Favourite Lore in Video Games

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Favourite Lore in Video Games

Postby amiga1200 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:13 am

not a favourite, too smashed to go down that road! ](*,)
one i do like, is the shadow hearts trilogy. (technically, quadrilogy if kouldelka is counted.)
based on an alternate earth, but with magick, and references to known myths, monsters and locations.
for an RPG, it NEVER failed me, and the way the turn was executed was refreshing, as opposed to plain select move. (which was an option in the cfg funnily enough, just not set as default.)
a spinning marker on a disk, and you have to hit it in the right areas, with much smaller critical areas to boost effect.
in a way, the reflex to that was similar to shenmue, but with obvious exceptions, and the speed of the hand could be effected by items/equipment. the whole disk itself in any conceivable way...as expected of any quality RPG! :mrgreen:
the stories as well are decent.
the magick and the effects probably would give the top-running RPG's of the time a run for their shit. (imo)
in fact, it's got a unique feel to the trilogy, i've not encountered ANYWHERE yet.
the music and sound effects (ambiance too. ray dolby ROCKS!) are another good sticking point of the set.
of course, rumor has it, the wii has one or two by xceed (and cohorts) and i need to get em when i can be arsed.
the art styles, and the characters i thought was good, but i look where i'm at, and spark up a fuckin joint, and nod. :P :mrgreen:
[edit]
corrections.
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Previous

Return to General Gaming