Gravity Rush 2 and Gravity Rush Remastered Announced!!!!

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gravity Rush 2 and Gravity Rush Remastered Announced!!!!

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Right? Hopefully they do more to promote it at PlayStation Experience and TGS, especially since it's supposed to be coming this year. Always seems like it's the same kind of games that get promotion every E3 and it annoys me.

Screenshots:

This game is beautiful.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:26 pm

Looks like an anime movie, pretty cool.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Consider my underwear stained. 8)

Wow, does it look even more visually impressive than ever before! Plus Kat and Raven flying all about kicking some nevi butt! Is this a new breed of enemy I see? Some kind of mechs or Metal Gears to tango with? This is one of my most anticipated at E3 this year, and its not looking like its going to disappoint. No word of a release date for it yet though?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Good god, Raven looks about as close to the original concept art in that last shot as you can get with 3D graphics. Absolutely phenomenal stuff.

Also:

Henry Spencer wrote:Image

Is it weird that I now hope there's a button (or a general function of some kind) just for sitting down? :lol:
For some reason that's always appealing to me, when I can make a character sit down and just watch the game world walk/drive/fly by. Always liked sitting on benches in the Assassin's Creed games for that. Tends to create even greater immersion for some reason.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 am

I started playing the first game on PS4 just a couple of days ago. I spent about 30-45 minutes yesterday just going around and collecting the purple gems. I don't know if it's OCD but whenever a game has these types of things just floating in the air like in Crackdown I have to get them all!

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:09 pm

IGN Demo with game director Keiichiro Toyama:

phpBB [video]

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:22 pm

I just about cheered when Raven showed up around 5:15-ish and started fighting alongside Kat. And man, that mech fight. Already knew this stuff looked fun, but it's multiplied when you see it in a slightly longer, continuous format.
Skipped a bit of the video though, just to avoid the story. This is one of those I want to go into relatively fresh.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:16 am

Toyama-san obviously knows exactly what hes doing, I like him. Having just come off playing the first game all the way through I am absolutely ready for more GR, and from the sound of things we can expect other media and probably games. I hope GR becomes a regular release for Sony now, this series really needs the support it deserves.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:56 am

Nah, I'm pretty sure this is all they have planned for Gravity Rush, and I'm weirdly okay with that. GR2 is supposed to wrap up the story.
And honestly, as much as I love it to bits, Toyama is one of those guys who I'd like to see keep doing new, original things, rather than being tied down to a single series for long stretches. He has yet to produce a dud in my eyes (Silent Hill, Siren, Siren: Blood Curse, Gravity Rush) and I can't wait to see the next new project he works on, whatever it may be. He's someone I hope to always see new things from, rather than all sequels.
The guy is a well of great ideas and genuine passion for the medium. And in this particular stage of videogame history, that's incredibly rare and valuable as hell.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:54 am

It said in that video they had more announcements regarding the GR IP. Perhaps an anime?

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:35 am

Ah, missed that part at first (the gameplay was just repeating, so I skipped out).
Yeah, if anything, I personally hope it would just be some sort of comic or anime extension, something like that. As games go, I love that so far the series feels so meticulously crafted, so unique and whatnot. I'd hate to see too many sequels, making it eventually feel over-saturated.
Plus, y'know, what I said about Toyama. I want to see him have the opportunity to tackle as many of his ideas as he can, and continuing one series for too long would prevent that. I think he said a ways back that he had some more horror ideas he still wanted to do.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:47 am

It's out November 30th in Europe, December 1st in Japan and December 2nd in North American regions. So glad it's making it in time for Christmas. May just be the best Christmas present ever if it lives up to my hype for it!

New trailer (spoilered since it shows the new character just in case you're avoiding spoilers):
phpBB [video]

They also unveiled there will be a 20 minute OVA anime that takes place between the first game and second game and bridges the gap. The anime is being worked on by Studio Khara (founded by the Evangelion creator Hideaki Anno). So it should be good. Will be the first anime I've watched in over 5 years, lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khara_(studio)

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to General Gaming