? Looks sweet. Wonder if they will go back to using CG art like in Virtue's Last Reward or sprites like in 999? Or maybe actual art like the concept art? I'd like that, definitely.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:35 pm

New artwork:

http://www.tweetface.co/index.cfm/user/show/code/CURKpOAip
https://twitter.com/_crash_keys_/status/679391205705121793

Not sure if the full face picture is fan-made, since the official Twitter picture cuts part of the face off.

VLR:

If it is official...I thought it was Sigma in the concept art with Diana, and put the changes down to the art being done by a different artist, but I'm just not seeing Sigma in the new image, though I think my opinion is in the minority.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ash » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Some of the characters - no names have yet been released:

Zero Escape 3 Character pictures, 999 and VLR spoilers:

Current theories are that Participant One is the Left clone, Participant Five is Junpei, based on his hair, and the fact he was five in 999. Uchikoshi replied "Who had the number 6 in 999?" when asked about Participant Six, which have led people to think she may be one of Lotus' daughters. Participant Seven seems to be Diana, her clothes match the concept art. Participant Nine appears to be Sigma for the same reason.

There's going to be a Zero Escape 3 presentation next month at the same time as GDC. There's a fairly high chance that a trailer will be shown then.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 am

This comes out on Tuesday for 3DS and Vita, and the Steam version comes out on Thursday (seems like 999 may be coming out on Steam at some point as well.)

The embargo on reviews was lifted today, and spoilers have started coming out.

A few things I've heard:

The story is as strong as it was in 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. (All Reviews I've heard about seem to agree on this.)
The violence and gore is much higher in this game than in the last two games. One reviewer felt the gore went a little too far.
The game lasts around 20-25 hours. Not as long as Virtue's Last Reward, but the writing is apparently a lot more concise.
3DS version seems to suffer from framerate drops, and a minor glitch when the system is put in sleep mode while playing. That said, the 3DS version is still perfectly playable.
There have been some mixed reactions to the puzzles. Some reviewers felt the puzzles were a little too hard, others thought the puzzles were fairly straight forward, for the most part.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to General Gaming